Is this board going to allow Defamation?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Is this board going to allow Defamation?

Post by Marcus »

honorentheos wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:37 pm
Marcus wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:33 pm
So, we are back to doubtingthomas making in real life threats.

Hey mods, however you handled yesterday's in real life threats and comments didn't stick. Is there a different solution for repeated universal rule 8 violations?
Years ago there was a dude who threatened on the board to find Dr. Peterson and do him harm. One of the few instances I'm aware of where someone was permanently banned.
Wow. The good old days. A couple months ago Binger made in real life threats to call my dept, call my university, call my students, etc. I compiled a list of NINE incidences, submitted it to the mods and got it somewhat taken care of. A couple of years back, after a New Jersey judge had her son killed and husband shot by a misogynistic incel, I spoke about it here, and doubtingthomas made six or seven posts directly threatening my sons. It was also “handled,” but not with a ban.

AtlanticMike once made a supremely ugly comment about my sex life that I repeated to my husband but immediately regretted sharing, because he got so angry I literally thought he was going to have a heart attack.

On a milder note, one time mentalgymnast suggested he would throw food in my face if we met in real life. Also, that I must have a squeaky voice, and did my husband approve of how I posted.

And then there is the lower level of disgusting sexism from people here like that podcast guy.

This is why women stay anonymous on the internet.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:28 pm
Marcus wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:25 pm
Stop talking about women and underage girls as though they are things.
I'll expose the fact that you defended racism, asked a man to show his penis, and said a lot of messed up things.

UR9, removed. -cp-
Christ, you're a piece of crap. No wonder you're lonely.

You should “F” off now.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:24 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:23 pm
She was not underage according to the law. Her mother was very happy I was dating her.

The relationship was not a secret, a lot of people know I was dating her.
UR9, removed. -cp-
Wth.

I'm done. Well and truly done. Over it.

Fin!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!