doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Stats prove when women are safer

Post by doubtingthomas »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 am
I thought that women were generally attracted to older men. Maturer men. Old childlike men not so much. I feel like I'm in an alternate universe in this thread.
Unfortunately, there are campaigns trying to persuade young women to avoid older men, and they seem to be effective. Many people on the left are attempting to intervene in our dating lives.

"Men Who Date Much Younger Women ... Look Like Pedophiles"
https://medium.com/heart-affairs/dear-m ... 1a59336fdc

"Leonardo DiCaprio is nearly 50 and dating teenage girls. I’m sorry, but a 50 year old man that dates teenagers is a predator. Being a celebrity doesn’t exempt him from being a creep."
https://Twitter.com/SamanthaTaghoy/stat ... 84?lang=en
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Re: doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

Post by Morley »

Morley wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:40 pm
You’re mostly trying to come up an explanation of why you can’t get a younger woman to date your wrinkled, old, white ass.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:48 pm
In India. Just in case that part of the "study" is missed. You know, where public gang rapes are reported with alarming frequency.

I really do not know why folks engage DT as if his cited references were more than tenuously connected to his posts.
You don't know what you are talking about, but it's clear that you don't want people to engage in intelligent conversation with me.
Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:35 pm
we don't know exactly who's more dangerous from the assault statistics alone.
I like the study that Morley quoted, "These results suggest that age over 40 may mitigate incidence of recidivism in rapists"

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11995600/
Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:35 pm
So in this scenario, men under 25 are committing assault more often
Exactly! I suspect the percentage is particularly high among individuals aged 16 to 25. I doubt that boys under 15 commit many rapes. It's clear that a woman is more likely to get raped by a man in his 20s than a man in his 30s, even after controlling for variables like marriage.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Morley wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:41 pm
You’re mostly trying to come up an explanation of why you can’t get a younger woman to date your wrinkled, old, white ass.
:lol:

Or society should simply stay out of our dating lives.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

More misrepresentation, DT.

The first link you posted to justify what you admitted was just your own personal observation without any hard data, is a YouTube program called "Older Men who date Younger Women are Predators?" -- with a question mark. You forgot the question mark. There's 246 views. R. Isiah is actually responding to a cast called "Older Men Who Only Date Younger Women", and he's defending his right to date younger women.

Obviously, you haven't listened to any of this and you're pulling an Ajax spamming the forum with stuff you think might make your point, but that you haven't adequately reviewed yourself. I'm not going to dive deep into material you haven't studied yourself. I listened to about 2 minutes and I caught something like, "if the girl is in her 20s and the guy is 10 years older...? but 15 or 20 years, that's a lot..." and so there is no explicit condemnation so far of the 20 yo with 30 yo example.

by the way, Morley obviously hit the nail on the head.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:42 pm
Morley wrote:
:lol:

Or society should simply stay out of our dating lives.
Ha! That's like saying language has no business being in books.

The fact that you can date, and even that you have a desire to date, are all gifts of the society and culture in which you live.

"Culture, stay out of my art!" "Society, stop trying to influence the way I dress!"

But most all all: "Society, start making all those pretty young women take me seriously!"

Please provide a link to the abstract of some unread and hopelessly misunderstood research piece that says society should stay out of our dating lives. (Extra points if it's from a stellar publication like Psychology Today.)

Come on, you know that you want to.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Gadianton wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:05 am
More misrepresentation, DT.
The point is that there are thousands of video and articles shaming men who try to date women under 25. Google it.
Morley wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:10 am
"Culture, stay out of my art!" "Society, stop trying to influence the way I dress!"
So, it's okay to demonize men?
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

The point is that there are thousands of video and articles shaming men who try to date women under 25. Google it.
I realize that's the point, a point that you have not demonstrated. If these videos and articles are so plentiful, it shouldn't be difficult for you to find one. The burden of proof is on you, not me.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:33 am
Morley wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:10 am
So, it's okay to demonize men?
So, it's okay to make fun of people in hats?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

doubtingthomas wrote:
honorentheos wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:48 pm
In India. Just in case that part of the "study" is missed. You know, where public gang rapes are reported with alarming frequency.

I really do not know why folks engage DT as if his cited references were more than tenuously connected to his posts.
You don't know what you are talking about, but it's clear that you don't want people to engage in intelligent conversation with me.
Conversation requiring two willing parties, what you describe is a snipe hunt.