doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: (Megathread) PhD Researcher: Women are way pickier these days, Red Pill is right about some things

Post by canpakes »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:19 am
canpakes wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:57 am

Meanwhile, it’s not exactly an unknown phenomenon that older fellows seek out younger partners, including those that have been through a divorce. Does that make older men generally choosier than women? Doesn’t this bust the claims you’ve been asserting about how choosy women are ruining everything? ; )
I agree older men are choosier than women. According to a study, men get choosier with age, but women (on average) lower their standards.
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/1 ... 7618771081

We should be very concerned about the fact that the number of single women over 40 is rapidly growing. Most women want to have children and a family.
I’m concerned about a lot of things. I don’t see a government or academia-provided solution to “the number of single women over 40 rapidly growing”. If you’re mentioning it (or just rabbit-trailing), then what - exactly - is ‘the’ problem, and ‘the’ solution?
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:42 pm
Society allowing men in their early 20s to talk to younger women (of legal age) would reduce the number of single men.
canpakes wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:57 am
That’s nice. In some states, “allowing men in their early 20s” to talk to 13 year olds might also ‘reduce the number of single men’. And just which party is that beneficial to?
doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:19 am
How do you explain this? "More than 60 percent of young men are single, nearly twice the rate of unattached young women,"
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... n-are-not/
Because they’re all trying to date 17-year olds?

Why did you ignore my question and decide instead to distract with another?
doubtingthomas
God

Re: (Megathread) PhD Researcher: Women are way pickier these days, Red Pill is right about some things

Post by doubtingthomas »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:29 am
Nope, society no longer allows young men in their early 20s to date younger women (of legal age). However, the number of young men dating women over 40 is rapidly increasing. Why? Because young men in their 20s and women over 40 are the loneliest groups.
canpakes wrote:
I’m concerned about a lot of things. I don’t see a government or academia-provided solution to “the number of single women over 40 rapidly growing”. If you’re mentioning it (or just rabbit-trailing), then what - exactly - is ‘the’ problem, and ‘the’ solution?
There are a lot of problems, like the declining birth rate, for example.

I have mentioned some solutions. For example universities can stop discriminating against young men so more 'economically-attractive' men are available for women.

"Lack of ‘economically-attractive’ men to blame for decline in marriage rates, study suggests"
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-styl ... 98956.html
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:46 am
canpakes wrote:
Nope, society no longer allows young men in their early 20s to date younger women (of legal age).
Your comment about ‘society’ has no basis in fact, but the other observation arguably remains plausible. Many ‘younger’ men in their 20’s seem to be lonely because they’re all pining away for 17-year-olds that they’re fixated on, for some unexplained reason. In other words, they’re lonely because they’re being too choosy. ; )

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:46 am
canpakes wrote:
There are a lot of problems, like the declining birth rate, for example.

I have mentioned some solutions. For example universities can stop discriminating against young men so more 'economically-attractive' men are available for women.

"Lack of ‘economically-attractive’ men to blame for decline in marriage rates, study suggests"
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-styl ... 98956.html
The difference in the number of graduates from college in 2019 favored women by just several percentage points overall, and numerically by approximately 200,000. How is that going to explain your ‘twice as many females in relationships than males’ claim?

As well, males drop out of high school and college at higher rates than women. Why does this suggest to you that programs existing to assist women in college should be terminated on the basis of discrimination?
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:04 am

Your comment about ‘society’ has no basis in fact, but the other observation arguably remains plausible. Many ‘younger’ men in their 20’s seem to be lonely because they’re all lining away for 17-year-olds that they’re fixated on, for some unexplained reason. In other words, they’re lonely because they’re being too choosy. ; )
The dating app data isn't showing that. Several studies conclude that young women are pickier than young men.

Men are lonely because there are a lot more young, single men than young, single women. Simple.
Many ‘younger’ men in their 20s seem to be lonely because they’re all pining away for 17-year-olds
There are many reasons why young men are lonelier than young women.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:28 am
canpakes wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:04 am

Your comment about ‘society’ has no basis in fact, but the other observation arguably remains plausible. Many ‘younger’ men in their 20’s seem to be lonely because they’re all lining away for 17-year-olds that they’re fixated on, for some unexplained reason. In other words, they’re lonely because they’re being too choosy. ; )
The dating app data isn't showing that. Several studies conclude that young women are pickier than young men.

Men are lonely because there are a lot more young, single men than young, single women. Simple.
OK, then. Problem resolved. Make more women, or export more men to another country.
Many ‘younger’ men in their 20s seem to be lonely because they’re all pining away for 17-year-olds
There are many reasons why young men are lonelier than young women.
Wait. Above, you gave the reason. Now, you’re changing your mind? : D

One of the issues here is that you’re using pretty squishy language. What is ‘lonely’? What does that mean to any one ‘young man’ or ‘young woman’?
Doctor Steuss
God

Re: People who get easily offended

Post by Doctor Steuss »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:30 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:22 pm

I cannot read the study by "Alexander," because the Twitter user, named "Alexander" who is a self-proclaimed researcher only shared a bunch of screen shots that purport to be from a study that he doesn't appear to name, or link to.
You know damned well that he is an aggressive critic of the Red Pill and an aggressive defender of feminism. Why would an aggressive critic of the Red Pill make stuff up about that? There's no need for your dishonesty.
How to tell me you didn't read his blog without telling me you didn't read his blog.

"Far-left." lmfao

(Then again, given your reading comprehension, and information synthesis abilities, there's a chance you've read his blog religiously multiple times. Care to guess how many times this "agressive defender" mentions feminism on his website?)
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

On February 4th, DT stated he’d get therapy - not to mention the many, many times before he stated he’d get therapy. It’s now March 27th, and he still hasn’t gone to therapy.

:?:

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
doubtingthomas
God

I am very concerned about women

Post by doubtingthomas »

More women are single than ever before and it’s costing them a lot of money. The share of never-married women increased by 20% according to a new report.
https://fortune.com/2023/03/18/record-n ... gle-costs/

I wonder what the future is going to look like 20 years from now. Fivethirtyeight discusses some of the pros and cons of the low birth rate in the US.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ho ... a-problem/

Sadly, the number of families is shrinking.

Okay, this is going to be my last post and thread in Spirit Paradise.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: I am very concerned about women

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Marcus
God

Re: I am very concerned about women

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:14 am
More women are single than ever before and it’s costing them a lot of money. The share of never-married women increased by 20% according to a new report.
https://fortune.com/2023/03/18/record-n ... gle-costs/

I wonder what the future is going to look like 20 years from now. Fivethirtyeight discusses some of the pros and cons of the low birth rate in the US.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ho ... a-problem/

Sadly, the number of families is shrinking.

Okay, this is going to be my last post and thread in Spirit Paradise.
So, yet another thread on the "mating and dating habits of young women." Did you miss the memo??
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:08 pm
DT, you started a new mega thread yesterday and, at your request, I combined all the threads you've recently started on the general topic of mating and dating habits of young women. This thread reads like a continuation of that topic, combined with personal grievances over the fact that people disagreed with you in that thread. Please do not start new threads that are related to or are continuations of issues discussed in your mega thread.

Thanks.