doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
honorentheos
God

Re: doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

Post by honorentheos »

Love it when a binary thinker shows up to assert binary thinking defines the board because folks are clearly not self sorting on their side of their own personal binary worldview.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

A random issue, tell me if this is about right: Just like the apologists will never accept Joseph Smith wasn't a prophet based on video tape evidence of Joseph Smith's sexcapades, the woke liberals here in SP will never accept that the election was stolen, even if vans full of fake Biden ballots were recovered and video evidence of fraudsters filling in fake names by the tens of thousands were produced.
Frightening that it has come to this.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:37 pm
Dr. Kingsfield wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:31 pm
If you look back in time and investigate the past of this message board [snip]... You're dealing with a group of people who left a religion that encourages group think, and when they left the Mormon religion, they were unable to cope with the idea of independent thought, so they found comfort in progressivism, which also uses group think to control its members.
I take it that you have investigated the past of this board. Tell me, how long was I LDS and why did I leave the church?
Still waiting for Kingsfield to answer this.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Hey kingsfield
Dr. Kingsfield wrote:
If you look back in time and investigate the past of this message board, you will notice that there is always at least one person of this board that is being made fun of and called names. Be it Atlanticmike, Binger, Ceeboo, or Lee universe, along with dozens of other posters, they are ultimately bullied off the board for being independent thinkers who do not share the progressive cult mentality that persists on here.
(I recognize Atlanticmike and Binger but don't recall Lee universe)

Since I was brought up, I thought I would offer a few points, from my perspective, for your consideration.

1. Over the course of many years, as a whole, I was treated exceptionally well by the great majority of people that I interacted with on this message board.

2. I was not "bullied of the board". I made a personal choice to participate much less than I used to. To be fair, I do believe that there are a few bullies on this board (this should not be surprising to anyone, there are bullies everywhere) but my lack of participation has/had nothing to do with being bullied. I post what I want - and I post when I want.

3. While it is absolutely true that you can find many examples of a politically left poster flat out vilifying/mocking/castigating a politically right poster, I certainly do not believe it's a majority - not even close. Rather, it is precisely because of the obnoxious and nasty manner that is employed, that we so easily recognize the berating/chastisement taking place. It's not a numbers thing, it's a decibel thing.

Anyway, because my name was brought up, I wanted to offer a few comments.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ceeboo wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 9:54 pm
Hey kingsfield
Dr. Kingsfield wrote:
If you look back in time and investigate the past of this message board, you will notice that there is always at least one person of this board that is being made fun of and called names. Be it Atlanticmike, Binger, Ceeboo, or Lee universe, along with dozens of other posters, they are ultimately bullied off the board for being independent thinkers who do not share the progressive cult mentality that persists on here.

Since I was brought up, I thought I would offer a few points, from my perspective, for your consideration.

1. Over the course of many years, as a whole, I was treated exceptionally well by the great majority of people that I interacted with on this message board.

2. I was not "bullied of the board". I made a personal choice to participate much less than I used to. To be fair, I do believe that there are a few bullies on this board (this should not be surprising to anyone, there are bullies everywhere) but my lack of participation has/had nothing to do with being bullied. I post what I want - and I post when I want.

3. While it is absolutely true that you can find many examples of a politically left poster flat out vilifying/mocking/castigating a politically right poster, I certainly do not believe it's a majority - not even close. Rather, it is precisely because of the obnoxious and nasty manner that is employed, that we so easily recognize the berating/chastisement taking place. It's not a numbers thing, it's a decibel thing.

Hey Ceeboo, nice to see you. Thanks for chiming in.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I remember Jersey Girl was rather kind to Lee Universe. I wonder if she has any news as to how he is doing. By my reckoning, he must be close to 50.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ceeboo wrote:
Hey Ceeboo!

I hope you and your clan are all healthy and happy.

Lee Universe went by LDSFaqs for the majority of his time here, so you might be more familiar with that moniker. I believe Lee Universe was his primary handle over on the old FAIR board (now MormonDialogue).
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 3:10 pm
ceeboo wrote:
Hey Ceeboo!

I hope you and your clan are all healthy and happy.
The clan is healthy and happy (thanks for asking) - I hope you and yours are as well.
Lee Universe went by LDSFaqs for the majority of his time here, so you might be more familiar with that moniker. I believe Lee Universe was his primary handle over on the old FAIR board (now MormonDialogue).
Ahhhhh yes, I certainly know LDSFaqs - Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

ceeboo wrote:
Hey kingsfield
Dr. Kingsfield wrote:

H ceeboo, thanks for weighing in. When I saw your name on DK’s list I was surprised, I am glad it’s not true. I felt like we had a very productive conversation about the impact of language in certain contexts last time you were here! hope all is well with you and yours.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Marcus wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 4:10 pm

Hi ceeboo, thanks for weighing in.
Hi Marcus - You're welcome!
I felt like we had a very productive conversation about the impact of language in certain contexts last time you were here!
Indeed! Not only do I clearly remember this productive conversation, I'm very grateful that you took the time that was obviously necessary to point out the blind spot/spots that I had. While it was more than a little embarrassing for me (at the time), staying engaged throughout the discussion process played a vital role in getting me to a place where I could see/recognize these personal shortcomings.
hope all is well with you and yours.
They are - thanks - I hope the same for you and yours.