doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gadianton
God

Re: doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

Post by Gadianton »

DT wrote:And the answer isn't to ignore young men. The Right at least pretends to care about them.
As you also only pretend to care about them. You are interested in yourself and your own problems. Your plight for young men is a pretense for your frustrations with women rejecting you. You strain to extract the message "Women are wrong" from the papers you cite. Citing papers is more of a rhetorical ploy than a real interest. Recently you cited a paper about cognitive decline to say "people on this board who disagree with me" are wrong, instead of your usual "women are wrong" -- double dose for any women participants over 45. It will take a lot more than the 5-10% decline your paper talked about before your arguments will be the least bit challenging for me. And then, you started a conversation in Terrestrial under false pretenses linking the cognitive decline in these papers to apologetics, as a roundabout way to insult people in SP. Do you see how that is revealing? It shows just how serious we should take you when you cite papers and research. The common theme here is that you go through tortuous rounds of fake scholarly pursuits in order to vent and take cheap shots at people who irritate you or who have hurt your feelings.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:41 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:37 am
The majority of guys who listen to the Red Pill are in their late teens and early 20s.

Do you want me to start talking to 18 year old guys? Should I be like: Hey kids, let's be friends.
Let’s hope this attitude extends to the fairer sex.

- Doc
:lol: Jesus Christ Doc! I am probably too old for an 18 year old by now.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:10 am
As you also only pretend to care about them. You are interested in yourself and your own problems. Your plight for young men is a pretense for your frustrations with women rejecting you.

I haven't been using dating apps for a while, so I am not looking for now.
We should all be worried about
1. The rise of the Red Pill and misogyny.
2. The increasing number of single women. The favorite blog of Marcus, the Medium, points out, "Is there a problem with 45% of women being single? On an individual level, no. But on a societal level — perhaps ... So will 45% of women really be single by 2030? I don’t know. But if that is the case, it will be a symptom of the many challenges with modern dating — not something to celebrate." https://medium.com/hello-love/study-pre ... bc99bad6a8
3. Birth Rate, Diabetes, Autism, and other problems.
4. The Left not caring about young men.

I think modern feminism is making dating harder. Modern feminism tells women to take their time to find the guy of their dreams, like if time didn't pass by so quickly.

Then there are a lot of feminists who are demonizing men. There are nasty trends against men on Tik Tok and social media. For example, some female tik tokers are video recording men at the gym who "supposedly" looked at them for a second.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

30 year old men are like Pedophiles - the Medium

Post by doubtingthomas »

The highly reliable blog, the medium, has some interesting words, "Dear Men Who Date Much Younger Women: It's Disgusting — And You Look Like Pedophiles. If you're 30, don't actively look for a 20-year-old who looks like she's 15" https://medium.com/heart-affairs/dear-m ... 1a59336fdc

That's what feminists are telling young women. These type of articles aren't truly aimed at men, they are aimed at young women. Feminists want women in their 20s to run away from men.

All because of the myth that the brain fully matures at 25. Feminists won't take into account other factors that can influence maturity. Other factors include the environment, genetics, independence, and experience.

There are interesting trends on Tik Tok claiming that men want women in their 20s to manipulate them. Some of the Tik Toks (which get millions of views) are absolutely wild.

This really deserves to be a separate thread because of the new trends. I wouldn't be shocked if most people here would agree with the medium.

By the way, here's an interesting video by the Thinking Ape, he criticizes the manosphere and the Wall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPbi_NzZUWw
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:11 am
Gadianton wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:10 am
As you also only pretend to care about them. You are interested in yourself and your own problems. Your plight for young men is a pretense for your frustrations with women rejecting you.

I haven't been using dating apps for a while, so I am not looking for now.
We should all be worried about
1. The rise of the Red Pill and misogyny.
2. The increasing number of single women. The favorite blog of Marcus, the Medium, points out, "Is there a problem with 45% of women being single? On an individual level, no. But on a societal level — perhaps ... So will 45% of women really be single by 2030? I don’t know. But if that is the case, it will be a symptom of the many challenges with modern dating — not something to celebrate." https://medium.com/hello-love/study-pre ... bc99bad6a8
3. Birth Rate, Diabetes, Autism, and other problems.
4. The Left not caring about young men.

I think modern feminism is making dating harder. Modern feminism tells women to take their time to find the guy of their dreams, like if time didn't pass by fast.

Then there are a lot of feminists who are demonizing men. There are nasty trends against men on Tik Tok and social media.
And more of the mgtow/pua/redpill nonsense:
Violent Misogynistic Extremism in the Skin of “Lonely, Single Men”
by MERCY FERRARS

A RECENT TREND on Tik­Tok is the rise of the “lone­ly, sin­gle man” arche­type, who skill­ful­ly clothes his misog­y­ny and hate for women in what he per­ceives as an exter­nal­ly imposed and per­pet­u­at­ed lone­li­ness. He suf­fers from a lack of sub­mis­sive women in the dat­ing pool who match out­dat­ed, if not out­right medieval, per­cep­tions of gen­der roles. He dis­likes every­thing about mod­ern women that he can pos­si­bly think of...

His nat­ur­al ene­mies are “alpha women,” women who are loud, out­spo­ken and con­fi­dent...

And con­sid­er­ing how much he dis­likes women, he spends a for­mi­da­ble amount of time being all up in their busi­ness...

https://ferrarsundfields.de/2022/09/04/ ... e-men/amp/
doubtingthomas
God

Re: 30 year old men are like Pedophiles - the Medium

Post by doubtingthomas »

This is incredibly sad, it dehumanizes men.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: 30 year old men are like Pedophiles - the Medium

Post by Jersey Girl »

This: You Look Like Pedophiles

Does NOT mean

This: 30 year old men are like Pedophiles
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:10 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:41 am
Let’s hope this attitude extends to the fairer sex.

- Doc
:lol: Jesus Christ Doc! I am probably too old for an 18 year old by now.
-_-
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Evidence of strong bias against me

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:25 pm

I'm 100% serious about helping you achieve your most important goal.
Part of the reason why I am wasting my time is because you keep censoring my opinions, asshole.

At least acknowledge the correlation between aggression and social exclusion.
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:22 am
This: You Look Like Pedophiles

Does NOT mean

This: 30 year old men are like Pedophiles
It turns the seriousness of pedophilia into a joke. And pedophilia means attraction to children under 12.
doubtingthomas
God

Serrano (31 year old Colorado woman) will serve no prison time for sex with 13 year old boy

Post by doubtingthomas »

According to research, men are more likely to have dated someone 10+ years younger (25%) than them compared to women (14%).
https://medium.com/heart-affairs/dear-m ... 1a59336fdc

However, the opposite is true when it comes to casual sex. A lot of women over 30 and 40 are hooking up with 20-year old guys they met on dating apps. There are a lot of reasons to suspect that cougar sex is common. It's extremely rare when a man over 30 or 40 engages in casual sex with a 20-year old.

During 2020-2021, young men were more likely than young women to have at least one sex partner. I wonder why.

Of course, there are many reasons, including the rise of cougar sex.