doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

Post by Jersey Girl »

Actually, no, you don't "have" to respond to a post that was made on Thursday when this is Saturday. You've obviously been at least temp banned and you persist in circumventing that ruling. Just how obtuse are you?

Like I told you before. When I was eternally banned I never ONCE tried to get back in here. That banning lasted 2-3 YEARS.

So what is YOUR freaking problem?

If you have been temp or perma banned, take it on the chin like the rest of the world does and reflect on why that happened. No one here is treating you any differently than any other poster. If any other poster behaved the way you are, they'd receive the same correction.

You have threatened to destroy this board at least once that I know of. Another poster said 2-3 times but I didn't see those. Against the rules.

You have made up a third sock (in this current case) and you've done it before in other cases. Also against the rules.

You are making yourself look like a desperate ass or someone who can't or refuses take no for an answer. How much more compulsive does it get? I don't want to know the answer to that question.

Stop it.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:52 pm
Marcus wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:51 pm
Are you asking that seriously?
Yes.
Ok.

If the same poster breaks the same rule repeatedly, in a short amount of time, which may require moderator attention to correct, and when said rule violation has been indicated, then a temporary ban should be considered for that poster, with the possibility of a permanent ban if the rules continue to be ignored.

So, for example, DT started at least two sock puppets, in violation of universal rule 11, in the last 48 hours. as far as I know, those two sock puppets have been deleted, and their comments have been condensed under his name, DT. the evidence is there, but the history s there, in the form of quotes.

AFTER the two sock puppets were deleted (as far as I know), DoubtingThomas activated a third sock puppet, about 70 minutes ago. That is the third violation of UR 11. If the only penalty is to delete the sock but not penalize the poster, it is obvious that they will simply do it again.

in my opinion, that constitutes a reason to ban the poster, temporarily or permanently.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

3 consecutive strikes on the same rule violation.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

IhavetoRespond wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:07 pm
2. Feminists will only accomplish that young women avoid the average guys, not the expert manipulators. The expert manipulators will always be with younger women.
This is how this sounds:

Average guys won’t GET this THING, because expert manipulators always GET the THING they want.
4. A lot of good men in their 30s are simply looking for a wife, but their options are shrinking thanks to feminists.
A lot of men WANT this THING, but their abilities to GET this THING are limited by people who are taking away their options to GET this THING.

That’s how DoubtingThomas talks about women. They are THINGS that he deserves to GET.

It’s sickening.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:15 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:52 pm
Yes.
Ok.

If the same poster breaks the same rule repeatedly, in a short amount of time, which may require moderator attention to correct, and when said rule violation has been indicated, then a temporary ban should be considered for that poster, with the possibility of a permanent ban if the rules continue to be ignored.

So, for example, DT started at least two sock puppets, in violation of universal rule 11, in the last 48 hours. as far as I know, those two sock puppets have been deleted, and their comments have been condensed under his name, DT. the evidence is there, but the history s there, in the form of quotes.

AFTER the two sock puppets were deleted (as far as I know), DoubtingThomas activated a third sock puppet, about 70 minutes ago. That is the third violation of UR 11. If the only penalty is to delete the sock but not penalize the poster, it is obvious that they will simply do it again.

in my opinion, that constitutes a reason to ban the poster, temporarily or permanently.
OK, work through this with me. If we had banned or suspended the account “doubtingthomas” a couple of days ago, would the board look any different than it does right now?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Ban the IP address.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:44 am
Ban the IP address.

- Doc
smh
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:42 am
Marcus wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:15 am
Ok.

OK, work through this with me. If we had banned or suspended the account “doubtingthomas” a couple of days ago, would the board look any different than it does right now?
How would i know? I don't know how your moderation works.

I will say, however, that your decision to take the comments from TWO sock puppets and attach them to the account of the person who made the sock puppets indicated to him that the sock puppet rule is toothless, and that the mods are working for him.

I would argue when rule 11 says sock puppets will be deleted, that implies the sock puppet comments will also be deleted.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:06 am
No one here is treating you any differently than any other poster.
That's not true! I already explained why. The mods are treating me very unfairly.

I'll stop coming, but please stop replying. Help me out here.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:49 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:44 am
Ban the IP address.

- Doc
smh
Why syh?
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.