doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

Post by doubtingthomas »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:46 pm
DT,
It was nice having a conversation with you.
IhavetoRespond wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:07 pm
Gadianton wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:11 am
So at the very least, there is one valid reason for feminists to tell women to avoid older men. There is quite a lot strange about your outrage that 'how dare feminist teach such a thing.'
Yes, but
1. casual sex between young women (20s) and older men (30s) is now rare. Casual sex between young men (20) and older women (30+) is by far a lot more common.
2. Feminists will only accomplish that young women avoid the average guys, not the expert manipulators. The expert manipulators will always be with younger women.
3. A man in his 20s is more likely to want just the sex.
4. A lot of good men in their 30s are simply looking for a wife, but their options are shrinking thanks to feminists.

Gadianton wrote:
You're definitely wrong about media and culture -- both media and culture generally support older men hooking up with younger women.
Not the new movies. Modern Hollywood movies are showing a lot of penises. Look it up.
Gadianton wrote:

Goodby, See you Tomorrow.
That wont' be possible.

Have you seen this new video by the ThinkingApe?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPbi_NzZUWw

He criticizes the manosphere and the Wall.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:55 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:49 am
smh
Why syh?
My guess: changing IPs is easy, and under certain conditions occurs automatically.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:02 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:55 am
Why syh?
My guess: changing IPs is easy, and under certain conditions occurs automatically.
Well, so is creating a new account. The point is to force the user to do the tedious work of finding a workaround. I don’t know what the mod tools look like on this platform, so I couldn’t say which is quicker, to ban and delete a sock puppet and their content, or ban an ip address and associated content - this could apply to a range of ip addresses or even a vpn.

I dunno. RI is still shaking his head, so who knows.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr. Kingsfield
Nursery

Post by Dr. Kingsfield »

If you look back in time and investigate the past of this message board, you will notice that there is always at least one person of this board that is being made fun of and called names. Be it Atlanticmike, Binger, Ceeboo, or Lee universe, along with dozens of other posters, they are ultimately bullied off the board for being independent thinkers who do not share the progressive cult mentality that persists on here. You're dealing with a group of people who left a religion that encourages group think, and when they left the Mormon religion, they were unable to cope with the idea of independent thought, so they found comfort in progressivism, which also uses group think to control its members. Attempting to reason with the posters you're attempting to reason with will always leave you frustrated, because you're dealing with a group of people who left a religion that encourages group think. Trying to persuade the posters on this thread to see reason is the same as When trying to reason with Mormons, both groups believe that people from other religions do not have the complete truth, and both groups are one hundred percent certain that they are the only people on the planet who are in possession of the truth. This way of thinking, whether it's Mormonism or progressivism, makes members of those groups feel superior, makes them perceive everyone who doesn't share their view as inferior, and finally leads them to view anyone outside the group as ignorant. This is true regardless of whether the thinking is progressive or Mormonism. This is the reason why you are hesitant to post in this forum at this time. You are now on the outside of the group, and the only way for you to gain membership is to conform your worldview to that of the board members.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

That’s not true.

*points to the sock puppet*

reveal yourself daemon

eta: speaking of bullying

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=157536
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Kingsfield wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:31 pm
If you look back in time and investigate the past of this message board [snip]... You're dealing with a group of people who left a religion that encourages group think, and when they left the Mormon religion, they were unable to cope with the idea of independent thought, so they found comfort in progressivism, which also uses group think to control its members.
I take it that you have investigated the past of this board. Tell me, how long was I LDS and why did I leave the church?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Attempting to reason with the posters you're attempting to reason with will always leave you frustrated, because you're dealing with a group of people who left a religion that encourages group think. Trying to persuade the posters on this thread to see reason is the same as When trying to reason with Mormons, both groups believe that people from other religions do not have the complete truth, and both groups are one hundred percent certain that they are the only people on the planet who are in possession of the truth
Maybe. Could you provide one or two examples of ideas from any of the individuals you mentioned that you feel had credibility, yet the progressives on this forum refused to fairly engage?

Specific examples, please. With quotes, unless the participant you had in mind deleted his own post, then just give the best summary you can.
Dr. Kingsfield
Nursery

Post by Dr. Kingsfield »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:59 pm
Attempting to reason with the posters you're attempting to reason with will always leave you frustrated, because you're dealing with a group of people who left a religion that encourages group think. Trying to persuade the posters on this thread to see reason is the same as When trying to reason with Mormons, both groups believe that people from other religions do not have the complete truth, and both groups are one hundred percent certain that they are the only people on the planet who are in possession of the truth
Maybe. Could you provide one or two examples of ideas from any of the individuals you mentioned that you feel had credibility, yet the progressives on this forum refused to fairly engage?

Specific examples, please. With quotes, unless the participant you had in mind deleted his own post, then just give the best summary you can.
If I showed a true believer in Mormonism a video of Joseph Smith having sexual relations with a teenager in a barn while he was claiming to be the prophet, would the video be enough to convince the true believer that Joseph wasn't actually a prophet? If I had one video or one thousand videos of Joseph Smith having sexual relations with a teenager, would it make any difference? I contend that the movies would not persuade a Mormon to change their mind because a Mormon's mind has already been programmed to believe that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. The same is true with regard to providing you with the precise examples that you have requested. It makes no difference if I offer you one example or one thousand instances from the past of this board; you are going to believe what you have been taught to think by the progressive prophets regardless of how many examples I provide you.

It should come as no surprise that former Mormons who visit this board have left their faith but have discovered the exact same solace that Mormonism offers in the progressive cause.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

So, no examples. Cool.

- Doc
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Dr. Kingsfield wrote:If I showed a true believer in Mormonism a video of Joseph Smith having sexual relations with a teenager in a barn while he was claiming to be the prophet, would the video be enough to convince the true believer that Joseph wasn't actually a prophet?
It might. Mormons have been known to leave over information on the Internet. In fact, it doesn't necessarily need to be great information. Mormons often sense something isn't right, and are experts at avoiding "anti-lit". Consider this super great human being who was branch mission leader in an area I was serving in during my mission. Young law student and the cornerstone of the branch. We got along great, as we were both big Hugh Nibley fans. He had a born-again girlfriend who was always giving him anti-lit and taking him to her church. She was really sweet, aside from that. We'd always laugh about her church (speaking in tongues etc.) and laugh about the anti-lit. A couple years later, somebody at the Y told me I needed to write to this guy, because apparently, one of those anti books his GF gave him hit the topic of masonry, and that did him in. Without any further research, he left the church, dumped her (served her right), left school, and left the country to work on a fishing boat or something. Yes indeed, very committed people are known to leave the Church over information. Perhaps you meant apologists? DCP or John Gee as examples who would never leave no matter what? That's possible. Maybe all of us are just like DCP?

Now, you did provide a good example from Mormonism. No matter what videos of Joseph Smith's escapades with girls one might show to the senior apologists, they would not be convince that he wasn't a prophet.

I'm looking for the equivalent scenario here. Did one of these posters you think highly of offer evidence for their claims that rose to the level of a video tape of Joseph Smith abusing young girls, and we were unable to accept it?

A random issue, tell me if this is about right: Just like the apologists will never accept Joseph Smith wasn't a prophet based on video tape evidence of Joseph Smith's sexcapades, the woke liberals here in SP will never accept that the election was stolen, even if vans full of fake Biden ballots were recovered and video evidence of fraudsters filling in fake names by the tens of thousands were produced.