More January 6 partisan Democrat FBI/congresional misconduct

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

More January 6 partisan Democrat FBI/congresional misconduct

Post by ajax18 »

Mysterious January 6 figure Ray Epps lied to the January 6 Committee about when he left the Capitol grounds on the day of the riot, Fox News’s Tucker Carlson argued Monday.

Carlson, releasing never seen video footage from January 6, 2021, alleged that Epps misled the January 6 Committee in a sworn testimony. Carlson claimed to have Epps’s text messages that he sent to a relative about leaving the Capitol grounds later than he disclosed to the committee.

“Under public pressure, the January 6 Committee finally interviewed Ray Epps. He told the committee he never entered the Capitol and therefore never committed a crime,” Carlson explained. “In text messages showed that at 2:12:00 PM, he boasted to his nephew that he had ‘orchestrated’ the protest at the Capitol.”

“He admitted he helped get people there,” Carlson said. “Tonight, we can tell you that at the very least Ray Epps lied in his sworn testimony to the January 6th Committee. Epps testified that when he sent the text messages to his nephew, he had already left the Capitol grounds to return to his hotel room. That is not true.”

“The surveillance footage we found that shows in fact Ray Epps remained at the Capitol for at least another half an hour,” Carlson said, allegedly displaying the video proof. “What was Epps doing? We cannot say, but we do know that he lied to investigators. The January 6 Committee likely knew this too. Democrats had access to the same tape, yet they defended Ray Epps.”

Tucker noted his video shows Epps encouraging protestors outside the Capitol Building to enter.

“We do know from the contemporaneous video that a mysterious figure called Ray Epps encouraged the crowd to go into the Capitol. For some reason Epps has never been indicted for that,” Carlson said. “There is no question he did it.”

Carlson has also released footage that allegedly debunks the Committee’s claim that Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) had run away from the Capitol in fear; that refuted allegations that Rep. Barry Loudermilk (R-GA) had guided some rioters on a reconnaissance tour; and that Democrats knew that Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick had not been murdered during the riot but mislead the public about his death.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023 ... t-capitol/
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Vēritās
God

Re: More January 6 partisan Democrat FBI/congresional misconduct

Post by Vēritās »

Carlson made a fool of himself with this stunt. Did he really think anyone with half a brain was going to buy into his BS?

Basically arguing that because there is footage of some people walking around and taking pictures, that this somehow negates all of the footage we had previously seen with our own eyes.

This, the guy who just revealed himself to be someone only interested in telling his idiot base what they want to hear in order to make money off of them. Yes, he literally said that.

The Department of Justice said that around 1,000 people had been arrested in connection with the January 6 attack, including more than 100 who were charged with using a deadly or dangerous weapon or causing serious bodily injury to an officer. But Carlson says "peaceful."
Last edited by Vēritās on Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:37 pm
“What was Epps doing? We cannot say, ..”
Well, I guess that Tucker just wasted a half hour on nothing.

He should probably take a look at what that Trump guy was doing. ; )
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

What exactly is "mysterious" about him, beyond the bonkers conspiracy theories?
“We do know from the contemporaneous video that a mysterious figure called Ray Epps encouraged the crowd to go into the Capitol."
Law enforcement body camera footage, and eye-witness testimony contradicts this.

Interesting to see Fox and Breitbart cannibalizing their own. Or is it that because the existing evidence appears to depict someone that has a functioning moral compass that he's no longer considered to be part of the flock?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Vēritās wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:49 pm
Carlson made a fool of himself with this stunt. Did he really think anyone with half a brain was going to buy into his BS?

Basically arguing that because there is footage of some people walking around and taking pictures, that this somehow negates all of the footage we had previously seen with our own eyes.

This, the guy who just revealed himself to be someone only interested in telling his idiot base what they want to hear in order to make money off of them. Yes, he literally said that.

C’mon, Veritas. Tucker just told everyone that he doesn’t know what Epps was doing or where he was. So, it’s obvious that thousands of MAGA fanbois and girls embarked on a multi-hour angry, destructive, pissy riot because of what Epps supposedly did that we don’t know about. In fact, nobody knows what Epps did, which just proves that he was responsible for making the MAGA crowd do entirely the wrong thing. It’s so obvious.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:37 pm
he boasted to his nephew that he had ‘orchestrated’ the protest at the Capitol.”
Ray Epps didn’t tell Congress he orchestrated the Jan. 6, 2021, attack. Here’s what he did say

Tucker lying for money again.
Last edited by Vēritās on Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://www.reddit.com/r/interestingasf ... t/jb97u0d/
Loud_Internet572

I worked for the US Capitol Police for a couple of years and let me tell you, this was something we always knew was going to happen sooner or later. You received training, but you never really gained any real police experience since the job only involved manning checkpoints for the most part. So your day to day simply involved standing at one door or another, maybe running a x-ray machine, etc.

