My Elders Quorum President Is An Exotic Dancer

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Re: My Elders Quorum President Is An Exotic Dancer

Post by Xenophon »

honorentheos wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:22 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:13 am

Their appeal is that straight men enjoy seeing naked women.
It's the social contract involved that contextualizes that interaction.
Yeah for me it wasn't nearly as cut and dry. Perhaps much nicer clubs in much better towns feel different but mostly it just felt fairly exploity and I did not leave feeling great about myself or the exchange. I wouldn't say I expect everyone to burn them to the ground or anything, I certainly know plenty of people who like them... I'm just not going to be the one to suggest we go there.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Cynthia
Nursery

Post by Cynthia »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:32 pm
Lowrance wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:02 pm

You asked for it, so here are some screenshots taken from one of the videos. The video plays, showing a drag queen in a thong dancibg in a seductive manner while approaching a baby who is crawling around on the floor. I realize that in wokie world, something of that nature is probably considered normal. The second photograph depicts a young child crawling around on a dance floor on which drag queens are performing. Again, everything is returning to its natural state in wokie world.

Do you want to place a wager? I give you my word that in the next five years, drag queens will perform in front of children and babies while wearing giant strap-on dildos, and wokies will try to justify these sick actions of pedophilia by claiming that what they are doing is part of the human experience. I guarantee you that. Without a shadow of a doubt, that occurrence will take place, and people will patiently wait in line outside of libraries to view it.
The person in the top photo is clearly wearing a leotard, not just a thong. It doesn't show anything about how the person is dancing, as it is a still shot from the back. The bottom photo is completely decontextualized. It's not clear whether someone is performing or the nature of the performance. And the notion that drag queens dancing is somehow harmful to babies is beyond silly.

Drag shows are about performance -- not necessarily sex. I've attended a beauty contest where the largest division by far was drag. I'd describe it as more burlesque than anything else. The more risqué parts could have easily been cleaned up to provide a show appropriate for all ages. The money that was handed to the performers were donations to a charity that provided shelter for homeless youth.

This isn't about strap on dildos for children. This is about people consumed with fear and hatred looking for a group of fellow humans to demonize.
As a libertarian, I'm going to have to say that I agree with Lowrance's assessment that it constitutes a form of child abuse when drag queens dance in front of children in a way that is sexually suggestive. The majority of the time, I lean to the left, but this issue is pretty black and white. The practice of adult males dancing in front of infants and children is considered abusive to children. I would immediately contact the authorities and file a report if any of my family members, including my husband, my brother, or my eldest son, decided to dance in front of my other children in the same manner as the men in the videos that Lowrance had posted. A man's behavior does not become suddenly acceptable just because he is dressed up in a costume; this is especially true if the behavior is of a sexual nature when it is being performed in front of children.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:43 pm
honorentheos wrote:
No, it's men seeing naked women that contextualizes the interaction.
If by that you mean men who see naked women as objects to be oogled, sure. That's one direction it takes.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Xenophon wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:23 pm
honorentheos wrote:

Yeah for me it wasn't nearly as cut and dry. Perhaps much nicer clubs in much better towns feel different but mostly it just felt fairly exploity and I did not leave feeling great about myself or the exchange. I wouldn't say I expect everyone to burn them to the ground or anything, I certainly know plenty of people who like them... I'm just not going to be the one to suggest we go there.
With you 100%. Seeing a naked person isn't inherently sexual. Context matters. I DO think this at least partially explains why Shades punished people for posting nudity in art, though...
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

honorentheos wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:14 am
Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:43 pm
No, it's men seeing naked women that contextualizes the interaction.
If by that you mean men who see naked women as objects to be oogled, sure. That's one direction it takes.
Women are more than simply objects to be oogled. Men enjoy seeing naked women. The two concepts aren't mutually contradictory.
I DO think this at least partially explains why Shades punished people for posting nudity in art, though...
Nobody was "punished." Some individuals simply had their image-posting privileges removed when they demonstrated that they couldn't stop themselves from posting images containing nudity. This was because I want this message board to be safe for work. Although context matters, not all employers are as enlightened as the rest of us when it comes to understanding context. I clearly and painstakingly explained all of this as it happened. I didn't know it was rocket science.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:41 am
honorentheos wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:14 am
Women are more than simply objects to be oogled. Men enjoy seeing naked women. The two concepts aren't mutually contradictory.
Let's use an extreme example. Suppose in the line of duty you found yourself needing to render aid to a woman who had been raped and left naked by her attacker. I sincerely expect you and most mature men would not enjoy seeing a naked woman in that context. Your emotional response would, hopefully, be very far removed from one of arousal. Or it should be, anyway.

