doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gadianton
God

Re: doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

Post by Gadianton »

DT,

You're really outdoing yourself. Points 1-4 on your new list you don't actually care about. They are offered as a rhetorical ploy only to justify point 5, which is itself is a pretense to justify the position that "women are wrong" for rejecting you personally.

Imagine a heavy rock. Imagine digging a bit underneath it and inserting the end of a long board, and then at the center point of the board's length, you place the trunk of a fallen tree, perpendicular to the board. Now you have a lever. If you push down on the far end of the board, the hope is the heavy stone will move. Now stretch this lever out to an absurd length, say a mile. Assuming the weight of board hasn't already popped the heavy rock from its place, a tiny press from your pinky might budge it. This is what you're trying to accomplish here. You're trying to get people on this board to admit something, anything, that represents a tiny press against a long lever -- a long chain of forces -- that results in a favorable endorsement of your pet peeve. You can keep trying to extend that lever such that those who might test it with a push of the finger can't see from a mile out what the result is supposed to be, but nobody on this forum is suffering from the requisite cogitive decline to fall for it. But keep trying.

"The highly reliable blog, the medium, has some interesting words, "Dear Men Who Date Much Younger Women: It's Disgusting"

I'll not rush to read the paper. Look, DT, there are a handful of people posting in SP. World events typically get the most discussion going. There are lots of issues and problem in the world that will never be addressed here. There are lots of people in the world harboring anger and resentment, and lashing out. I imagine that if a woman came to this forum in full social-justice war mode melting down over men dating women 10 years younger than they are, and calling them pedos, that the reception to such a person would be about as warm as the reception to your antics.

In general, however, I don't think the "feminist" bashing of men through whatever outlets they do this have the freight-train momentum going that the man-sphere does. I think there are some reasons for this, reasons that respond to yet another point you made that I haven't addressed yet, but I'll save that for tonight.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:46 pm
There are lots of people in the world harboring anger and resentment, and lashing out. I imagine that if a woman came to this forum in full social-justice war mode melting down over men dating women 10 years younger than they are, and calling them pedos, that the reception to such a person would be about as warm as the reception to your antics.
Hopefully.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Gadianton wrote:
There are lots of people in the world harboring anger and resentment, and lashing out. I imagine that if a woman came to this forum in full social-justice war mode melting down over men dating women 10 years younger than they are, and calling them pedos, that the reception to such a person would be about as warm as the reception to your antics.

In general, however, I don't think the "feminist" bashing of men through whatever outlets they do this have the freight-train momentum going that the man-sphere does. I think there are some reasons for this, reasons that respond to yet another point you made that I haven't addressed yet, but I'll save that for tonight.
Marcus compares me to incels and straw mans everything I say. That's the reason for the "antics".

Feminists hate it when men date women in their 20s. Feminists are trying to influence young women to avoid older men.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
canpakes
God

Re: Serrano (31 year old Colorado woman) will serve no prison time for sex with 13 year old boy

Post by canpakes »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:29 pm
There are a lot of reasons to suspect that cougar sex is common.
We keep finding baby cougars, for one.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Gadianton wrote:
DT,

You're really outdoing yourself. Points 1-4 on your new list you don't actually care about. They are offered as a rhetorical ploy only to justify point 5, which is itself is a pretense to justify the position that "women are wrong" for rejecting you personally.
Here's my resignation letter.

Attacking modern feminism is not an attack on women. Modern feminism teaches women to avoid older men. We all know damned well that the media and the culture have a lot of influence in the way people think. Modern feminism has a lot of strange ideas that are not backed up by science or medical science.

I am not mad at women. I am mad at the way that I am being treated on this board. Unfair rules only apply to me

I am also mad at all the denial. The ex-Mormon community is very feminist and you guys refuse to acknowledge some of the problems and concerns I brought up. It’s okay to reject and ignore all the problems and concerns, but it’s not okay to treat me unfairly and assign special rules to me.

Women are free to choose their partners, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t acknowledge problems like the rise of GDM, for example. You guys can keep your board that honestly leads to nowhere. There is really no point in participating in such a board where people think with their feelings, not their brain.

EAllusion defended me several times, but he is not here to defend me. This board is no longer great. I could destroy this board if I wanted to in many different ways, but I’ll just let you guys keep it. Just stick it up your a s s.

“It's the least restrictive way we have to avoid having the board cluttered with multiple threads on the same topic” BS! Where is the Peterson Megathread? I wasn’t going to bring up these issues forever. What does social exclusion (like having no friends) have anything to do with modern dating?