I was assigned to the US Capitol building itself for my entire time there and not once did we ever have a lock down drill or any other sort of training to secure the building or to get people out. You were told more or less what to do, but there was never any actual scenario styled training - it was all a crap shoot. We were treated like absolute garbage by the vast majority of the members of Congress and their staff - we were basically glorified palace guards/security guards. Heaven forbid if you actually did your job and stopped one of them because you didn't recognize them.

Moral was a total joke and when I was there, the average life expectancy of an officer was maybe 18 months or less. People got hired, got some federal training and status, and then moved on to a better agency. I had a graduating class of around 40 officers and within the first year, almost half of them quit and went to other agencies - it was that bad. In our little locker room, we used to write the names and ID numbers of all the people who left on the wall to show how many people had quit.

I routinely had to work 12-18 hour days (as did others) because they were always holding over previous shifts because some foreign dignitary or other guest was visiting. Their response was to throw bodies at it instead of trying to be efficient. Management was a joke since they simply tended to be the people who had stuck around long term and gotten the positions as a result - they were just as clueless as the rest of us on what to do during an actual emergency. Their day was basically walking around checking on our posts to make sure we weren't on our phones, had our stupid hats on, didn't have drinks at our posts, etc. They tried to give me one of the highest written reprimands once because I was outside on the terrace before my shift getting some air and didn't have my hat on. Only reason why I didn't was because I got the union involved and I was seen as one of the better people.

There is so much more, but what I'm basically hinting at is that the vast majority of that department hates it and is actively looking to leave. More than once our conversations hinted at none of us being willing to take a bullet or suffer any other injury for any of the Congressman or their staffs because of how we were treated. That coupled with a lack of training and experience set up a perfect storm which was unfurled on January 6th. Frankly, what surprises me the most is that more of the officers just didn't unload on the protesters. I think it was more of a genuine shock and not knowing what to do that prevented that event from turning into a mass LE involved shooting and bloodbath.

So with all of that being said, I can absolutely totally understand why anyone inside that building at the time would have resorted to simply standing by or even showing those people around since it was common practice to show tourists where to go anyway. I'm willing to bet that radio communication was a complete and total shambles and not every unit in the building used the same channel. So chances are that by time people were actually inside the building, they may have just assumed everyone was let in, etc. Even if not, it was probably seen as the safer thing to do by simply playing along with those people instead of being a lone officer trying to do the right thing. Even if someone had grabbed a protester and cuffed them, then what? There was nowhere to take them as we had no holding facility, no one to support them with the arrest, etc. I probably would have done the same damned thing in the interest of self preservation to be honest.

I haven't kept in touch with people I worked with, but I can only imagine what the immediate turnover must have been like immediately afterwards. I also half imagine a few people simply ducked out one of the doors on the other sides or took off down the tunnels underneath to get out of the area. All in all, it really was a miracle that it didn't end up a much worse situation than it was and more people weren't injured or killed.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Which one is Epps?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Epps entire transcript has been published. https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/GPO ... 038864.pdf Epps is not a "mysterious figure." He's a guy who tried to encourage people who went to DC to peacefully protest at the Capitol, confronting people who were advocating violence because is both against violence and because he thought that those people might be antifa provocateurs. He sent a text to his nephew because he thought he had helped accomplish a peaceful protest at the Capitol. Based on the language of the text, he concluded he "must have" been on his way back to the hotel when he sent it.

At most, Epps was wrong about his "must have" conclusion. For Tucker to isolate that as proof he was "lying" is his testimony is disgusting. Epps and his family have been harassed and persecuted because of a totally fabricated conspiracy theory that he was a law enforcement plant who was trying to incite violence. In the film clips, he is arguing against those who were inciting violence.

Remember, McCarthy gave Tucker Carson -- and only Tucker Carlson -- all the footage from the investigation. Tucker is using out of context snippets of information to slander a former Marine and, at that time, Trump supporter, who went to D.C. to protest and promoted a peaceful protest at the Capitol.

Tucker is a complete dishonest scumbag. Period.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Vēritās wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:49 pm

The Department of Justice said that around 1,000 people had been arrested in connection with the January 6 attack, including more than 100 who were charged with using a deadly or dangerous weapon or causing serious bodily injury to an officer. But Carlson says "peaceful."
Ray Epps was an FBI plant who is guilty of entrapment and inciting a riot. This is why he was never charged even though he was caught on tape encouraging the protesters to enter the capital. This isn't the first time in the 2020 election cycle that the partisan Democrat FBI has been found guilty of entrapment. FBI agents entrapped the idiot right wingers who were planning to kidnap Gretchen Whitmer.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.