Defund the Police

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Defund the Police

Post by Vēritās »

This has become a favorite talking point by Republicans, insisting it proves the Democrats are to against law enforcement. I watched this debate between Patrick Bet-David and Roland Martin and it was excruciating to get through it. Roland essentially points out that, contrary to his assertion, that the "Democratic Party" didn't come up with that - it was activists who were neither Democrat or Republican; they were just people fed up with having their family members arbitrarily murdered by cops. PBD then provided a youtube clip of various Dems mentioning it without any context at all, and then he says you cannot name a single Republican who wanted to defund the police. Roland tells him he is wrong about that too, and mentions Tim Scott saying police departments that do not implement no-choke hold policies should not get ANY federal funding. PBD just screams and derails, talking over him the whole time. This is how I would imagine a real live debate taking place between Ajax and anyone else with a functional brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1x452NEbVE&t=1916s

Most of the Dems in PBD's youtube clip were clearly mentioning the "reallocation of funding" and when Roland rightly pointed that out PBD accuses him of spinning! :roll:
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18