doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: (Megathread) PhD Researcher: Women are way pickier these days, Red Pill is right about some things

Post by canpakes »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:13 am
If you can't get a girl your own age, who according to your own arguments has lower expectations than a younger girl (you argued that women lower their expectations as they get older) then what is the point of opening up access to younger girls with higher expectations?
You weren’t supposed to notice that inconsistency. ; )
Doctor Steuss
God

Re: People who get easily offended

Post by Doctor Steuss »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:40 pm
OMG! Even if that's the case, Alexander (The researcher who posted screenshots of the new study) is very clearly a far-left feminist. Read the article and read the study by Alexander.

https://www.eviemagazine.com/post/women ... t-research
"OMG!" indeed.

I cannot read the study by "Alexander," because the Twitter user, named "Alexander" who is a self-proclaimed researcher only shared a bunch of screen shots that purport to be from a study that he doesn't appear to name, or link to.

So, who is this person, who is "very clearly a far-left feminist"? It's this guy, whose last blog entry is titled "The Emotional Epistemology of the Red Pill."

The very first commenter to his last entry:

"If you wish to know the truth, look towards guys with verified 100+ (preferably more) laycount."

Obvy the most far-left feminist that ever feministed. So feminsty, and far-lefty. All the far-left feminism that could feminist.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:22 pm

I cannot read the study by "Alexander," because the Twitter user, named "Alexander" who is a self-proclaimed researcher only shared a bunch of screen shots that purport to be from a study that he doesn't appear to name, or link to.
You know damned well that he is an aggressive critic of the Red Pill and an aggressive defender of feminism. Why would an aggressive critic of the Red Pill make stuff up about that? There's no need for your dishonesty.

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:00 am
I hereby call you out. What, specifically, about the Red Pill movement do you disagree with?
For example, Red Pill thinks that all women are hypergamous, I don't believe that.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:02 am
Incels tend to think they deserve a teenage supermodel.
I don't think most incels want a supermodel. That's a stereotype.
drumdude wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:02 am
There is an epidemic of loneliness that exists outside of romantic relationships.
True, at this point I would rather have good friends than a girlfriend. However, I think it's harder to make good friends.

I think we should have an honest discussion about the fact that young men (on average) are a lot lonelier than young women.
Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 am
I have a hard time believing that decent people are unable to find fulfilling relationships with other decent people.
Among people in their 20s, 63% of young men are single compared to 33% of young men. That's the reason why a lot of young men these days are dating women in their 30s, 40s, and even 50s.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Re: (Megathread) PhD Researcher: Women are way pickier these days, Red Pill is right about some things

Post by doubtingthomas »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:39 am
Quiet, let us (the adults) do the talking.
Gadianton wrote:

If you can't get a girl your own age, who according to your own arguments has lower expectations than a younger girl (you argued that women lower their expectations as they get older) then what is the point of opening up access to younger girls with higher expectations?
According to a study, women lower their standards after age 40. According to Dr. Grande (removed - do not speak for others, please. -cp-), women tend to stop caring about looks in the long run.
Gadianton wrote:

I don't think there is such a stigma. a 21-year-old talking to an 18-year-old is no big deal, and I don't think society thinks it is. But what does this have to do with your main concern about girls liking Chads?
Would society be okay with a 23 year old man talking to a 17-18 year old?

Society allowing men in their early 20s to talk to younger women (of legal age) would reduce the number of single men.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:42 pm
...Allowing men in their early 20s to talk to young women (of legal age) would reduce the number of single men.
Stop talking about women as things that you want society to "allow" you use as you wish. Women are not things that you can be "allowed" to use. Stop posting this sexist nonsense.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:42 pm
canpakes wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:39 am
Quiet, let us (the adults) do the talking.
Oh, good. I’m all ears; do proceed. : )
Gadianton wrote:

According to a study, women lower their standards after age 40. According to Dr. Grande, women tend to stop caring about looks in the long run.
Meanwhile, it’s not exactly an unknown phenomenon that older fellows seek out younger partners, including those that have been through a divorce. Does that make older men generally choosier than women? Doesn’t this bust the claims you’ve been asserting about how choosy women are ruining everything? ; )
Would society be okay with a 23 year old man talking to a 17-18 year old?
This is a meaningless question. It happens every day in retail establishments all across the country. Just walk up to any cashier with your purchase.

That being the case, what’s the question that you’re really trying to ask?
Society allowing men in their early 20s to talk to younger women (of legal age) would reduce the number of single men.
That’s nice. In some states, “allowing men in their early 20s” to talk to 13 year olds might also ‘reduce the number of single men’. And just which party is that beneficial to?

Reread your sentence again, and think hard about who seems to have the ‘too choosy’ problem there, and arguably for all of the wrong reasons. Then come back and tell me your conclusion.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:57 am

Meanwhile, it’s not exactly an unknown phenomenon that older fellows seek out younger partners, including those that have been through a divorce. Does that make older men generally choosier than women? Doesn’t this bust the claims you’ve been asserting about how choosy women are ruining everything? ; )
I agree older men are choosier than women. According to a study about online dating, men get choosier with age, but women (on average) lower their standards.
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/1 ... 7618771081

We should be very concerned about the fact that the number of single women over 40 is rapidly growing. Most women want to have children and a family.
canpakes wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:57 am
That’s nice. In some states, “allowing men in their early 20s” to talk to 13 year olds might also ‘reduce the number of single men’. And just which party is that beneficial to?
How do you explain this? "More than 60 percent of young men are single, nearly twice the rate of unattached young women,"
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... n-are-not/

Shouldn't feminists be outraged about the fact that young women are dating older men?
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:19 am

I agree older men are choosier than women. According to a study, men get choosier with age, but women (on average) lower their standards.
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/1 ... 7618771081
No, your source does not say that.
How do you explain this? "More than 60 percent of young men are single, nearly twice the rate of unattached young women,"
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... n-are-not/
what needs to be explained?