doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
honorentheos
God

Re: Stats prove when women are safer

Post by honorentheos »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:53 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:50 pm

So in India a woman is more likely to be sexually assaulted in a public place by a person they did not know who is 25 years old or younger than a male over the age of 25?

Ok.
No idea, but in the US, a woman is more likely to be raped by a man under 30.
No idea? It was your link.

You may find this information from it interesting:

The crimes against women in India have been rapidly increasing, and the response from the law is deteriorating day-by-day. Thus, the safety and security environment for women in India presents a grim scenario requiring immediate attention. Table 1 provides the details of the crimes against women in India. Most of the reported cases suggest that the problem occurs mainly because of the criminal instincts in the minds of frustrated youth, poor personality development, and a difficult social background. The attitude towards woman is made worse by the objectification of women in the media, film, and fashion industries.

Turns out the mindset of men towards women is fundamental to your quest to understand this.

Cutting to the chase the age differences aren't the issue. Predatory behavior is. One may see an age difference as a potential indicator but it isn't even the main one. Having an obsession with excusing the objectification of younger women, OTOH...
Last edited by honorentheos on Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:55 pm

of the criminal instincts in the minds of frustrated
youth
, poor personality development, and a difficult
social background.

Turns out the mindset of men towards women is fundamental to your quest to understand this.
Interesting, thank you for pointing that out. So, as long as men have the right mindset, it's fine for them to pursue a relationship with a 19-year old, right?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:01 am
honorentheos wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:55 pm

of the criminal instincts in the minds of frustrated
youth
, poor personality development, and a difficult
social background.

Interesting, thank you for pointing that out. So, as long as men have the right mindset, it's fine for them to pursue a relationship with a 19-year old, right?
Cutting to the chase the age differences aren't the issue. Predatory behavior is. One may see an age difference as a potential indicator but it isn't even the main one. Having an obsession with excusing the objectification of younger women as means to satisfy ones own sexual desires, OTOH...
Gadianton
God

Re: doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

Post by Gadianton »

True, but shaming men who date women in their 20s is a strategy to encourage women to avoid older men. The number of young women refusing to date older men is rapidly increasing.
Since you have all these scientific studies, show me the study that says men in their 30s who date women in their 20s are being horribly shamed.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:03 am
Having an obsession with excusing the objectification of younger women as means to satisfy ones own sexual desires, OTOH...
I am not obsessed, unfortunately, the majority of good women who are around my age are already married. It's hard to find a good woman who isn't a single mom.
Gadianton wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:24 am
Since you have all these scientific studies, show me the study that says men in their 30s who date women in their 20s are being horribly shamed.
It's just my observation, I can't prove it.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Re: doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:36 am
nonsense:
No comment?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:52 am
I am not obsessed, unfortunately, the majority of good women who are around my age are already married. It's hard to find a good woman who isn't a single mom.
Good being a value judgement, I guess it's good you self- select staying out of the lives of children with this filter.
Imwashingmypirate
Holy Ghost

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:53 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:50 pm
So in India a woman is more likely to be sexually assaulted in a public place by a person they did not know who is 25 years old or younger than a male over the age of 25?

Ok.
No idea, but in the US, a woman is more likely to be raped by a man under 30.
Sexual assault and rape is different. Women are more likely to be sexually assaulted in nightclub culture and in student halls when people are drunk more and a bit reckless. That data may also include minors. Don't know.

But I'm not sure what rape and assault has to do with adults choosing to date.

I thought that women were generally attracted to older men. Maturer men. Old childlike men not so much. I feel like I'm in an alternate universe in this thread.

I don't see an issue with a woman in her 20s dating an older man. I'm not sure who is saying this is an issue? It all depends on maturity. When I was 20 I was childlike and I look younger. I'm 35 and someone serving me IDd me not long ago thinking I was in my early 20s. So people would judge me but there are plenty of women in their 20s more suited to dating older men and it feels ok.

Doubt I look that young with all my grey hair now though. :O my hair has gone grey nearly over night. Not everywhere but a lotawhere.

I feel like OP sounds bitter about something. I don't know how rape relates to age within relationships.

EDIT... Also, this is a big one... Younger women are more likely to report assault now because culture has changed to support people to open up about abuse.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 am
I feel like I'm in an alternate universe in this thread.
Your instincts are spot on.

It's best to see the general discussion as a smoke screen for the more specific question: would you be ok with doubtingthomas dating your daughter at whatever age he is currently claiming a guy of some fluctuating age should be able to date? Because that's the reality behind the distortion you perceived. The answer isn't a matter of peoples age differences. It's the way DT treats the entire topic.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:44 pm
This is supported by studies showing that 46% of sexual assault perpetrators are under 25, which could mean that women are safer with men over 30.
If 46% of sexual assault perpetrators are under 25, then that also means 54% of sexual assault perpetrators are 25 or OLDER. So by your very own reasoning, women are safer around men under age 25.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024