CougarBoard Posts An Old Photo Of DCP With A Mullet

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

CougarBoard Posts An Old Photo Of DCP With A Mullet

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
The The
Nursery

Re: CougarBoard Posts An Old Photo Of DCP With A Mullet

Post by The The »

A dangerous psychiatric illness is obsessive love disorder. This can cause a variety of health problems, including delusional disorders and mental health problems. The obvious fixation with Daniel Peterson on this board is a major issue, and I believe it would be wise for the board as a whole to seek mental health counseling. In my more than 70 years of existence, I have never witnessed a group of mature men obsessing over another man to the same degree as the posters on this board. I'm beginning to believe that this forum may be more appropriately described as an online asylum for mentally ill patients than as a forum for Mormonism-related discussion.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

The The wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:11 pm
A dangerous psychiatric illness is obsessive love disorder. This can cause a variety of health problems, including delusional disorders and mental health problems. The obvious fixation with Daniel Peterson on this board is a major issue, and I believe it would be wise for the board as a whole to seek mental health counseling. In my more than 70 years of existence, I have never witnessed a group of mature men obsessing over another man to the same degree as the posters on this board. I'm beginning to believe that this forum may be more appropriately described as an online asylum for mentally ill patients than as a forum for Mormonism-related discussion.
It is interesting that you see 'the posters on this board' as 'a group of mature men.'
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:12 pm
The The wrote:
It is interesting that you see 'the posters on this board' as 'a group of mature men.'
I appreciate you pointing that out. It must be frustrating to have your social default setting as ‘erased’.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Xenophon
God

Post by Xenophon »

I also resent being thought of as "mature" :lol:
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

The The wrote:
I'm beginning to believe that this forum may be more appropriately described as an online asylum for mentally ill patients than as a forum for Mormonism-related discussion.
I understand that you may think that Young DCP does not bring ‘The Sexy’, but there’s no reason to get snippy about it.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

"No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die."

(Just in case this turns into a "caption this" contest.)
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

The The wrote:
A dangerous psychiatric illness is obsessive love disorder.
Thanks for your expert diagnosis of everyone on the board.

damned moronic.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

It's the softer side of DCP. Just look at the cuddly little doggy he has. Makes me think ole DCP couldn't hurt a fly.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

I am inclined to doubt the photo identification. No I do not have any sure information just facial appearance.

The the speaks like a jerk but sometimes Peterson obsession is a bit much.