Dark Brandon Owning the MAGAs

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Dark Brandon Owning the MAGAs

Post by Vēritās »

Here is MTG blaming Biden for there being more opiod seizures at the border than there were under Trump: https://Twitter.com/iamgabesanchez/stat ... 83040?s=20

Apparently she doesn't understand this means Biden is more successful than Trump at stopping drugs from crossing the border.

Here is our President responding to MTG's claim that he personally killed two kids who died of fentanyl overdoses in June of 2020, basically pointing out that the drugs they took came across the border during Trump's presidency! Good God this woman is dumb! It is almost getting to the point where one could wonder if she is a Democrat plant just trying to make them look ridiculous.

Think about it. She recently called for a "national divorce" between Red and Blue states, basically calling for another Civil War, and she also said that if Democrats move to Red States that they shouldn't be able to vote. How is it possible that there are literally no requirements for our elected officials when it comes to upholding their oath to defend the constitution? These kinds of statements should be deemed immediately impeachable offenses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReEHjMwYUS0

I love it when he stands up against these idiots and tells the facts.

And as I pointed out in the State of the Union thread, a CATO study said more than 85% of all drug trafficking across the border is happening with legal US citizens, not illegal immigrants.
Last edited by Vēritās on Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Dark Brandon Owning the MAGAs

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:08 pm
… a CATO studied said more than 85% of all drug trafficking across the border is happening with legal US citizens …
Here’s the study in case anyone is interested:

https://www.cato.org/blog/fentanyl-smug ... um-seekers

The study omits data like the racial or ethnic make-up of these smugglers, and whether or not they’re naturalized citizens or second gen citizens of illegal immigrants and or naturalized citizens given mass amnesty.

And I think the Cato institute is pro-open borders:

https://www.cato.org/publications/comme ... en-borders

^ a compelling argument is made with regard to open borders

Whatever the case, it doesn't surprise me to see them manipulate how they present their statistics above. They have their agenda, which is libertarian.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

It's definitely important for Biden to counterattack the lies that Marge and her fascist friends constantly spew.

He should also be pointing out that these reactionary extremists will say anything in a given moment, regardless of whether it completely contradicts their prior statements. This was something they did before Trump and he's showed them that truth, logic, and consistency are of no import. They have no idea what they're talking about. They have no real governing philosophy.

All they have is a blind rage to slash and burn the bureaucracy, they have no idea what they'd replace it with. You can see it with the so-called Fair Tax Act which proposes to abolish the Internal Revenue Service and not replace it with any federal agency to ensure that states accurately collect taxes or send out rebates. Additionally there are some corporate entities and types of transactions that state revenue departments cannot legally tax. The bill is nothing but a pathetic fantasy.

These people are children who have been play-acting for decades about imaginary scenarios in which their most hated agencies magically disappear. They get paid by rich coots to lobby against long-standing laws like the 17th Amendment.

They have no idea what they are talking about, and because Democrats have not competed much with them in many rural jurisdictions, they can get away with it. Many, if not most elected Republicans are more interested in imposing their extreme ideologies on the nation than they are in serving their constituents.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:52 pm
Vēritās wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:08 pm
… a CATO studied said more than 85% of all drug trafficking across the border is happening with legal US citizens …
Here’s the study in case anyone is interested:

https://www.cato.org/blog/fentanyl-smug ... um-seekers

The study omits data like the racial or ethnic make-up of these smugglers, and whether or not they’re naturalized citizens or second gen citizens of illegal immigrants and or naturalized citizens given mass amnesty.

And I think the Cato institute is pro-open borders:

https://www.cato.org/publications/comme ... en-borders

^ a compelling argument is made with regard to open borders

Whatever the case, it doesn't surprise me to see them manipulate how they present their statistics above. They have their agenda, which is libertarian.

- Doc
Expenditure on the welfare state will contract because even if immigrants vote for welfare spending, existing residents will vote for less generous benefits when they believe these accrue to recent immigrants.
Do you really believe this part Doc? I mean, would you vote for less welfare spending if the borders were left not just effectively but formally and legally open? Somehow I just can't see many people currently voting Democrat choosing to vote for DeSantis or even John Kasich just because they think the latinos will be getting the welfare and not the blacks and lazy white trash.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Here we go. The guy who is totally not a Nazi anymore, just coincidentally jumps in whenever something peripherally touches on immigration or relates to minorities.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Xanax,

You didn’t read the entire article. I suggest you do that before asking asinine questions and then making asinine assertions.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:42 pm
Ajax18,

You didn’t read the entire article. I suggest you do that before asking asinine questions and then making asinine assertions.

- Doc
I'll take that as a no.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:32 pm
Do you really believe this part Doc? I mean, would you vote for less welfare spending if the borders were left not just effectively but formally and legally open? Somehow I just can't see many people currently voting Democrat choosing to vote for DeSantis or even John Kasich just because they think the latinos will be getting the welfare and not the blacks and lazy white trash.
Makes qualification only for white people. Because all "Latinos and Blacks" are presumed lazy.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

It often appears that ajax18 either is somehow oblivious to how frequently he reveals himself to be a hateful, racial bigot, or he actually thinks there is nothing inherently wrong with such bigotry.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:49 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:42 pm
Ajax18,

- Doc
I'll take that as a no.
Read the entire article, and then make a better post - then we can have a conversation. I refuse to play the ‘Ajax skims something, picks out a sentence, and then responds to that sentence with an off-the-wall screed’ game you play.

- Doc