doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

I am very concerned about women

Post by doubtingthomas »

More women are single than ever before and it’s costing them a lot of money. The share of never-married women increased by 20% according to a new report.
https://fortune.com/2023/03/18/record-n ... gle-costs/

I wonder what the future is going to look like 20 years from now. Fivethirtyeight discusses some of the pros and cons of the low birth rate in the US.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ho ... a-problem/

Sadly, the number of families is shrinking.

This thread is not about the dating habits of young women, please don't silence me. This thread is about a new report.

Please let this be my last post and thread on Spirit Paradise.

So, yet another thread on the "mating and dating habits of young women." Did you miss the memo??
That's very manipulative and dishonest and a method to silence the people you dislike.

DT, I moved this ‘new topic’ into the megathread, as you’ve already started discussions within it on the relationship status and woes of dating women. Doing so in no way ‘silences you’. -cp-
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Res Ipsa
God

Re: I am very concerned about women

Post by Res Ipsa »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:04 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:14 am
More women are single than ever before and it’s costing them a lot of money. The share of never-married women increased by 20% according to a new report.
https://fortune.com/2023/03/18/record-n ... gle-costs/

I wonder what the future is going to look like 20 years from now. Fivethirtyeight discusses some of the pros and cons of the low birth rate in the US.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ho ... a-problem/

Sadly, the number of families is shrinking.

Okay, this is going to be my last post and thread in Spirit Paradise.
So, yet another thread on the "mating and dating habits of young women." Did you miss the memo??
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:08 pm
DT, you started a new mega thread yesterday and, at your request, I combined all the threads you've recently started on the general topic of mating and dating habits of young women. This thread reads like a continuation of that topic, combined with personal grievances over the fact that people disagreed with you in that thread. Please do not start new threads that are related to or are continuations of issues discussed in your mega thread.

Thanks.
As an aside, it is perfectly fine to use red when quoting a moderator who posted in red. I appreciate your caution in using blue instead of red in a previous quote, but what you did here is perfectly ok.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
doubtingthomas
God

People are less likely read "Megathreads"

Post by doubtingthomas »

Megathreads slows down conversations because there are no new headlines. Less people read them.

What a retarded way to silence people. It's clear people here only care about their feelings.

Go to Hell!

"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
canpakes
God

Re: People are less likely read "Megathreads"

Post by canpakes »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:00 am
Megathreads slows down conversations because there are no new headlines. Less people read them.

Not true.
“Recent studies have shown that discussion board so-called ‘megathreads’ garner more interest than non-combined (unmega) threads. Participation rates often exceed 112% of all board participants, causing megathreads to remain visible at the top of topic listings, due to this increase in traffic over single-issue threads. Megathreads combining multiple same single issues (megamonothreads) further increase participation by a factor of 1.7x, especially - and inexplicably- on Tuesdays and Wednesdays ...”
Kishkumen
God

Re: (Megathread) PhD Researcher: Women are way pickier these days, Red Pill is right about some things

Post by Kishkumen »

If the world population decreases, that will probably be a good thing.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Res Ipsa
God

Re: (Megathread) PhD Researcher: Women are way pickier these days, Red Pill is right about some things

Post by Res Ipsa »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:27 pm
If the world population decreases, that will probably be a good thing.
As I understand the demographic projections, that will happen around the turn of the century, if not before. The U.S. is below replacement rate today, and many European countries are as well. China, too, if I recall correctly. Japan is one of the most extreme cases.

Population growth will primarily be in Africa, which has a very young population.

Climate change is the wild card.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Go Africa!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
doubtingthomas
God

Dirty Politics and cherry-picking. I don't read or listen to right-wing propaganda.

Post by doubtingthomas »

A certain individual is trying very hard to make me look like a white supremacist incel.

I want to make it very clear that I don't follow or agree with white supremacists, incels, and red pillers. I only follow some left-leaning pick-up artists and some researchers, but I don't agree with them completely. I don't follow any right-wingers.

The strategy of that individual is to silence me, to put new topics on a stupid mega-thread so no one reads them, and to attack me with insults.

I never requested new topics to be put in a mega-thread.

That person is manipulating the mods and special rules seem to apply only to me.

How disgusting! I am really about to stop participating on this board, even if things change here.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Dirty Politics and cherry-picking. I don't read or listen to right-wing propaganda.

Post by doubtingthomas »

This disgusting behavior has been going on for far too long.
honorentheos
God

Re: Dirty Politics and cherry-picking. I don't read or listen to right-wing propaganda.

Post by honorentheos »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:29 am
This disgusting behavior has been going on for far too long.
For sure. Yet you don't ever seem to really try to change despite the blatant calling out you receive for it