doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

Post by Res Ipsa »

honorentheos wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:46 am
Goodbye wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:25 pm
I could destroy this board if I wanted to in many different ways, but I’ll just let you guys keep it. Just stick it up your a s s.
NPD much?
I’m afraid you called that right some time ago.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:46 pm
Imagine a heavy rock. Imagine digging a bit underneath it and inserting the end of a long board, and then at the center point of the board's length, you place the trunk of a fallen tree, perpendicular to the board. Now you have a lever. If you push down on the far end of the board, the hope is the heavy stone will move. Now stretch this lever out to an absurd length, say a mile. Assuming the weight of board hasn't already popped the heavy rock from its place, a tiny press from your pinky might budge it. This is what you're trying to accomplish here. You're trying to get people on this board to admit something, anything, that represents a tiny press against a long lever -- a long chain of forces -- that results in a favorable endorsement of your pet peeve. You can keep trying to extend that lever such that those who might test it with a push of the finger can't see from a mile out what the result is supposed to be, but nobody on this forum is suffering from the requisite cogitive decline to fall for it. But keep trying.
And that is why you are the Dean. Your insight is spot on.
he/him

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:48 pm
Every group people don’t like is a cult these days.
Agreed. I think these types of online groups or movements lack the extreme elements of control that are at the core of cults. I don’t think the BITE model is a good fit, even though there are a few criteria that might apply.

I’m not sure that the logic is even circular. It seems to me like just another example of the true believer problem: a group of people unhappy with their lives latch onto a solution that allows them to avoid all sense of responsibility for their situation, putting it all on a scapegoat. Confirmation bias makes them unresponsive to logic or reason. The “red pill” narcissism prevents consideration of opposing points of view. In a way, it’s like the dynamics of conspiracy theories. Those that choose the red pill are the select few that understand reality — everyone else is dismissed as stupid or idiots or sheeple.
he/him

doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:11 am
So at the very least, there is one valid reason for feminists to tell women to avoid older men. There is quite a lot strange about your outrage that 'how dare feminist teach such a thing.'
Yes, but

1. casual sex between young women (20s) and older men (30s) is now rare. Casual sex between young men (20) and older women (30+) is by far a lot more common.
2. Feminists will only accomplish that young women avoid the average guys, not the expert manipulators. The expert manipulators will always be with younger women.
3. A man in his 20s is more likely to want just the sex.
4. A lot of good men in their 30s are simply looking for a wife, but their options are shrinking thanks to feminists.
Gadianton wrote:
You're definitely wrong about media and culture -- both media and culture generally support older men hooking up with younger women.
Not the new movies. Modern Hollywood movies are showing a lot of penises. Look it up.
Gadianton wrote:
Goodby, See you Tomorrow.
That wont' be possible.

Have you seen this new video by the ThinkingApe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPbi_NzZUWw

He criticizes the manosphere and the Wall.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

IhavetoRespond wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:07 pm
Gadianton wrote:
So at the very least, there is one valid reason for feminists to tell women to avoid older men. There is quite a lot strange about your outrage that 'how dare feminist teach such a thing.'
Yes, but

1. casual sex between young women and older men is now rare. Casual sex between young men and older women is by far a lot more common.
2. Feminists will only accomplish that young women avoid the average guys, not the expert manipulators. The expert manipulators will always be with younger women.
3. A man in his 20s is more likely to want just the sex.
4. A lot of good men in their 30s are simply looking for a wife, feminists are trying to shrink their options.
Gadianton wrote:
You're definitely wrong about media and culture -- both media and culture generally support older men hooking up with younger women.
Not the new movies. Modern Hollywood movies are showing a lot of penises. Look it up.
Gadianton wrote:
Goodby, See you Tomorrow.
That wont' be possible.
So this is DoubtingThomas, on his third, at a minimum, sockpuppet, in violation of UR 11. You’ll notice his last two sock puppets have been deleted, yet here he is again. How many chances does a person get to violate the rules?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Marcus wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:22 pm
So this is DoubtingThomas, on his third, at a minimum, sockpuppet, in violation of UR 11. You’ll notice his last two sock puppets have been deleted, yet here he is again. How many chances does a person get to violate the rules?
What do you suggest, Marcus?
he/him

doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
That's up to the mods. You live your life.
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:40 pm
I am done Sir, it's very clear that I won't keep coming back.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Are you asking that seriously?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Marcus wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:51 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Are you asking that seriously?
Yes.
he/him

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Laundrie was a 'mental and emotional bully'

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:59 pm
I hope you mods see where this is headed. DT needs an immediate intervention, deep therapy, and to be deplatformed for his own good.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.