My Elders Quorum President Is An Exotic Dancer

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Xenophon
God

Re: My Elders Quorum President Is An Exotic Dancer

Post by Xenophon »

honorentheos wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:43 pm
Your trans-Mormon fanfic says you have things you need to work out about yourself.

That's my honest opinion about what you wrote.
Frankly I'm impressed by Lowrance's courage to reveal so much about himself here. Maybe we are doing better at creating a safe space for folks than I thought.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Xenophon wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:03 pm
Maybe we are doing better at creating a safe space for folks than I thought.
It’s a trend.

Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:30 pm
Once again a conservative makes up a scenario in his head and then gets outraged over it.

- Doc
One conservative happening that I can easily see would be a push to eliminate free school lunches for poor children. I imagine that will be at the top of the DeSantis agenda.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Xenophon
God

Post by Xenophon »

I'll try to put my serious hat on for a second just for the sake of discussion.

Personally I've seen nothing of the sort described in the OP that wasn't a highly voluntary thing that you had to seek out. I've been to exactly 1 drag burlesque show in my entire life, it was on vacation at the behest of my party. Although it was entertaining enough I doubt I'd ever go back. My aversion to that form of entertainment is not limited to drag though. My one trip into a strip club at 18 was mostly horrifying and I still don't understand their appeal, to each their own. But it isn't like the burlesque show kicked in my door and gyrated on me in my own home, that was an event we had to seek out and pay admission for, we got ID'd I might also add. Assuming there is a show of that nature that you take a young child to I'm likely going to regard you as a bad parent (fair or not) but there is a TON of things that we allow as a society that I think is bad parenting. I would regard your decision as equally bad if you encourage your young child to go to a CIS burlesque show too. The good news is we live in a world that mostly runs on personal accountability. If you don't want to see or participate in those things, it is pretty easy to avoid.

I'm aware of at least one drag performer that occasionally participates in our local library's "story time". Every time I've seen them they are dressed appropriately for the audience (often thematically with the book they are reading) and they do a fantastic job with the reading itself. We are blessed with a ton of great volunteers from a wide demographic set for that program that all do great work, I don't find that exposure any more harmful or damaging than any other exposure to different cultures/ideas.

Back to the OP: if you got fair warning about what the show would contain, when it was happening, and where.. yet you were still present when it happened... that is a you thing, brother.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Lowrance
Star A

Post by Lowrance »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Lowrance wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:49 am
Let's pretend that this next Sunday…
Once again a conservative makes up a scenario in his head and then gets outraged over it.

- Doc
Yes, the situation with the elders quorum president was a fabrication, but the provocative dancing that I described him doing in front of children is actually something that takes place in drag shows all over the United States. As I had suspected, you have no problem with drag queens engaging in sexually suggestive behavior in front of children. This is due to your belief that a man dressed in women's clothing is not held to the same standards as a man dressed appropriately for religious services. I'm sorry, but your way of thinking is completely foreign to me and one that I'll never be able to fathom. Regardless of the clothing that he is wearing, a man should never engage in sexually suggestive dancing in front of young children. However, you are not permitted to say that because the other wokies on the board will conspire against you and point out how exclusive your viewpoint is.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Lowrance wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:10 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc
Yes, the situation with the elders quorum president was a fabrication, but the provocative dancing that I described him doing in front of children is actually something that takes place in drag shows all over the United States. As I had suspected, you have no problem with drag queens engaging in sexually suggestive behavior in front of children. This is due to your belief that a man dressed in women's clothing is not held to the same standards as a man dressed appropriately for religious services. I'm sorry, but your way of thinking is completely foreign to me and one that I'll never be able to fathom. Regardless of the clothing that he is wearing, a man should never engage in sexually suggestive dancing in front of young children. However, you are not permitted to say that because the other wokies on the board will conspire against you and point out how exclusive your viewpoint is.
Once again we see conservatives don’t read:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:14 pm
Lowrance wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:34 am
I agree with you that some Jesus camps are utterly insane, but how do you feel about men who dress as drag artists and engage in sexual acts in front of young children?
I’m going to need a source for that one.
The image at the top is from a Jesus camp, the image at the bottom is from a drag show where a child is handing a man dressed up as a woman a gift for performing a provocative dance.
That’s degenerate, and probably why trans-exclusionary radical feminists exist. A man, dressing up as a funhouse woman, dancing provocatively in front of children, and taking money from them no less is immoral, unethical, and should be criminalized to a reasonable degree.

