More January 6 partisan Democrat FBI/congresional misconduct

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: More January 6 partisan Democrat FBI/congresional misconduct

Post by Res Ipsa »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:26 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:50 pm
Ray Epps is caught on tape urging other protesters to enter the capitol.
Did you forget to post a link to this supposed occurrence, or are you just totally making that up for fun?

ajax18 wrote:
And we've heard some of the things you call "conspiracy theories," before, like the idea that COVID came from a Chinese lab …
Let’s say, for a moment, that we knew for certain that it did. Does that make you more patriotic to then tell yourself that the Chinese are for sure trying to kill Americans, so you’ll definitely decide to bitch about masks, and raise a stink about social distancing even more?

What am I missing, here?
Having read the Epps transcript, I have no quibbles about Ajax's description except for his deceptive omission of context. THat's what happens when one simply regurgitates whatever Breitbart publishes, accepting it as gospel. The night before the protest, Epps was recorded arguing with pro-Trump protestors who were advocating violence. He was arguing that people should go to the Capitol peacefully, and not commit acts of violence. He did urge them to in to the Capitol, but was assuming that the Capitol would be open on a weekday, just as buildings were in his home state of Arizona at the time.

To my knowledge, there is no evidence that, once he arrived at the Capitol and learned it was not open, that he urged people to break in and enter. As Dr. Steuss mentioned, there is footage taken during the protest of Epps trying to stop people from taking violent action.

To try and scapegoat him is despicable.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:39 pm
canpakes wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:26 pm
Did you forget to post a link to this supposed occurrence, or are you just totally making that up for fun?
Having read the Epps transcript, I have no quibbles about Ajax's description except for his deceptive omission of context. THat's what happens when one simply regurgitates whatever Breitbart publishes, accepting it as gospel. The night before the protest, Epps was recorded arguing with pro-Trump protestors who were advocating violence. He was arguing that people should go to the Capitol peacefully, and not commit acts of violence. He did urge them to in to the Capitol, but was assuming that the Capitol would be open on a weekday, just as buildings were in his home state of Arizona at the time.

To my knowledge, there is no evidence that, once he arrived at the Capitol and learned it was not open, that he urged people to break in and enter. As Dr. Steuss mentioned, there is footage taken during the protest of Epps trying to stop people from taking violent action.

To try and scapegoat him is despicable.
Barring any input from ajax, then, I’m going to have to go with, “just made that up”.

I’m still super-curious about the second question, though -
Let’s say, for a moment, that we knew for certain that it did. Does that make you more patriotic to then tell yourself that the Chinese are for sure trying to kill Americans, so you’ll definitely decide to bitch about masks, and raise a stink about social distancing even more?
I’ll wait.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

He was also giving credibility to then circulating conspiracy theories based on what he admitted was no evidence.
conspiracy theories that turned out to be true, but at the time you still believe it was proper to suspend the first amendment and censor them?

What's amazing about Tucker Carlson's show last night is what Schumer and the deep state are saying is disinformation is just unaltered video evidence, evidence they had the entire time they did this grandstanding political theatre in conjunction with their "objective" wing known as CNN. They selectively edited and omitted important facts that they knew cut against their narrative. The American people only saw what the left allowed them to see about January 6. This exculpatory evidence has been denied the nonviolent defendants who remain in the American gulag without bail and denied their consitutional right to a trial by jury. Viking horn man, the face of the armed and deadly "insurrection" was led by police into the building. One man passed nine police officers, officers so fearful of their lives that nine officers to one man was considered outnumbered. Viking horn man is now serving 41 months in prison for being led unarmed into the capital and giving a speech in which he thanks the police for giving him the platform. Convicted rapists get less time than that in most states. Officer Brian Sicknick, who the Jan 6 committee, said was killed by protesters hitting his helmet protected head with a fire extinguisher, was up healthy and running around after this so called deadly event. This fact was also redacted by the left wing media and if they had their way would still be hidden from voters. The reality is that the only person shot was Ashleigh Babbit and the only other deaths were protesters who were trampled. This wasn't a deadly insurrection. It certainly wasn't an armed insurrection as the left has claimed for years now. But what Tucker did was so wrong because we can't allow the American people to see all the evidence and draw their own conclusion. We have to doctor that video so that it supports the left wing narrative and that is all the American people should be allowed to see. This partisan control of information is what I'm talking about when I say election fraud. The Hunter Biden laptop that 50 lying intelligence officers testified was Russian disinformation, when in fact Hunter's own lawyers now admit was his by contending that the laptop's contents were published without his permission. (tough Hunter, how do you like the leaks now?) The Twitter files and suppression of facts that support right wing narratives. When you can legally get away with suppressing and censoring information to protect yourself politically, that is what has destroyed our democracy because you're controlling what the voters think based on what you allow them to know.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:56 am
This wasn't a deadly insurrection. It certainly wasn't an armed insurrection as the left has claimed for years now.
Meanwhile, back in reality …

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:56 am
He was also giving credibility to then circulating conspiracy theories based on what he admitted was no evidence.
conspiracy theories that turned out to be true, but at the time you still believe it was proper to suspend the first amendment and censor them?

