doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Morning Joe: The left doesn't want to "acknowledge that men might be a group in need of assistance"

Post by Moksha »

Doubting, if I made a wild guess that you are calling for help, what help might you like?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Gadianton
God

Re: Morning Joe: The left doesn't want to "acknowledge that men might be a group in need of assistance"

Post by Gadianton »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:35 pm
Morning Joe: The left doesn't want to "acknowledge that men might be a group in need of assistance"
https://youtu.be/NLiYGUqHEb8?si=BdwIdjCU8RU3EyNs see 8:33

"Men are lost. Here’s a map out of the wilderness"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... new-model/

"Of Boys and Men Why the Modern Male Is Struggling, Why It Matters, and What to Do about It"
https://www.brookings.edu/books/of-boys-and-men/

Merged into DT Megathread - cp
More titles that came up in a search that you haven't read. The second is beyond a paywall, obviously you haven't read it.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:53 pm
However, I come here to have honest discussions.
What do you think an honest discussion looks like?

What do you think is the most important requirement for an honest discussion?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:00 pm

I guess when both parties are interested? It's clear that hardly anyone on this board cares about the struggles of men, and that's fine. However, how can people become interested when all the topics that I create are merged into one? It's clear that the headlines I was creating were getting people's attention, until you (the mods) decided to throw all of them into this megathread.

You are free to do whatever you want with threads I create, but you should clarify in the rules that this board is not a fully free-speech board, and that some topics might get relegated into a megathread by you. It should also be clarified that not everyone here is valued the same.

That's just my suggestion.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:03 pm
Maybe you need to move?
Yes, or at least I should travel more.

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
. But I do know people can come across differently to how they really are. So I tend to look at multiple perceptions which might sound like me being contradictory. Actually I do that with most things. I can see most people's perspective even when they disagree.
Interesting.

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Was the therapy useful? When I was in therapy I didn't think to talk about relationships.
Yes, a little bit, but I didn't talk about relationships either.
Imwashingmypirate wrote:

Was the therapy useful? When I was in therapy I didn't think to talk about relationships. I wish I did. Being a Mormon student I felt pressure to marry the first guy I dated. Which is fine. I'd have married him eventually but it was all rushed because of the pressure. There's an expectation to be married and have babies for LDS women in their early 20s.
That's very true, the pressure is real.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:11 am
It should also be clarified that not everyone here is valued the same.
True statement. Though, we do take our time in the appraisal and allow for the asset to mature.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:00 pm

I guess when both parties are interested? It's clear that hardly anyone on this board cares about the struggles of men, and that's fine. However, how can people become interested when all the topics that I create are merged into one? It's clear that the headlines I was creating were getting people's attention, until you (the mods) decided to throw all of them into this megathread.

You are free to do whatever you want with threads I create, but you should clarify in the rules that this board is not a fully free-speech board, and that some topics might get relegated into a megathread by you. It should also be clarified that not everyone here is valued the same.

That's just my suggestion.
So, you aren’t actually here for an honest discussion.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

If megathreads were made in here back 15 years ago... I'd have been having a party. Woulda been like I had my own room. Lol. :mrgreen:
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:17 am
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Maybe you need to move?
Yes, or at least I should travel more.

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
. But I do know people can come across differently to how they really are. So I tend to look at multiple perceptions which might sound like me being contradictory. Actually I do that with most things. I can see most people's perspective even when they disagree.
Interesting.

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Was the therapy useful? When I was in therapy I didn't think to talk about relationships.
Yes, a little bit, but I didn't talk about relationships either.
Imwashingmypirate wrote:

Was the therapy useful? When I was in therapy I didn't think to talk about relationships. I wish I did. Being a Mormon student I felt pressure to marry the first guy I dated. Which is fine. I'd have married him eventually but it was all rushed because of the pressure. There's an expectation to be married and have babies for LDS women in their early 20s.
That's very true, the pressure is real.
Would it be worth trying therapy again but trying to focus on relationships? I have been going to counselling (therapy) and have been talking more about relationships this time. She doesn't really let me stray too far. She tends to bring everything back to me and I tend to try to talk about everyone else. She said I am diverting.
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Interesting.
Why is this interesting?
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

doubtingthomas wrote:
However, how can people become interested when all the topics that I create are merged into one?
All your topics are the same topic.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024