doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Evidence of strong bias against me

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:07 am
That I didn’t challenge K’s allegedly false claim that the brain matures “around 25.” DT fails to point out that he didn’t challenge K’s statement, either.
You are a victim of confirmation bias.

The point is that you never question others. You only question the things I say.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:

The amazing part to me is that he knows I fact check him every time I’m in an argument with him. But somehow he convinced himself that I won’t notice. Pretty ironic for a guy who brags that no one can “outthink” him.
And you have the habit of misrepresenting and misunderstanding my points.

The point of the "outthink" thread was to attack the old smart-asses who think they make clever arguments.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:20 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Why did I challenge DT? Because he misrepresented the scientific papers. And it wasn’t the first time. Or the last.
It's true I misrepresented the papers on that occasion. Science doesn't know when the brain is fully mature, science doesn't even know what brain maturity is. I suspect you knew and never bothered to mentioned that.

You corrected me, but you never bother to correct others.
Res Ipsa wrote:
Now, check the date on what what DT described as my “immediate” response: May 1, 2022. Not “immediately challenged” — three days had passed. You’ll also note the the part of my post that he quoted was not a response to the post he quoted; It was to an entirely different post.
1. What have I been saying for hours about going after my imprecise wording? Jesus Christ, you are doing it again. Just take it as figuratively, "immediately" can mean many things.

2. I don't have time to quote the direct response because you messed up the posts. It's like paraphrasing. It's sad how you keep accusing me of lying for small details.

Now, can you acknowledge that there's a correlation between social exclusion and aggression? It may be the case that ending social exclusion would make the world a safer place. But you don't give a rat's.
Don’t gaslight me, bro. As I’ve said, you’ve worn out the “imprecise wording” excuse. You had to go to the two different threads to copy the three quotes, but you only posted a link to one thread. You claimed I “immediately challenged a post”, when the two posts were three days apart. Three days is not literally or figuratively immediate. You described my post as a” challenge “ of yours. The truth was that my post wasn’t even a response to the post you claimed I challenged you on.

I do challenge other people, you simply don’t notice because you’re so dammed self-absorbed. In addition, nobody misrepresents sources the way you constantly do.

Don’t waste your breath trying to blame me for your lies.

As for continuing the discussion about the effects of exclusion, I thought I was very clear: After asking you a perfectly reasonable question several times about your goal, you finally said that the goal that mattered to you the most was for people to stop wasting your time. I will help you accomplish that goal by no longer wasting your time.

You’re welcome.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

Post by Dr. Shades »

doubtingthomas, how many lonely males have you befriended in order to prevent them from becoming violent?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:12 am
In addition, nobody misrepresents sources the way you constantly do.
BS! at the same time I am the only one who shares a lot of sources, so it's not surprising that I am wrong sometimes. However, you frequently misunderstand my points.
Res Ipsa wrote:
I do challenge other people, you simply don’t notice because you’re so dammed self-absorbed.
I doubt it, not with the same intensity. Marcus and Morley misrepresented Baumeister's paper, but you didn't tell them anything .https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11761307/

And the concern of the authors was clearly about the possibility that social exclusion leads to violent behavior, so I didn't badly misrepresent the paper as you claimed.
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 2:22 am
I understand, but why would one of the authors of the 2018 paper tell sciencedaily, "In other words, the brain become "mature" too soon"? Was Tyborowska playing word games? https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 094830.htm
No. The quote from science daily says what the paper says. It talks about brain maturity, I.e., the point at which the prefrontal cortex is fully developed. The paper does not talk about mature cognition or behavior.

Let me ask you, what is mature cognition or behavior?
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:58 am
doubtingthomas, how many lonely males have you befriended in order to prevent them from becoming violent?
you want me to befriend High School students? You can't outthink the outthinker.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:55 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:58 am
you want me to befriend High School students? You can't outthink the outthinker.
Hold the phone. . . Your point this whole time is that the proclivity toward violence and mysogyny ceases to exist, and lonely males stop listening to red pill sources, once they graduate from high school?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:52 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
In addition, nobody misrepresents sources the way you constantly do.
BS! at the same time I am the only one who shares a lot of sources, so it's not surprising that I am wrong sometimes. However, you frequently misunderstand my points.
Res Ipsa wrote:
I do challenge other people, you simply don’t notice because you’re so dammed self-absorbed.
I doubt it, not with the same intensity. Marcus and Morley misrepresented Baumeister's paper, but you didn't tell them anything .https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11761307/

And the concern of the authors was clearly about the possibility that social exclusion leads to violent behavior, so I didn't badly misrepresent the paper as you claimed.
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 2:22 am

No. The quote from science daily says what the paper says. It talks about brain maturity, I.e., the point at which the prefrontal cortex is fully developed. The paper does not talk about mature cognition or behavior.

Let me ask you, what is mature cognition or behavior?
I'm 100% serious about helping you achieve your most important goal.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:15 pm
Hold the phone. . . Your point this whole time is that the proclivity toward violence and mysogyny ceases to exist, and lonely males stop listening to red pill sources, once they graduate from high school?
The majority of guys who listen to the Red Pill are in their late teens and early 20s.

Do you want me to start talking to 18 year old guys? Should I be like: Hey kids, let's be friends.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:37 am
Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:15 pm
The majority of guys who listen to the Red Pill are in their late teens and early 20s.

Do you want me to start talking to 18 year old guys? Should I be like: Hey kids, let's be friends.
Let’s hope this attitude extends to the fairer sex.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.