doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

Post by Res Ipsa »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:10 pm
DT, please explain your psychology here. If you can't, I think that I can.
I think I can, too. viewtopic.php?p=2858626#p2858626
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:44 am
guys that selfishly obsess over teenage girls like they are property. You don't give a rats ass about them.
That's BS; you keep accusing me of things that are simply not true. I didn't come here to talk about teen girls; it's you guys who start to bring them up, not me.

Here's what I said in the first topic I created this year:
Nowadays, most women are independent, so I don't see why an independent 20 year old woman dating a 30 year old man would be a concern.
search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&auth ... 9&start=80

and I was not suggesting that want to exclusively date younger women; my only concern is that people like you try to prevent younger women from dating guys like me.
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:48 pm

Please explain the psychology of Dr. Exiled and Doc. Why do they keep accusing me of things that are not true?
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:54 pm
The way you interact with folks here is not the way to "have" a community of any kind. This has never been a good place for people who have iconoclastic views that they insist are right and flat out reject other's views.
But that's not me. I am willing to change my mind about a lot of things. If you give me good evidence that younger women dating older men is bad for their mental health, I'll accept it. I have changed my mind plenty of times in the past; I don't come here to impose doctrines.

However, how am I supposed to accept the views of others when they provide no evidence to back up their claims? In the past, I was always sharing papers for everything. Of course, I made mistakes and misrepresented some of the papers, but that was because I was sharing so many of them. I am not perfect.

If you haven't noticed, I am a little bit smarter now, and I believe I am making good points. What's the response I get? A bunch of ad hominem attacks that are not even true.
Res Ipsa wrote:
When you get angry over something someone says, you spam the board with threads or insert insults into threads that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread.
Last year, I became angry because I felt I was being treated very unfairly. Additionally, I felt anger when people made criminal accusations against me. There wasn't much action taken about that, but the topics I created were immediately sent to the megathread. I felt like I wasted a lot of time, and that's why I got angry.

However, I wasn't so angry as to spend my entire life spamming the board. I moved on and didn't attempt to return for a fair amount of time.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:04 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:44 am
guys that selfishly obsess over teenage girls like they are property. You don't give a rats ass about them.
That's BS; you keep accusing me of things that are simply not true. I didn't come here to talk about teen girls; it's you guys who start to bring them up, not me.

Here's what I said in the first topic I created this year:
Nowadays, most women are independent, so I don't see why an independent 20 year old woman dating a 30 year old man would be a concern.
search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&auth ... 9&start=80

and I was not suggesting that want to exclusively date younger women; my only concern is that people like you try to prevent younger women from dating guys like me.
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:48 pm

Please explain the psychology of Dr. Exiled and Doc. Why do they keep accusing me of things that are not true?
Res Ipsa wrote:
The way you interact with folks here is not the way to "have" a community of any kind. This has never been a good place for people who have iconoclastic views that they insist are right and flat out reject other's views.
But that's not me. I am willing to change my mind about a lot of things. If you give me good evidence that younger women dating older men is bad for their mental health, I'll accept it. I have changed my mind plenty of times in the past; I don't come here to impose doctrines.

However, how am I supposed to accept the views of others when they provide no evidence to back up their claims? In the past, I was always sharing papers for everything. Of course, I made mistakes and misrepresented some of the papers, but that was because I was sharing so many of them. I am not perfect.

If you haven't noticed, I am a little bit smarter now, and I believe I am making good points. What's the response I get? A bunch of ad hominem attacks that are not even true.
Res Ipsa wrote:
When you get angry over something someone says, you spam the board with threads or insert insults into threads that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread.
Last year, I became angry because I felt I was being treated very unfairly. Additionally, I felt anger when people made criminal accusations against me. There wasn't much action taken about that, but the topics I created were immediately sent to the megathread. I felt like I wasted a lot of time, and that's why I got angry.

However, I wasn't so angry as to spend my entire life spamming the board. I moved on and didn't attempt to return for a fair amount of time.
You are the one who admitted to sleeping with a 17 year old when you were 26. Then went on and on about how this is legal in a lot of states, but, curiously won't say what State you were in when the act occurred.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:04 pm
a fair amount of time.
How did you determine what is a fair amount of time?
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Indeed.

I see that DT didn't respond to his massive contradictions I pointed out. Is it totally normal and accepted, or ruthlessly demonized? He's taken both positions.

In his last post he insists that it's others talking about the really young ones, and that he started out:
DT wrote:Nowadays, most women are independent, so I don't see why an independent 20 year old woman dating a 30 year old man would be a concern.
This statement has been foremost in my mind since he started back up again. I hadn't forgotten about it. It seems like a well positioned statement. More well positioned than anything else.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:10 am
You are the one who admitted to sleeping with a 17 year old when you were 26.
For the 1000th time, I did not admit to that. Last year, I merely stated that I dated a single mom, and Doc pushed me to reveal how old she was when I was dating her, which I did. When are you going to stop lying about me, and can you get over my dating life from years ago?

Dr Exiled wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:10 am
Then went on and on about how this is legal in a lot of states, but, curiously won't say what State you were in when the act occurred.

I stated multiple times that the relationship was legal. You might want to see a doctor to request a brain scan. Seriously.

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:10 pm

So which is it? Is society shaming older guys dating younger girls, are is society encouraging it? You've made both cases.
That's not a "massive contradiction", Gadianton. First of all, you never stated how long ago that was. Secondly, they were getting married. Society is more tolerant when a young woman marries an older man. A lot of people in society have an irrational fear that older men want to date younger women to take advantage of them.

Lastly, by society, I don't mean everyone, I mean a significant number of people. But of course, we also have to take into account the area and culture at a given time.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:54 am

I see that DT didn't respond to his massive contradictions I pointed out. I
There are no massive contradictions, you simply have to think a little bit harder. See my response above.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

What Dr. Exiled is doing is called abuse, harassment, and defamation.
doubtingthomas
God

I had an abortion and I smoke some cannabis

Post by doubtingthomas »

Of course, no one here would speculate that I committed a crime and harass me with a bunch of nonsense.
doubtingthomas
God

I have cancer

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus and Dr. Exile would be cheering with joy and celebrating such news.

Unfortunately for them, I am a healthy man and I don't have cancer.