More January 6 partisan Democrat FBI/congresional misconduct

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: More January 6 partisan Democrat FBI/congresional misconduct

Post by ajax18 »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:10 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:06 pm

So why didn't Christopher Wray just answer Seantor Cruz's question and say, "No, Ray Epps was not an FBI asset." That would have cleared it up. But instead he chose to circle the wagons and defend what has become a corrupt partisan institution because he feels it is his job to cover for them.
Because Cruz is a dishonest sack of crap who would sell his mother to a slaver if he thought it would help him get elected? I wouldn’t give Cruz any information about FBI intelligence assets unless I were legally required to do so.
Yeah, that's what you said about Cotton at the beginning of the scamdemic when called out the deep state's financial partner the CCP.

The lying sack of crap is Anthony Fauci who likely helped put American tax dollars to funding gain of function research and then censored anyone who pointed it out.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Not that Xanax would ever take two minutes out of his day to read an article about the how and why behind GoFR, but here is a primer anyway:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gain-of ... n_research

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:50 pm
And we've heard some of the things you call "conspiracy theories," before, like the idea that COVID came from a Chinese lab conducting gain of function research.
You're doing what you always do which is to misrepresent the history of GOP strikeouts in order to recreate all sorts of homeruns that never happened.
It wasn't someone eating a bat in the wetmarket. It was a manmade virus.
With a confidence level of "Low" according to only two of the six intelligence organizations. But this doesn't mean it had to have been made in a lab. The recent news about the FBI's conclusion with "low confidence" is about whether it escaped from a lab, not whether or not it was created in a lab.
If anyone proposed this on social media they were promptly banned two years ago.
That is a lie. I was thoroughly involved in those debates on Twitter, Facebook and several online forums and the worst case scenario involved removed links to a bogus conspiracy theories about how China created it as a weapon. I don't know of anyone who was banned at all, let alone "promptly." From the very beginning even Fauci said it could very well be the case that it escaped somehow from a lab, but that isn't a conclusion you just jump to for political reasons.
How can it be a conspiracy theory when it turns out to be true?
It hasn't "turned out to be true." But you probably knew that. You read nothing that isn't FOX or Brietbart BS.
It's a shame it took Democrats 3 years to admit this but they finally did.
Another lie.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:55 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:10 pm

Because Cruz is a dishonest sack of crap who would sell his mother to a slaver if he thought it would help him get elected? I wouldn’t give Cruz any information about FBI intelligence assets unless I were legally required to do so.
Yeah, that's what you said about Cotton at the beginning of the scamdemic when called out the deep state's financial partner the CCP.

The lying sack of crap is Anthony Fauci who likely helped put American tax dollars to funding gain of function research and then censored anyone who pointed it out.
Oooo. Deflection. Not up for a game of "squirrel" today.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
He's a guy who tried to encourage people who went to DC to peacefully protest at the Capitol,
Ray Epps is caught on tape urging other protesters to enter the capitol. The fact that he was never arrested for it while people who were only guilty of walking around at the capitol have been imprisoned without trial for two years or more is strong evidence that he was working with the feds. That's why the protesters initially shouted, "Fed, Fed," when Ray Epps urged them to enter the capitol building. But even more convincing is Christopher Wray refusing to answer under oath whether or not Ray Epps was a federal undercover agent is even more convincing. This is just another case of Obama sufficiently hijacking a once nonpartisan political institution into a weapon to be wielded against his political opponents.

And we've heard some of the things you call "conspiracy theories," before, like the idea that COVID came from a Chinese lab conducting gain of function research. It wasn't someone eating a bat in the wetmarket. It was a manmade virus. If anyone proposed this on social media they were promptly banned two years ago. How can it be a conspiracy theory when it turns out to be true? It's a shame it took Democrats 3 years to admit this but they finally did.
More squirreling. And false claims. Color me surprised.
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:41 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:55 pm

ETA: That doesn't sound right. I've generally thought of Cotton as an idiot rather than a mendacious sack of crap. Do you have a link by any chance?
he/him

ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:39 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:41 pm

ETA: That doesn't sound right. I've generally thought of Cotton as an idiot rather than a mendacious sack of crap. Do you have a link by any chance?
You said at the time that because it was Cotton, you suspected he was just trying to stick it to China and you didn't believe his claims of China lying about the origins of the virus or covering up the fact that it came from a lab funded by Dr. Fauci to do gain of function research.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:52 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:

You said at the time that because it was Cotton, you suspected he was just trying to stick it to China and you didn't believe his claims of China lying about the origins of the virus or covering up the fact that it came from a lab funded by Dr. Fauci to do gain of function research.
I did find it interesting that Chinese GoFR utilized a dihydrogen monoxide formula to alter the virus, and sure as crap it got out and was able find ingress into our immune systems so easily.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:52 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:

Link? I searched my posts for "cotton" "lab" "leak" and "wuhan" and couldn't find it. It is true, however, that I have a very low opinion of Cotton. My recollection is, at the time Cotton first made claims about China, he admitted they were not based on any evidence.

On the larger question, the two papers discussed in this Twitter thread by one of the authors provide very strong evidence that the origin was zoonotic transmission in the Market, not a lab leak. https://Twitter.com/angie_rasmussen/sta ... 6580824070

ETA: Tom Cotton made his original statement in February 2020, very early in the pandemic, before right wingers were making accusations against Fauci and throwing around the term "gain of function," so you're conflating a whole bunch of different things that happened at different times. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/17/busi ... china.html At the time, conspiracy theories were circulating that China had developed and intentionally released COVID-19 as a bioweapon. It was in this context, that Cotton said this to the media:
“We don’t have evidence that this disease originated there,” the senator said, “but because of China’s duplicity and dishonesty from the beginning, we need to at least ask the question to see what the evidence says, and China right now is not giving evidence on that question at all.”
So, given the time, the context, and the statement, I would say today that, given his admission of no evidence, Cotton was simply grandstanding to attack China. He was also giving credibility to then circulating conspiracy theories based on what he admitted was no evidence.
he/him

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Ray Epps is caught on tape urging other protesters to enter the capitol.
Did you forget to post a link to this supposed occurrence, or are you just totally making that up for fun?

ajax18 wrote:
And we've heard some of the things you call "conspiracy theories," before, like the idea that COVID came from a Chinese lab …
Let’s say, for a moment, that we knew for certain that it did. Does that make you more patriotic to then tell yourself that the Chinese are for sure trying to kill Americans, so you’ll definitely decide to bitch about masks, and raise a stink about social distancing even more?

What am I missing, here?