More January 6 partisan Democrat FBI/congresional misconduct

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: More January 6 partisan Democrat FBI/congresional misconduct

Post by Res Ipsa »

Vēritās wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:50 am
Mehdi Hasan's segment breaks down the lab leak theory and explains what it is and isn't. He goes through its origins and shows how the Right has changed the way they've been presenting it. It was originally a bioweapon created in a lab and intentionally released. I brought this up to Ajax before but he denies it. Hasan documents their long trend of calling it a bioweapon intentionally "created" in a lab and intentionally "released."

The latest conclusion by two of 8 intelligence agencies, stated with "low confidence" is that the virus probably escaped from a lab.

Not that it was created in a lab, or that it was engineered as a weapon, or that it was intentionally released.

Here is Hasan showing Tucker Carlson flat out lying several times in just one breath.

https://youtu.be/EHACkULrga8?t=556

"Don't gaslight us and tell us this was never about bioweapons and it was only about gain of function research."
That’s sure the way I remember it. Early on it was all about a man-made bio-weapon. In fact, the first version I heard was that it was a US bio weapon that, through complex set of steps I don’t remember, ended up being deliberately released by the Chinese government. The first time I recall hearing the term “gain of function” was when Rand Paul was trying to pin the creation and release of the virus on Fauci.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

In the category of you can’t make these things up, there is evidence that the origin of Sydney Powell’s and Fox News’s crazy Big lie claims came from an e-mail from a rando that is bat crap crazy. https://www.thedailybeast.com/meet-the- ... aud-claims
he/him

Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

These hearings are really beginning to backfire bigtime for the GOP. I mean hell Jesse Watters on FOX News is already pitching fits about how there are no "bombshells" being revealed. Jim Jordan keeps making an ass of himself by referring to non-existent "whistleblowers" who turn out to be nothing more than Trump crackpots working for the FBI who were paid to assert unsupported nonsense! Setting that aside they still don't meet the definition of "whistleblower." This reminds me of how the GOP started an entire media narrative about a stolen election based on "hundreds of signed affidavits" from a bunch of Trump sycophants who alleged they saw shadiness and "irregularities" somewhere, but when pressed couldn't actually produce any evidence of illegal voting.

Oh, and the entire premise of their complain about freedom of speech ignores the obvious fact that it does not apply to private entities like Twitter, and Twitter whining is all they've done. While ignoring revelations that only the Trump administration tried to get people banned from Twitter.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:26 am
In the category of you can’t make these things up, there is evidence that the origin of Sydney Powell’s and Fox News’s crazy Big lie claims came from an e-mail from a rando that is bat crap crazy. https://www.thedailybeast.com/meet-the- ... aud-claims
Reason #3,450 as to why FOX is not a legitimate news outlet. It literally conjures up news narratives from wherever it can.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Vēritās wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:42 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:26 am
Reason #3,450 as to why FOX is not a legitimate news outlet. It literally conjures up news narratives from wherever it can.
Yeah, I get that.

What fascinates me is that I’ve always wondered where Powell got her bat-crap crazy ideas from, but never dreamed I’d find out. And I never imagined it could be this absurd. A woman sends an e-mail to Powell, Lou Dobbs, and a conservative activist. Within an hour, Powell forwards the e-mail to the host of an opinion show on Fox. And from then on, Powell and certain hosts of Fox Shows run with the conspiracy theory presented in an e-mail from a rando that they all agree today was nutty squirrel on its face. Even Fox executives agree.

Like other cable channels, Fox has a news side and an opinion side. This evidence clearly shows there were no adults in charge of the opinion side. None of the folks up the chain of command appear to have been aware of the actual source of the Dominion conspiracy nonsense. Apparently, there was no interest at all in accuracy on the opinion side. In fact, discovery in the case shows resentment and irritation on the opinion side directed at the news side because the latter wouldn’t get on board with narrative pushed by the opinion side.

Ironically, Fox’s conservative allies are pushing for laws making it easier to sue for defamation. That would be the death knell for Fox and most of the right wing media.
he/him

Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:28 pm
Ironically, Fox’s conservative allies are pushing for laws making it easier to sue for defamation.
Seriously? That would be amazing.

It really boggles the mind how any regular person could go to jail for defamation but when it comes to "news" the standard is so high as to almost make it impossible for any legal repercussions. If someone wants to defame someone and get away with it apparently all they need to do is start an LLC "News" organization. At that point "malicious intent" would need to be proved, which is damn near impossible short of any leaked personal emails/texts.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:13 am
Vēritās wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:50 am
Mehdi Hasan's segment breaks down the lab leak theory and explains what it is and isn't. He goes through its origins and shows how the Right has changed the way they've been presenting it. It was originally a bioweapon created in a lab and intentionally released. I brought this up to Ajax before but he denies it. Hasan documents their long trend of calling it a bioweapon intentionally "created" in a lab and intentionally "released."

