doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Dirty Politics and cherry-picking. I don't read or listen to right-wing propaganda.

Post by doubtingthomas »

honorentheos wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:37 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:29 am
This disgusting behavior has been going on for far too long.
For sure. Yet you don't ever seem to really try to change despite the blatant calling out you receive for it
What the hell do you want me to change?

I understand people are getting tired of these topics ( and so am I), but what do you want me to change? Explain. How is my thinking predatory?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

"How 'ghosting' is linked to mental health" - Washington Post

Post by doubtingthomas »

"How 'ghosting' is linked to mental health" - Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... al-health/

"And as online dating, dating apps and other social technologies grow in popularity, so does the likelihood that someone is left on read after a few dates. Yet despite its frequent occurrence, little is known about why people ghost or the psychological effects of this social phenomenon."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 113427.htm

And who is 150% more likely to ghost? :lol:

https://www.bustle.com/p/women-are-more ... at-8963133

This new information is extremely important and hopefully, this thread doesn't get thrown into the trash can (Megathread).
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Re: "How 'ghosting' is linked to mental health" - Washington Post

Post by doubtingthomas »

I swear this is the last thread about these topics.

I am going to therapy to be happier, not because there's something wrong with me.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:56 am
This new information is extremely important . . .
Why is it "extremely important?"
. . . and hopefully, this thread doesn't get thrown into the trash can (Megathread).
The megathread's purpose is to reverse your tendency to turn the Spirit Paradise forum into a trash can.

Worry not, people can read your posts within this thread with precisely the same ease that they can outside of it.
And I counter-swear that it won't be.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:38 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:56 am
This new information is extremely important . . .
Why is it "extremely important?"
. . . and hopefully, this thread doesn't get thrown into the trash can (Megathread).
The megathread's purpose is to reverse your tendency to turn the Spirit Paradise forum into a trash can.

Worry not, people can read your posts within this thread with precisely the same ease that they can outside of it.
And I counter-swear that it won't be.
Indeed, Dr. Shades, this thread has been at or near the top of the "new posts" list for days and days and days and days.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:15 am

I am going to therapy to be happier, not because there's something wrong with me.
On February 4th, DT stated he’d get therapy - not to mention the many, many times before he stated he’d get therapy. It’s now March 29th, and he still hasn’t gone to therapy. He’s mentally ill, and needs a professional to help him break this feedback loop he’s been in for 5+ years.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Marcus
God

Re: People are less likely read "Megathreads"

Post by Marcus »

The information shared by canpakes was very informative:
canpakes wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:09 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:00 am
Megathreads slows down conversations because there are no new headlines. Less people read them.

Not true.
“Recent studies have shown that discussion board so-called ‘megathreads’ garner more interest than non-combined (unmega) threads. Participation rates often exceed 112% of all board participants, causing megathreads to remain visible at the top of topic listings, due to this increase in traffic over single-issue threads. Megathreads combining multiple same single issues (megamonothreads) further increase participation by a factor of 1.7x, especially - and inexplicably- on Tuesdays and Wednesdays ...”
It must be the Wednesday thing....

(If I recall the Addams family story line, apropos of Doc's point, Lurch couldn't stop once he started. Hmmm......)
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:10 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:15 am

On February 4th, DT stated he’d get therapy - not to mention the many, many times before he stated he’d get therapy. It’s now March 29th, and he still hasn’t gone to therapy. He’s mentally ill, and needs a professional to help him break this feedback loop he’s been in for 5+ years.

- Doc
I doubt he will. I think he simply says whatever he thinks will get people to pay attention to him.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:38 am

A trash can for sharing news articles and studies? I shared a very important article published in Washington Post about mental health, how is that trash?

The Spirit Paradise is turning turns into a trash can with the way Marcus and others react. Those people aren't interested in an honest discussion.

BS!
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:12 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:10 pm

- Doc
I doubt he will. I think he simply says whatever he thinks will get people to pay attention to him.
Send me your snapchat to I can prove that I am seeing a therapist.

And why the hell does it matter? There's nothing wrong with me and I am simply sharing studies and news articles.