As Xeno noted, what some people experience in relation to sex workers is somewhere on the spectrum between the obvious extremes where arousal and compassion bookend potential emotional responses. And it's not likely to be a one-size-fits-all response. It's not just a matter of, "men enjoy seeing naked women" not "women enjoy seeing naked men" or "women enjoy seeing naked women" or "men enjoy seeing naked men".

Context matters.
I DO think this at least partially explains why Shades punished people for posting nudity in art, though...
Nobody was "punished." Some individuals simply had their image-posting privileges removed when they demonstrated that they couldn't stop themselves from posting images containing nudity. This was because I want this message board to be safe for work. Although context matters, not all employers are as enlightened as the rest of us when it comes to understanding context. I clearly and painstakingly explained all of this as it happened. I didn't know it was rocket science.
Punishment, privileges removed, pot-tay-toe, pot-tah-toe. I do understand some folks pushed back in combative ways that failed to acknowledge the valid concerns about what was being shared without content warnings. Hell, I know I reported a post from ludwigm for crossing a line without content warning. But your net was cast pretty wide, too, and it could be comical what got caught in it. I do think this rather blunt view of nudity = sexual explains much of what I saw take place.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Cynthia wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:54 pm
As a libertarian, I'm going to have to say that I agree with Lowrance's assessment that it constitutes a form of child abuse when drag queens dance in front of children in a way that is sexually suggestive. The majority of the time, I lean to the left, but this issue is pretty black and white. The practice of adult males dancing in front of infants and children is considered abusive to children. I would immediately contact the authorities and file a report if any of my family members, including my husband, my brother, or my eldest son, decided to dance in front of my other children in the same manner as the men in the videos that Lowrance had posted. A man's behavior does not become suddenly acceptable just because he is dressed up in a costume; this is especially true if the behavior is of a sexual nature when it is being performed in front of children.
A leftist libertarian, eh?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:34 pm
Cynthia wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:54 pm
A leftist libertarian, eh?
Definitely not a libertarian. More conservatroll cosplay.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Cynthia wrote:As a libertarian, I'm going to have to say that I agree with Lowrance's assessment that it constitutes a form of child abuse when drag queens dance in front of children in a way that is sexually suggestive. The majority of the time, I lean to the left, but this issue is pretty black and white. The practice of adult males dancing in front of infants and children is considered abusive to children. I would immediately contact the authorities and file a report if any of my family members, including my husband, my brother, or my eldest son, decided to dance in front of my other children in the same manner as the men in the videos that Lowrance had posted. A man's behavior does not become suddenly acceptable just because he is dressed up in a costume; this is especially true if the behavior is of a sexual nature when it is being performed in front of children.
Cynthia, have you ever looked up the definition of "libertarian"?

Libertarians live and let-live and say, "to each their own". A true libertarian doesn't judge, even when maybe they should. It's very unlikely that a true libertarian is going to rush to register on a forum in order to let everyone know they are ready to call the police on people who don't share their family moral values. There's all kinds of weird family situations. There are polygamists, religious communes, nudists, and even people who teach kids that if they do bad they are causing a nail to be driven into the hand of this effeminate guy with long hair from Galilee.
Cynthia
Nursery

Post by Cynthia »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:40 am
Cynthia wrote:As a libertarian, I'm going to have to say that I agree with Lowrance's assessment that it constitutes a form of child abuse when drag queens dance in front of children in a way that is sexually suggestive. The majority of the time, I lean to the left, but this issue is pretty black and white. The practice of adult males dancing in front of infants and children is considered abusive to children. I would immediately contact the authorities and file a report if any of my family members, including my husband, my brother, or my eldest son, decided to dance in front of my other children in the same manner as the men in the videos that Lowrance had posted. A man's behavior does not become suddenly acceptable just because he is dressed up in a costume; this is especially true if the behavior is of a sexual nature when it is being performed in front of children.
Cynthia, have you ever looked up the definition of "libertarian"?

Libertarians live and let-live and say, "to each their own". A true libertarian doesn't judge, even when maybe they should. It's very unlikely that a true libertarian is going to rush to register on a forum in order to let everyone know they are ready to call the police on people who don't share their family moral values. There's all kinds of weird family situations. There are polygamists, religious communes, nudists, and even people who teach kids that if they do bad they are causing a nail to be driven into the hand of this effeminate guy with long hair from Galilee.
Since libertarianism promotes nonviolence and interaction based on mutual consent, it should come as no surprise that children are unable to give their informed consent to anything. The videos I watched through the links provided are beyond my ability to describe how sickening they are. It is obvious that the children featured in the videos are unable to give their consent to being used sexually to entertain their parents.
Do you mean to imply that pedophilia should be tolerated by adherents of the libertarian philosophy?

It seems that Lowrance has a valid point. When do you think that the things that the drag queens are doing in the videos cross the line into being too sexual for children to be present? Would you consider it appropriate for a drag queen to perform in front of young children while wearing a dildo as part of their costume?