The latest conclusion by two of 8 intelligence agencies, stated with "low confidence" is that the virus probably escaped from a lab.

Not that it was created in a lab, or that it was engineered as a weapon, or that it was intentionally released.

Here is Hasan showing Tucker Carlson flat out lying several times in just one breath.

https://youtu.be/EHACkULrga8?t=556

"Don't gaslight us and tell us this was never about bioweapons and it was only about gain of function research."
That’s sure the way I remember it. Early on it was all about a man-made bio-weapon. In fact, the first version I heard was that it was a US bio weapon that, through complex set of steps I don’t remember, ended up being deliberately released by the Chinese government. The first time I recall hearing the term “gain of function” was when Rand Paul was trying to pin the creation and release of the virus on Fauci.
Even if it were just a leak, China was lying about the origins of the virus the entire time. And Fauci was also lying about the US funding gain of function research. Even if any of what Hassan says is true, a private citizens investigating and speaking about the possibility of this being a lab leak or even a bioweapon should be protected under the 1st amendment. You don't get to censor people for calling it what it was, "The Chinese Virus," by playing the race card.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:48 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:13 am

Even if it were just a leak, China was lying about the origins of the virus the entire time. And Fauci was also lying about the US funding gain of function research. Even if any of what Hassan says is true, a private citizens investigating and speaking about the possibility of this being a lab leak or even a bioweapon should be protected under the 1st amendment. You don't get to censor people for calling it what it was, "The Chinese Virus," by playing the race card.
No.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -research/
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:34 pm
Moksha wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:13 pm
Sen. Mitch McConnell went on record saying that the Fox/Tucker Carlson claim, that the January 6th Insurrection was just a peaceful tour of the Capitol, was BS. Fox is not speaking for Earth Prime, it is offering a fictional view of the news which corresponds to Rupert Murdoch deceiving his viewers.
Of course Mitch did. He's part of the deep state as well. Why do you think Democrats never question how much money he's been making from China along with his family ties to the CCP.
Speaking of making money from China. Remember when Trump bragged about making money from China's largest state-owned bank?

Womp womp
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:34 pm
Moksha wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:13 pm
Sen. Mitch McConnell went on record saying that the Fox/Tucker Carlson claim, that the January 6th Insurrection was just a peaceful tour of the Capitol, was BS. Fox is not speaking for Earth Prime, it is offering a fictional view of the news which corresponds to Rupert Murdoch deceiving his viewers.
Of course Mitch did. He's part of the deep state as well. Why do you think Democrats never question how much money he's been making from China along with his family ties to the CCP.
Seriously, ajax. This isn’t a concern of yours. If it was, you’d have sworn off Trump merch long ago.

Only 15% of the products in the Trump store are made in the US

There are 268 items for sale on the Trump Organization’s online store. Of those, 41 are made in the USA and listed in a separate section highlighting US goods. That means American products make up exactly 15.298507462686567% of the Trump Store’s available merchandise.

During an April 2017 visit to the Snap-on-Tools headquarters in Kenosha, Wisconsin, president Donald Trump signed his so-called “Buy American and Hire American” executive order for US government agencies.

“With this action we are sending a powerful signal to the world,” the president announced. “We are going to defend our workers, protect our jobs, and finally put America first.”

The 41 US-made offerings in Trump’s web shop are denoted by a small American flag icon. They include a Trump-branded football ($185), a 21-ounce jar of lavender-and-sandalwood bath salts ($25), and the “Trump Double Trouble pullover” ($150), which will “quickly become your go-to item when an extra layer is required.”

The other 227 products without the “Made in America” designation don’t list their countries of origin. Some are easy to trace, like the set of two “exquisite” Riedel red wine glasses ($48). Made in Europe, Riedel describes the machine-blown glassware as part of its “starter” Degustazione collection and can be found elsewhere online for $4.99 each.

It’s slightly more difficult to pinpoint the origins of other products not bearing the US-made mark, like the Trump “signature briefcase” ($150), which features a “highly durable nubuck leatherette body” and a “beautiful Trump crest ‘coin’ decoration on front”; chocolates that look like gold bars, stamped with “TRUMP” on top ($10); or the “unique and beautiful blade putter cover [which] is sure to become both a treasured possession and a conversation piece” ($50).

Only 15% of the products in the Trump store are made in the US
After Nabisco sent some factory jobs from the US to Mexico in 2016, Trump responded by saying he would no longer eat Oreos, a Nabisco product. His own products, according to a 2016 Washington Post investigation, are made in 12 foreign countries: China, Mexico, India, Turkey, Slovenia, Honduras, Germany, Bangladesh, Indonesia, the Netherlands, Vietnam, and South Korea.

https://qz.com/1483890/how-many-donald- ... in-the-usa