- Doc
Mike isn’t a serious person.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Lowrance
Star A

Post by Lowrance »

Xenophon wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:00 pm
I'll try to put my serious hat on for a second just for the sake of discussion.

Personally I've seen nothing of the sort described in the OP that wasn't a highly voluntary thing that you had to seek out. I've been to exactly 1 drag burlesque show in my entire life, it was on vacation at the behest of my party. Although it was entertaining enough I doubt I'd ever go back. My aversion to that form of entertainment is not limited to drag though. My one trip into a strip club at 18 was mostly horrifying and I still don't understand their appeal, to each their own. But it isn't like the burlesque show kicked in my door and gyrated on me in my own home, that was an event we had to seek out and pay admission for, we got ID'd I might also add. Assuming there is a show of that nature that you take a young child to I'm likely going to regard you as a bad parent (fair or not) but there is a TON of things that we allow as a society that I think is bad parenting. I would regard your decision as equally bad if you encourage your young child to go to a CIS burlesque show too. The good news is we live in a world that mostly runs on personal accountability. If you don't want to see or participate in those things, it is pretty easy to avoid.

I'm aware of at least one drag performer that occasionally participates in our local library's "story time". Every time I've seen them they are dressed appropriately for the audience (often thematically with the book they are reading) and they do a fantastic job with the reading itself. We are blessed with a ton of great volunteers from a wide demographic set for that program that all do great work, I don't find that exposure any more harmful or damaging than any other exposure to different cultures/ideas.

Back to the OP: if you got fair warning about what the show would contain, when it was happening, and where.. yet you were still present when it happened... that is a you thing, brother.
Therefore, you are condoning situations in which children dance on stage with drag queens while collecting money for the queens, and you are also condoning situations in which children shake their butts while collecting money for themselves. Should youngsters put on drag and gyrate their hips for the men in the audience, then ask for donations in exchange for their sexually suggestive performance? Should young children be allowed to join the queens on stage and engage in conversation with them while they perform? Is it acceptable for the child to start touching the queen and rubbing on them if they do this? because all of this is taking place in drag shows all over the United States.
Lowrance
Star A

Post by Lowrance »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:15 pm
Lowrance wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:10 pm

Once again we see conservatives don’t read:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:14 pm

I’m going to need a source for that one.

That’s degenerate, and probably why trans-exclusionary radical feminists exist. A man, dressing up as a funhouse woman, dancing provocatively in front of children, and taking money from them no less is immoral, unethical, and should be criminalized to a reasonable degree.

- Doc
Mike isn’t a serious person.

- Doc
https://youtu.be/efp9X3xtbyc

Young girl, maybe 4 to 6, sitting in a chair as if she's at a Bachelorette party, drag queen is crawling toward on hands and knees. 100% sexual! 100% a sexual act!

But not in wokie world where it's perfectly fine to sexualize children.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Lowrance wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:19 pm
Should youngsters put on drag and gyrate their hips for the men in the audience, …
Good question. Should youngsters not in drag gyrate their hips for the men in the audience?

Is a staple of conservative America’s culture participating in and promoting a problem in much greater numbers than the drag queens?
Xenophon
God

Post by Xenophon »

If you can't surmise my answer from above your reading is worse than I thought. That said I'm not sure we've established:
Lowrance wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:19 pm
because all of this is taking place in drag shows all over the United States.
As indisputable fact. Doc has already asked you to source some of those allegations and you're going to have to do WAY better than a screen grab or two to convince me that it is a systemic enough problem to warrant action on my part. You're also going to need to demonstrate that the caregivers of these children were wholly unaware of what they were getting into before I shift blame to someone other than them. I also find things like child beauty pageants reprehensible but mostly that disgust is on the parents for subjecting their children to it.

Assuming a venue makes reasonable considerations to inform the public of the content and follows regulatory guidelines for things like ID checking, where applicable and as it has in every scenario I've seen, and preventing incidental exposure then I don't see how the focus can be on anyone but the parents.

Totally unrelated to drag shows but I think anecdotally useful: I have witnessed several peers express disgust or dismay that a movie turned out far too raunchy for their child who they brought to see said movie. Deadpool notoriously memed parents for this. "So let me get this straight, there was a waning attached to the movie about the graphic nature of the film through a rating system, and you had to circumvent theatre policy to get around ID requirements for your child, but it wasn't until you saw the film you realized it was inappropriate?"... still pretty much a you thing, friend.
He/Him

― Xenophon