doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Progressive Democrat thinks Democrats are to blame for the rise of Tate

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:01 am

DT, you’ve rejected all advice given to you and continue to exist in this incel headspace. You’re caught in your own gravity well of your own making. Your path will lead to more suffering. Get off it.

- Doc
I understand Doc, but you have to respond to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vn5zVGGJz4

Do you think Democrats should be blamed for the rise of the Red Pill and Tate?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

This thread isn't about what Jordan Peterson thinks. Nice derailment, Marcus.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Shocking NEW study compares male virginity to wealth inequality. Researcher says the unequal distribution is a threa

Post by doubtingthomas »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:21 am
In most cultures and countries, young men in their early 20s are allowed to talk to younger women, nobody judges them. In the US, the law does allow young men in their early 20s to talk to younger women, it's society that doesn't allow them.
Just for clarification, there's nothing unsettling about that, Marcus.
Marcus
God

Re: Shocking NEW study compares male virginity to wealth inequality. Researcher says the unequal distribution is a threa

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:41 am
This thread isn't about what Jordan Peterson thinks. Nice derailment, Marcus.
The paper you referenced in the OP isn’t a study, and it’s not research. It’s an editorial. It refers to some studies, but the main point is captured in the part that I already quoted that referred to the Jordan paper. From the concluding paragraphs:
Sexual loneliness has nevertheless become a pressing public health problem that needs serious bioethical analysis and thoughtful solutions. These bioethical analyses could include (but perhaps should not be limited to) critical evaluations of claims made by opposing ideological camps.

For instance, consider the following claim, raised by Jordan Peterson: societies should alleviate sexual loneliness by enforcing socially-promoted and culturally-inculcated monogamy.16

Philosophical bioethicists could make valuable contributions to the discussion by analyzing claims like the one above and evaluating whether they are logically consistent and conceptually coherent with the agent’s other commitments.17

The results could remain conditional: “If you want this-and-this, you ought (not) to do that-and-that.”
That last bit sounds a lot like Doc’s advice.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:35 am
Do you think Democrats should be blamed for the rise of the Red Pill and Tate?
1. Can Andrew Tate be responsible in any way for Andrew Tate?

2. Are the political sentiments of his followers and supporters more closely aligned with ‘the right’, or ‘the left’?
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:23 pm
It makes sense, but most prostitutes are over 40.
How do you know? From personal experience perhaps? ;)
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:51 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:21 am
In most cultures and countries, young men in their early 20s are allowed to talk to younger women, nobody judges them. In the US, the law does allow young men in their early 20s to talk to younger women, it's society that doesn't allow them.
Just for clarification, there's nothing unsettling about that, Marcus.
If I caught a guy in his early 20's talking to my soon to be high school aged (14 yo next week) daughter a talking to would be the last conversation they had with me. I'm not saying I'd kill them, but that they would be in handcuffs and rightly in jail awaiting sentence. At my age 18 year old girls look like adolescent. Even at the age of 18 middle school girls looked too young. That's because they are. You really think it's OK for a 20 year old to be with a 14 year old? If that isn't unsettling you need your head chacked.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Does it always have to be about my personal life?
It is when you make repeated posts regarding incel culture. We start to wonder about your motives for doing it so often.
Aren't you worried about more violence in the US?
Not anymore.
I want to know your opinion about this.
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:16 pm

A popular progressive Democrat blames Democrats for the rise of Andrew Tate. What do you think about that? Do you agree Democrats are to blame?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vn5zVGGJz4
In order to have an opinion about this "Andrew Tate" character I'd first have to know, or care, who the Hell he is.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:16 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
Does it always have to be about my personal life?
It is when you make repeated posts regarding incel culture. We start to wonder about your motives for doing it so often.
Aren't you worried about more violence in the US?
Not anymore.
I want to know your opinion about this.
In order to have an opinion about this "Andrew Tate" character I'd first have to know, or care, who the Hell he is.
I'm surprised you haven't heard about him. He is very much in the news now. He is an ex-kickboxer who has been involved in and arrested for sex-trafficking, kidnapping, raping and imprisoning women. I suggest you google him. He is a misogynistic and sadistic monster who regards women as nothing but sexual objects to be exploited and dominated for his own pleasure and profit.
Last edited by Gunnar on Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Scientists might postulate that money has some effect on sexual acceptance by the human female.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace