My Elders Quorum President Is An Exotic Dancer

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: My Elders Quorum President Is An Exotic Dancer

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Cynthia wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:23 pm
Do you mean to imply that pedophilia should be tolerated by adherents of the libertarian philosophy?
It’s nice to see a Conservative take a stand!

REVEAL YOURSELF DAEMON!

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: My Elders Quorum President Is An Exotic Dancer

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I just read this really sweet story on r/bestof and I thought I’d share:
Story time: I got "tricked into going to a Drag bar(?) & I've never really known where or how to share this story but I'm gonna leave it here,

A few years ago, when I had just started getting into doing stand-up. I was traveling 60-70 minutes a night just to go up at 2-4 open mics a week while running around the city. One night a few years ago, before Covid. I was talking to a couple of other comedians from the city. About how I was wasting like $40 just in gas just to do open mics at bars im buying drinks at to go up. I'm from Maine and the comedy scene just wasn't great at the time for unexperienced comedians like myself.

The two of em' mentioned they actually knew a club that was super popular and did open mics once a week near me. I was so excited. That night I went & saved it my GPS. I then went up to the bar to do a set that week.

What they failed to tell me, is that not only is this not a comedy bar. It's a Drag show bar. One for gay/trans(?) men & women to come & express themselves freely. The open mic? Was for the drag shows and other people to perform.

Now. To be fair. I should have clocked something when I saw the line of incredibly handsome women lined out the door.. but this is Maine, & I own a mirror. So who am I to judge? /s

The second I walked in though. I could tell someone had played a 'prank' on me. This was no comedy club.

I was actually gonna leave. I felt a bit shocked. I'm from a small town, and I had never been in that type of environment before. It felt like I didn't belong. I must of had that look on my face too. Cuz as I went to leave, this incredibly kind wo(man)(?)(I don't know the correct vocabulary, I'm sorry) came up to me. Making a harmless comment about this being my "first time" then invited me to have a drink with them at the bar.

I tried to explain to them that I thought this was a comedy club. That a couple guys from Boston had "tricked" me into coming to this drag bar. As a straight guy I didn't think I belonged at a club like this. Not because I thought it was like, gross. Just that I felt like this was a safe space for the LGBTQIA+ community. And i'm not one of the vowels. I'm an S.

They looked me confused, a bit sad. Saying essentially "That's exactly the attitude we don't allow here". I was scared. I thought I was about to get my first #MeToo.. But what she actually meant is that if I want to have a good time, then stay, & have a good time. No one there was gonna judge me because of my gender, race, sexuality, etc.

And you know what? They were right. I stayed. & I'm so. damn. happy. I did. I had a few drinks. I danced a little (I never do that). I even got hit on for the first time at bar in my life (that never happens).

Everyone there was so inclusive. They wanted everyone to have fun. It was like outside of the club they faced persecution & bigotry. But inside they felt free & safe. This is something I had never experienced in my life. It didn't magically turn me gay. They didn't 'slip me the magic fairy potion'. But being in this environment did make me happier. It's one of the most joyous nights of my life.

This is what Republicans, MAGA, & people like this shooter want to take away. This happiness. This sense of belonging. To feel safe in their own space. Selfishly now that I've experienced it. How could I ever allow or be comfortable seeing it ripped away from others?

Thanks to whoever read this!! I don't really know why I'm sharing this story, & I'm sorry if the details are a bit muddy I wrote this out just now. I'm also sorry if it's the wrong kinda story share or if I'm wrong.
I hope some of our more traditional posters read this.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.