"Performative misogyny is still misogyny."

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: "Performative misogyny is still misogyny."

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:02 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:30 pm
If I understand the platform correctly, I can register for an account and contribute articles that I write. I'd guess there is some kind of editorial process in place.
My wife had an account for a very brief time maybe about 8 years ago, so this information may be dated.

There's no editorial process to "publish" a story on your public page. It's basically like any other blog hosting platform. The goal (back then) was to have your story picked up and/or shared on a "publication" (there may be an editorial process for what "stories" end up getting shared on "publication" pages though, but that editorial process and/or decision making would be in the hands of whoever owned the "publication" more-so than Medium). Ultimately though, as long as what you are writing doesn't violate the TOS, you can "publish" just about whatever you want.

ETA: For fun, I just registered and published this rigorous piece of hard-hitting extremist feminist journalism on Medium.
I palindrome I. (Which is not a palindrome.)

Thanks for the information. I see that stories are divided into "members only" and available to anyone. I can view three free "members only" stories per month, but full access costs $5/month. No fee to publish.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:22 pm
I palindrome I. (Which is not a palindrome.)
Like a snake head eating a snake from the opposite side...

Going to be stuck in my head now. Not a bad thing.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:37 pm
Most of the videos and posts that openly call for the subjugation of women are never taken down. The same goes for accounts that post them.
I’m seeing a groundswell of Alt-Right conservatives calling for a repeal of the 19th Amendment. This falls in line with recent moves by the GOP to take control over female reproductivity, which arch-conservatives feel should be the domain of the familial patriach, whether it’s the father or husband.

Ultimately, these religio-fascists want to strip women of all rights and return voting power to either heads of households (since he’s responsible for his family) or property owners (not sure what that would look like in this 21st century political era). This is why online fascists are so keen to break up the Republic, they think they can set up their own ‘natural order of things’ state, whether it’s Deseret or a New Confederacy.

All their edge lord trolling has very serious roots in incredibly consequential outcomes for most people who don’t understand what their aims are.

- Doc
In a bit a timely timeliness:

https://news.yahoo.com/senate-gop-block ... .tsrc=1026

Tl;dc - GOP won’t enshrine equal rights for women in our Constitution. Again.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:53 pm
GOP won’t enshrine equal rights for women in our Constitution. Again.

- Doc
The GOP would be happy to rescind Women's Suffrage since most women vote Democratic.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace