doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Shocking NEW study compares male virginity to wealth inequality. Researcher says the unequal distribution is a threa

Post by Marcus »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:23 pm
Scientists might postulate that money has some effect on sexual acceptance by the human female.
Really. "the human female." :roll:

And what might scientists postulate about the penguin idiot?
Marcus
God

Re: Shocking NEW study compares male virginity to wealth inequality. Researcher says the unequal distribution is a threa

Post by Marcus »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:16 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:23 pm
Does it always have to be about my personal life?
It is when you make repeated posts regarding incel culture. We start to wonder about your motives for doing it so often.
Aren't you worried about more violence in the US?
Here’s an excerpt from a May 2022 interview that addresses how these topics may arise:

Can you talk about the idea of a "men's crisis," and how that gets expressed through ideas of male victimization and female privilege?

Ebin: Something happens with the deployment of an ideology of victimhood that allows movements to position themselves as always being defensive and reacting to aggression coming from the opposing side. We see this in the idea of a crisis for men: If we position men as victims, then there necessarily is a responsible party, a perpetrator. And using that victim/perpetrator framework allows men to then claim that what they're seeking is not to subjugate or dominate, but only to defend themselves.

... They always present themselves as defenders of something rather than as aggressors. It's fundamentally a false narrative and a strategy to distract from the fact that they're seeking domination.

https://www.salon.com/2022/05/10/misogy ... far-right/
some background on the interviewees:
[They are editors of and contributors to]..a new scholarly book, "Male Supremacism in the United States: From Patriarchal Traditionalism to Misogynist Incels and the Alt-Right," released this month as part of a Routledge series on fascism and the far right. The book, a collection of essays and studies from 14 academics and researchers, was edited by Emily Carian, Alex DiBranco and Chelsea Ebin. All three are among the cofounders of the Institute for Research on Male Supremacism, a first-of-its-kind center launched in 2019 to address a gap in scholarship on how organized misogyny serves as a vital cornerstone of right-wing activism.

https://www.salon.com/2022/05/10/misogy ... far-right/
i don't think DT is dangerous, but he does seem to get his ideas and discussion methods squarely from some of the groups discussed in this book.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Ref Jordan Peterson … he’s become a right-wing grifter. I’ve watched and read enough of his material to understand his grift is pop psychology mixed with basic CBT, but it's aimed at the Alt-Right, bro culture, incel, and bootstrap crowd; they eat it up. He’s also masking his tradcon Christian beliefs with pop-political hot takes with a touch of misogyny (saying things like women are naturally more neurotic and unstable to explain, for example, thus they don't understand how to negotiate better salaries). He also said a bunch of stuff about drug addicts being undisciplined losers while being an addict himself, and deciding to detox in the stupidest possible way that gave him brain damage. Don’t even get me started on his own family, his dynamic with his wife, and the metaphor of his two-toned suit he wore on Joe Rogan’s podcast - good, Lord.

DT, you’re down a road without many exits. Perhaps I’ll offer an alternative ‘road map’ if I feel up to it. Imma go snow shoeing in a bit, so I don’t know if I have the energy to put energy into you that you’ll ignore and won’t reference for later meditation.

edit: Before I discuss anything with you, I request you read Miyamoto Musashi’s The Book of Five Rings. You’ll understand why once you read, and hopefully re-read the book.

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Progressive Democrat thinks Democrats are to blame for the rise of Tate

Post by doubtingthomas »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:48 am
1. Can Andrew Tate be responsible in any way for Andrew Tate?

2. Are the political sentiments of his followers and supporters more closely aligned with ‘the right’, or ‘the left’?
2. The Right.

But did you watch the video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vn5zVGGJz4

The guy in the video is a progressive Democrat, he doesn't have a hidden agenda against the Left.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Father Francis wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:51 am
You really think it's OK for a 20 year old to be with a 14 year old? If that isn't unsettling you need your head chacked.
With all due respect Father, but perhaps you should look up the definition of a "woman".

A younger woman is not a young child. Or is she? Was the virgin Mary a child when she had Jesus at age 12?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:16 am
In order to have an opinion about this "Andrew Tate" character I'd first have to know, or care, who the Hell he is.
Someone who had billions of views on social media.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:01 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:23 pm
It makes sense, but most prostitutes are over 40.
How do you know? From personal experience perhaps? ;)
:lol: I've never been with a prostitute, but I have been to a lot of strip clubs. Most of the strippers in their 20s are not from the US.

I've seen them on the street. You can also see them in documentaries and movies.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:17 pm
Ref Peterson … he’s become a right-wing grifter. I’ve watched and read enough of his material to understand his grift is pop psychology mixed with basic CBT,
- Doc
I am still interested in your opinion about this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vn5zVGGJz4

The guy in the video is not a right-winger at all, he's on the other end.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:45 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:17 pm
Ref Peterson … he’s become a right-wing grifter. I’ve watched and read enough of his material to understand his grift is pop psychology mixed with basic CBT,
- Doc

I’m not interested in anything Vaush has to say about anything. Before I discuss anything with you, I request you read Miyamoto Musashi’s The Book of Five Rings. You’ll understand why once you read, and hopefully re-read the book.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:05 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:45 am

I’m not interested in anything Vaush has to say about anything. Before I discuss anything with you, I request you read Miyamoto Musashi’s The Book of Five Rings. You’ll understand why once you read, and hopefully re-read the book.

- Doc
Wow that elicited a gut-level reaction from me. I better understand the proverb about pearls and swine at a visceral level...