“groups based on stereotyping” You do a lot of stereotyping. You stereotype young women (naïve and immature). You stereotype single men. Get a job!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

A timely post on Reddit about the manosphere:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bestof/comment ... tm_term=15

It’s from a mod who managed a large relationship subreddit. It’s an interesting insight.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Every group people don’t like is a cult these days.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:41 pm
A timely post on Reddit about the manosphere:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bestof/comment ... tm_term=15

It’s from a mod who managed a large relationship subreddit. It’s an interesting insight.

- Doc
From your link:

But the bigger moral of the story is we really have to do a better job of teaching people what to look for when it comes to BITE model groups cultivating online clout. We are cultually ignorant about this, there's a dearth of resources, and we're sending teens out into this landscape armored with nothing. We're setting them loose in a sea of algorhythms that shovel this crap at them. The internet for men is VASTLY different than the internet I'm getting. I wasn't a moderate or a conservative on Facebook, I got zero redpilling for Qanon. I know that wasn't the case for a lot of people I know. Instructing people on how to easily spot the hallmarks of this kind of indoctrination early and often is key. Of course, the tactics will change as a result, but it's a good first step.
Last edited by Marcus on Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Goodbye wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:25 pm
I could destroy this board if I wanted to in many different ways, but I’ll just let you guys keep it. Just stick it up your a s s.
NPD much?
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

DT wrote:Modern feminism teaches women to avoid older men. We all know damned well that the media and the culture have a lot of influence in the way people think. Modern feminism has a lot of strange ideas that are not backed up by science or medical science.
I'm not an expert on feminism. There are academic feminists on the left who rub me the wrong way, and I doubt I'd enjoy spending much time with them. However, I'm happy for them to convene and explore what they find interesting just as I'm okay with Thinking Ape and his buddies to explore MGTOW. Tom Leykis says that men should avoid women their age and go after women as young as possible (legal), the younger the better, in order to use them for sex. Don't you think feminists ought to discourage that? So at the very least, there is one valid reason for feminists to tell women to avoid older men. There is quite a lot strange about your outrage that 'how dare feminist teach such a thing.'

You're definitely wrong about media and culture -- both media and culture generally support older men hooking up with younger women. Has Bruce Willis or Clint Eastwood ever been within 10 years of the women they hook up with in movies? It gets even weirder with some of the recent stuff coming out. Season 1 of "The Witcher" (I haven't got around to S2 yet) has a 50+ guy who roams around the land and ends up in a bizarre relationship with a girl who must be around 13. Same thing for "The Last of Us", 50+ guy roaming around with a young teen girl. I get that they cover that with the storyline with his daughter, and both are "bad ass" older tough guys who have decent morals in a world of chaos. Even though Joel (?) is apparently guilty of a multitude of murders and other crimes, and so what, in 4 seasons from now, when the girl is legal he'd still never think anything? And there's no chance she'd get confused and fall for him? They seem to bait the hook with some of the situations and dialog. What in movies and media do you see as discouraging men from dating women 10 years younger?
Unfair rules only apply to me
One thing I'll let you in on when it comes to board rules here or anywhere, if your belief is that you have a right to be as bad as what you see others doing on the board, you're almost always going to have a problem.
I am also mad at all the denial. The ex-Mormon community is very feminist and you guys refuse to acknowledge some of the problems and concerns I brought up. It’s okay to reject and ignore all the problems and concerns,
Tough. Get used to people disagreeing with you. Threatening that you could threaten the board with destruction, telling me to "shove it" and so on, isn't ever going to win you respect, let alone agreement. People can ignore all the concerns they want, bud. It was hard for me to spend the time I did on Twitter among Will Schryver and his friends glorifying in the killing of Ukrainian children and so on, I wasn't going to say anything to make the reconsider. They are free to ignore my concerns, nothing I can do about it. I couldn't take watching it much longer so just dropped it. If you feel similarly about this place, that might be what you have to do.
Women are free to choose their partners, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t acknowledge problems like the rise of GDM, for example. You guys can keep your board that honestly leads to nowhere. There is really no point in participating in such a board where people think with their feelings, not their brain.
Understandable. At this point, it doesn't look like you're going to convince anybody, and so maybe you should try to convince another board out there. Wouldn't that would be a scientific approach? Find a non-exmo community that isn't so liberal and see how they react to your ideas.
EAllusion defended me several times, but he is not here to defend me.

why do you need someone to defend you? You're trying to convince people of something you know is radically unpopular with the board so it's going to be an uphill battle. If I'm going to go back to Twitter to interact with Putin supporters, it will take a lot of mental fortification I don't think I'm up to.

Goodby, See you Tomorrow.
Last edited by Gadianton on Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.