doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: (Megathread) PhD Researcher: Women are way pickier these days, Red Pill is right about some things.

Post by Marcus »

And still, the same complaints.
Marcus wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:29 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:57 pm
...The fact that young women are too picky is causing a lot of problems...
You continue to follow your crowd.
A RECENT TREND on TikTok is the rise of the “lonely, single man” archetype, who skillfully clothes his misogyny and hate for women in what he perceives as an externally imposed and perpetuated loneliness.

He suffers from a lack of submissive women in the dating pool who match outdated, if not outright medieval, perceptions of gender roles.

...He is looking for a maid and a prostitute, someone who cleans and cooks and devotes her body to his pleasure... His natural enemies are “alpha women,” women who are loud, outspoken and confident.

...As for a man so preoccupied with his intellect—miraculously, only he sees the world as it is—he is quick to apply animal logic to his human existence, but he carefully picks out the parts and pieces which fit his conception of dating. And considering how much he dislikes women, he spends a formidable amount of time being all up in their business.

...he just doesn’t know what to talk to women about if he doesn’t plan on sleeping with them. The “lonely, single man,” forced into such solitude by ungodly modern women, finds himself in a terrible conflict. Boo-hoo.

https://ferrarsundfields.de/2022/09/04/ ... ingle-men/
doubtingthomas
God

Re: (Megathread) PhD Researcher: Women are way pickier these days, Red Pill is right about some things.

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:20 pm
You are the one who keeps complaining. I made your wish come true by asking the mods to merge these threads, but it's clear you are someone who is very ungrateful in life.

Anyways, read this and stop blaming tik tok. Thank you.
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:02 am
Introduction to Megathread (3/15/23):

I said I was no longer going to start new threads about these topics, but I want Marcus to be happy, so I'll create one final thread, a Megathread. The mods are free to merge all the other threads here if they want but don't change the name, please.

As for me, this will be my final post on these topics. I'll get therapy, not because there's something wrong with me, but to simply be happier in life. What Res Ipsa said about training my brain to be happier makes a lot of sense.

Here are my final thoughts.

1. A Journalist and anti-sexual violence activist said that women are too picky these days. She acknowledged that most men are unattractive to women. https://youtu.be/rfZEoy0Q3zE?t=1016

2. A PhD student (James) is researching the manosphere. He says that women are a lot picker these days and that the Red Pill is right about some things. I disagree with the Red Pill on most things, but not everything that the Red Pill says is inaccurate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0omHcJLOtv0
https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-kunz-35ab8b44
https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Day-Debate/dp/B08LMLL5ZH

3. According to OkCupid study, 80% of Men are unattractive to women. The study is not scientific and it may be that men are also very picky. However, keep in mind that a lot of models, sex workers, and scammers target men on dating apps, and that skews the data.

In conclusion,

4. I think all the pickiness will contribute to the birth rate crisis in the US. The pickiness will also contribute to the increased incidence of GDM and childhood diabetes. Lastly, all the pickiness is rapidly increasing the number of single women over 40. There's no need for women to be too picky for the wrong reasons, heterosexual women should give good men like me a chance.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:20 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:57 pm
The fact that young women are too picky is causing a lot of problems...
doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:29 pm
You are the one who keeps complaining. I made your wish come true by asking the mods to merge these threads, but it's clear you are someone who is very ungrateful in life....
Lol. Every single time, you betray where you get your information:
...Men within this [Manosphere] community aren't happy with society and the way that only women benefit from relationships and intimacy, whilst men are destroyed, forced to only be intimate when their partner wants to and constantly has to sacrifice time, effort and money for 'ungrateful women'. These men don't want girlfriends or wives, they want causal sex partners who wait at their beck and call, but somehow think belittling, disrespecting and humiliating women is the way to gain this. They believe feminism takes away a man's purpose, making them feel unwanted and disposable...

https://vocal.media/viva/here-s-what-mi ... patriarchy
Marcus
God

Re: Women eventually stop caring about looks, says Dr. Grande.

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:59 pm
Marcus wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:56 pm
I was referring to the "special condition" whereby a moderator's personal opinion about who is the biggest troll on this entire forum, and the same moderator's personal discussion of the official circumstances regarding why they, in their official capacity as moderator, can't or don't moderate that person, are in a thread titled "rules and moderator information", pinned to the top of the forum. Your argument that because you discussed your position and decision making process as a moderator in black ink means you are just making personal remarks is specious and facile.

If you really stand by this argument, then split that part of the discussion into an unPINNED thread, not started by a red moderator statement.
Done.
Thank you.

Eta: And the title of the moved posts, beginning with res ipsa's egregious attack on a poster is titled:
Res Ipsa says words about trolling -- people react

:lol: Now that's some masterful trolling. Canpakes, i think someone is angling for our gold and silver!
Last edited by Marcus on Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gadianton
God

Re: (Megathread) PhD Researcher: Women are way pickier these days, Red Pill is right about some things

Post by Gadianton »

As for the CNN report, didn't it say that the top 20% of men get 60% of all the attention?
I watched the CNN report, and in response, you fired a number of other reports at me -- I'm not going to read all of them.

The CNN report might have said this, if it's important enough, I'll go back and check, but the CNN report was clear that the economic decline of young men is the driving factor, with a second being the broken nature of apps. and so I assume that 20% are men who are on average doing well financially. It made the point that many good looking guys are passed over on the apps.

Even if it is the case that women are getting super picky on looks, which seems to be the general case you're trying to make, contrary to the articles you cite, who cares? It's their choice. Should I worry about that more than about people liking fast food? Good 'ole MG 2.0 just read a study saying that secular Zoomers are giving less to charity than religious kids. Should I worry about that too?

One thing you'll have to learn is that you can't change people. You can't win somebody's affection because you have some argument showing that they should like you instead of the Chad, even if you're right.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: (Megathread) PhD Researcher: Women are way pickier these days, Red Pill is right about some things

Post by doubtingthomas »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:04 am
I assume that 20% are men who are on average doing well financially. It made the point that many good looking guys are passed over on the apps.
Maybe. Are 60% of women on the apps doing well financially?
Gadianton wrote:
with a second being the broken nature of apps
True. Alex (a dating coach) made several experiments on dating apps. In one experiment, he asked a woman who is morbidly obese and a man who is a super attractive model to make a Tinder profile. The results showed that the woman did four times better than the male model.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XHdO4uMD2Us.

I recommend you read this article, it directly says that women are "too picky".

https://www.eviemagazine.com/post/datin ... ng-reasons
Gadianton wrote:
who cares?
You are right, I should just stop caring. However, several problems are created when people are too picky for the wrong reasons.

1. US birth rates are at record lows.
2. Incidence of GDM and childhood diabetes is increasing.
3. The number of single women over 40 is rapidly increasing.
Gadianton wrote:
One thing you'll have to learn is that you can't change people.
True, that's why I am done.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Done. No more.
doubtingthomas
God

People who get easily offended

Post by doubtingthomas »

Mormons are people who easily get offended when new research challenges their beliefs. Mormons value their feelings more than they value reason. Mormons aren't interested in other points of view and will never accept the overwhelming evidence against the Book of Mormon.

I am glad the ex-Mormon community is past that. Ex-Mormons tend to be open-minded and gladly embrace new research that challenges their beliefs and ideologies. My fellow ex-Mormons tend to value medical science and statistics. Right? :lol:

After all, we are always pointing out stats that make the church look bad.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: People who get easily offended

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
drumdude
God

Re: People who get easily offended

Post by drumdude »

Yes. Recently archeologists discovered horses, steel swords, chariots, and a city that could sustain a population of 2 million at a location that Mormon apologists have been speculating could be the site of Zarahemla.

There were Hebrew inscriptions, and a large transoceanic vessel buried under the sand nearby. Gold plates with a genealogy and history of the Jewish people around 600BC were uncovered in a large stone vessel.

Based on this new evidence, I've asked my local bishop to schedule my rebaptism.