What's amazing about Tucker Carlson's show last night is what Schumer and the deep state are saying is disinformation is just unaltered video evidence, evidence they had the entire time they did this grandstanding political theatre in conjunction with their "objective" wing known as CNN. They selectively edited and omitted important facts that they knew cut against their narrative. The American people only saw what the left allowed them to see about January 6. This exculpatory evidence has been denied the nonviolent defendants who remain in the American gulag without bail and denied their consitutional right to a trial by jury. Viking horn man, the face of the armed and deadly "insurrection" was led by police into the building. One man passed nine police officers, officers so fearful of their lives that nine officers to one man was considered outnumbered. Viking horn man is now serving 41 months in prison for being led unarmed into the capital and giving a speech in which he thanks the police for giving him the platform. Convicted rapists get less time than that in most states. Officer Brian Sicknick, who the Jan 6 committee, said was killed by protesters hitting his helmet protected head with a fire extinguisher, was up healthy and running around after this so called deadly event. This fact was also redacted by the left wing media and if they had their way would still be hidden from voters. The reality is that the only person shot was Ashleigh Babbit and the only other deaths were protesters who were trampled. This wasn't a deadly insurrection. It certainly wasn't an armed insurrection as the left has claimed for years now. But what Tucker did was so wrong because we can't allow the American people to see all the evidence and draw their own conclusion. We have to doctor that video so that it supports the left wing narrative and that is all the American people should be allowed to see. This partisan control of information is what I'm talking about when I say election fraud. The Hunter Biden laptop that 50 lying intelligence officers testified was Russian disinformation, when in fact Hunter's own lawyers now admit was his by contending that the laptop's contents were published without his permission. (tough Hunter, how do you like the leaks now?) The Twitter files and suppression of facts that support right wing narratives. When you can legally get away with suppressing and censoring information to protect yourself politically, that is what has destroyed our democracy because you're controlling what the voters think based on what you allow them to know.
LOL. Tucker Carlson, maestro of disinformation, shows you his personally cherry-picked selection of videos, omitting all the violence that you’ve already seen in video clips, and you want to talk about disinformation. You’ve gone full blown Poe. Nicely done.

You can’t link to a single post of mine that supports suspending the first amendment. You’ve completely lost the ability to tell facts from fiction. Good luck with that.
he/him

Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

The logic here is beyond stupid. Imagine someone coming up with video footage of Adolf Hitler having a calm dinner miles away from Auschwitz and then say, "See, this is proof he was a peaceful man!" You have to wonder sometimes if being Conservative today is a mental disorder.

But the hypocrisy is just astounding. Tucker and Ajax both have made much ado about the fringe violence during the BLM protests. Never once did they say, "hey this is just a tiny fraction... the majority were peaceful." That's because they're black people, and ajax has made it clear he believes black people are inherently violent and morally inferior as a race.

But seriously, you just can't make this crap up. Days after a bombshell report reveals Tucker's private emails and texts proving he willingly lies for his audience because all he cares about is the money, we're supposed to believe this guy is suddenly honest when it comes to handling video footage that only he has? The only person with an incentive here to lie about the footage is Tucker, because for months and months he pushed bogus conspiracy theories about Epps and now he's trying to clear himself on that faceplant. He failed miserably.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:20 am
You can’t link to a single post of mine that supports suspending the first amendment. You’ve completely lost the ability to tell facts from fiction. Good luck with that.
This isn't a first amendment thing. The first amendment doesn't offer protection from defamation and libel.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Tucker's argument in video

Marlon Wayans, a black guy sure to drive ajax nuts.

"We never saw the footage of the 9/11 planes taking off either."
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:15 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:20 am
This isn't a first amendment thing. The first amendment doesn't offer protection from defamation and libel.
I think Ajax’s claim that I supported suspending the first amendment was about Tom Cotton’s lab release claim in Feb. 2020, not Fox News. Granted, when he’s off on a Gish Gallop, it’s hard to tell sometimes exactly what he’s raving about. But it’s a flat out lie that I ever supported suspending the first amendment. Truth be told, Ajax praised me for my reaction to the Intercept’s scoop on the two alleged “gain of function” studies. That he’s turned to flat out lying about things I’ve said is certainly disappointing.
he/him

Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

ajax18 wrote:
Ray Epps is caught on tape urging other protesters to enter the capitol.
Trump was caught on tape ginning up this entire insurrection. Thousands of his followers bearing the Trump, Confederate, and Nazi flags participated.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace