More January 6 partisan Democrat FBI/congresional misconduct

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: More January 6 partisan Democrat FBI/congresional misconduct

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:41 pm
ajax is another one whose motivation for posting here I can't figure out. Who on Earth does he think he's fooling?

I mean, he's only fooling himself. And maybe that's enough for him.

It's quite clear he's either insane, irredeemably stupid, a pathological liar, or a combination of the three.

But I'll also pay him a compliment. He's consistent... consistently insane, irredeemably stupid, and a pathological liar.
But he may be a good optometrist, despite his apparent blindness pertaining to nearly anything other than optometry. From what I've seen of his posts, he seems to be quite knowledgeable and rational when it comes to comes to eye care.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:52 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:41 pm
ajax is another one whose motivation for posting here I can't figure out. Who on Earth does he think he's fooling?

I mean, he's only fooling himself. And maybe that's enough for him.

It's quite clear he's either insane, irredeemably stupid, a pathological liar, or a combination of the three.

But I'll also pay him a compliment. He's consistent... consistently insane, irredeemably stupid, and a pathological liar.
But he may be a good optometrist, despite his apparent blindness pertaining to nearly anything other than optometry. From what I've seen of his posts, he seems to be quite knowledgeable and rational when it comes to comes to eye care.
And that illustrates the problem of slapping simplistic labels on him, as if that somehow defines him. Conspiracy theories are seductive because (1) you get the feeling of superiority that comes with having "special knowledge," (2) you get to justify your feelings of anger and resentment; and (3) every piece of evidence you are confronted with confirms what you already believe. Once you're sucked in, its easy peasy to sustain because there is no cognitive dissonance when confronted with contrary evidence. Once you convince yourself of the existence of a conspiracy with near god-like powers, you can invoke it to explain everything.

Hmmm, that reminds me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

These are all actions and events related to Trump known before the Jan. 6 committee even held its first hearings:

- Trump tried to extort the country of Ukraine for political dirt on Biden. He was impeached over it, and his action to withhold military aid factored heavily in Russia’s invasion causing untold suffering

- He tried to weaponize COVID-19 politically by waging a war on mail-in ballots, which he knew would favor Democrats.

- Him and DeJoy tried to manipulate the USPS

- Systematically and intentionally promoted The Big Lie that the election was stolen, which tens of millions of people have come to believe.

- Tried to get electors to illegally cast their votes.

- Him, his lawyers, and allies filed 60+ ridiculous lawsuits for lower courts to overturn the election (with zero evidence), oftentimes not even arguing there was fraud in court, yet claiming it in public.

- Supported an absolutely absurd case for the Supreme Court to overturn the election (with zero evidence).

- Summoned Michigan GOP members to attempt to subvert election results.

- He undoubtedly provoked his AG's resignation a few weeks after the election, who soon-before felt compelled to announce there was "No widespread fraud."

- Attended a meeting which floated martial law.

- Told election officials to "stop counting"

- Suggested the military should force states to rehold elections.

- Tried to get the VP to illegally name him President.

- Called the PA Speaker of the House in an attempt to overturn the results.

- Pressured Governor Brian Kemp to push the state legislature to overturn the election.

- Threatened the GA Secretary of State with legal consequences if he did not find enough votes to overturn the election.

- Tried to get an insane conspiracy theorist to lead a special counsel.

- Defied and fired his own election security officials.

- Purged key Pentagon positions after the election.

- Ordered the Pentagon to stop working with Biden's transition team

- Had a draft declaration which instructed the military to seize ballots.

- Directly told the DOJ to lie about the election. "Just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen"

- Pressured the DOJ to file a lawsuit to the Supreme Court to nullify the election.

- Plotted the logistics of overturning the election with White House staff.

- Plotted the logistics of overturning the election with his lawyer, John Eastman. A federal judge, after seeing the evidence, has now suggested multiple times both Trump and Eastman's efforts "more likely than not" constitute felonies.

- Incited a violent insurrection on U.S. Capitol to stop the certification of Joe Biden.

AFTER the attack happened, the same night - 147 Republican lawmakers returned to the broken-glass halls of the Capitol and still voted to overturn the election. Most of them remain in Congress today.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-lawy ... s-a13b3572
Trump Lawyer Jenna Ellis Disciplined After Admitting to Election Falsehoods

Campaign attorney admitted to making 10 misrepresentations, including that the 2020 election was stolen
In a six-page opinion handed down on Wednesday, a Colorado judge who hears ethics complaints against lawyers said he was imposing a public censure of Ms. Ellis, effective immediately.

Ms. Ellis “repeatedly made misrepresentations on national television and on Twitter, undermining the American public’s confidence in the 2020 presidential election,” said Judge Bryon M. Large, the Colorado Supreme Court’s presiding disciplinary judge.

As part of a stipulated agreement, Ms. Ellis admitted to making 10 misrepresentations, including that “the election was stolen and Trump won by a landslide,” that “we have over 500,000 votes [in Arizona] that were cast illegally,” and that “Hillary Clinton still has not conceded the 2016 election.”
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:59 pm
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-lawy ... s-a13b3572
Trump Lawyer Jenna Ellis Disciplined After Admitting to Election Falsehoods

Campaign attorney admitted to making 10 misrepresentations, including that the 2020 election was stolen
In a six-page opinion handed down on Wednesday, a Colorado judge who hears ethics complaints against lawyers said he was imposing a public censure of Ms. Ellis, effective immediately.

Ms. Ellis “repeatedly made misrepresentations on national television and on Twitter, undermining the American public’s confidence in the 2020 presidential election,” said Judge Bryon M. Large, the Colorado Supreme Court’s presiding disciplinary judge.

As part of a stipulated agreement, Ms. Ellis admitted to making 10 misrepresentations, including that “the election was stolen and Trump won by a landslide,” that “we have over 500,000 votes [in Arizona] that were cast illegally,” and that “Hillary Clinton still has not conceded the 2016 election.”
And then went on Twitter claiming that she hadn’t lied.
he/him

Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:10 pm
The deep state can censure, but cannot silence.

In a fine bit of irony: In the discipline opinion, some of the misrepresentations that she admitted to were made on... Twitter.

One thing that kind of confuses me is that it seems that the only reason it wasn't a harsher discipline was because the misrepresentations weren't directed to her client (page 5 of the opinion). If I am understanding that correctly, it implies that this is yet another official finding that Trump also knew that it was all nonsense too, no?

ETA: PDF Link
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:38 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:10 pm

The deep state can censure, but cannot silence.

In a fine bit of irony: In the discipline opinion, some of the misrepresentations that she admitted to were made on... Twitter.

One thing that kind of confuses me is that it seems that the only reason it wasn't a harsher discipline was because the misrepresentations weren't directed to her client (page 5 of the opinion). If I am understanding that correctly, it implies that this is yet another official finding that Trump also knew that it was all nonsense too, no?

ETA: PDF Link
I see your reasoning, but I don’t think the opinion supports that conclusion. The basis of the complaint is what she said publicly. The Court can only act on the evidence presented to it, and Trump didn’t file a bar complaint against her. There could be lots of reasons why he didn’t, including that she may know where some bodies are buried.
he/him

Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Gunnar wrote:
But he may be a good optometrist, despite his apparent blindness pertaining to nearly anything other than optometry.
He could be all kinds of things we aren't aware of because all we know about him is the insanity he posts on this board. If he's not a complete moron, he has yet to show it here.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:20 pm
Gunnar wrote:
But he may be a good optometrist, despite his apparent blindness pertaining to nearly anything other than optometry.
He could be all kinds of things we aren't aware of because all we know about him is the insanity he posts on this board. If he's not a complete moron, he has yet to show it here.
No argument with that!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Mehdi Hasan's segment breaks down the lab leak theory and explains what it is and isn't. He goes through its origins and shows how the Right has changed the way they've been presenting it. It was originally a bioweapon created in a lab and intentionally released. I brought this up to Ajax before but he denies it. Hasan documents their long trend of calling it a bioweapon intentionally "created" in a lab and intentionally "released."

The latest conclusion by two of 8 intelligence agencies, stated with "low confidence" is that the virus probably escaped from a lab.

Not that it was created in a lab, or that it was engineered as a weapon, or that it was intentionally released.

Here is Hasan showing Tucker Carlson flat out lying several times in just one breath.

https://youtu.be/EHACkULrga8?t=556

"Don't gaslight us and tell us this was never about bioweapons and it was only about gain of function research."
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18