doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Shocking NEW study compares male virginity to wealth inequality. Researcher says the unequal distribution is a threa

Post by ajax18 »

Doubting Thomas nobody on the left nor the right gives a damn about the sexual needs of young men. You keep chasing something that just isn't there (and isn't really there for most men even though they don't realize it yet) and in the process you're losing the joy you could have with your freedom from the the responsibilties, heartache, and costs of having a woman. You could always take up your cross and follow the Lord's path, but I wouldn't even consider getting into any kind of a relationship until you're ready to do that. It's just not worth it brother. And that's true even for wealthy men.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Shocking NEW study compares male virginity to wealth inequality. Researcher says the unequal distribution is a threa

Post by Dr. Shades »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:39 am
Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:16 am
In order to have an opinion about this "Andrew Tate" character I'd first have to know, or care, who the Hell he is.
Someone who had billions of views on social media.
??? Gunnar just said,
He is an ex-kickboxer who has been involved in and arrested for sex-trafficking, kidnapping, raping and imprisoning women. . . He is a misogynistic and sadistic monster who regards women as nothing but sexual objects to be exploited and dominated for his own pleasure and profit.
Why would a lowlife such as that have billions of views on social media??
Most of the strippers in their 20s are not from the US.
How would you know where they're from?
ajax18 wrote:Doubting Thomas nobody on the left nor the right gives a damn about the sexual needs of young men.
He's right. You see, people don't care about the risks to society posed by young males not having their sexual needs met (or about feminism causing an uptick in gestational diabetes) because everyone is too busy trying to ensure that their own sexual needs are being met. It's all about priorities, wouldn't you say?

Make peace with the fact that society isn't going to find a woman for you, no matter how hard you try to guilt-trip it into doing so.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Manetho
Valiant B

Post by Manetho »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:39 am
Why would a lowlife such as that have billions of views on social media??
From an article in the Guardian (link):
Tate, 36, a US-British citizen who came to public attention when he was thrown off the reality show Big Brother in 2016, likes to pose with a cigar in front of expensive cars and private jets, and often dispenses dubious advice to young men (he once claimed reading books is “for people with slow brains”). But it is his extreme misogyny that has gained him notoriety, prompting fears that boys and young men are being radicalised by his views...

Many secondary school teachers feel they were slow to pick up on Tate’s influence. Last year, they began to notice pupils using phrases they didn’t recognise: “What colour is your Bugatti?” (a way of bragging about status); “Make me a sandwich” (to belittle women and girls).

“Students knew more than teachers in those early stages,” says Lisa McCall, the deputy headteacher at Wales high school in Rotherham. “We were in the dark.” Now that teachers are catching up, they are worried about the corrosive influence of the extreme misogyny espoused by Tate. One says she is concerned about some of the behaviour between boys and their girlfriends in school: one boy was seen pinning his girlfriend to the wall by her shoulder; another was seen trying to confiscate his girlfriend’s phone. “There seems to be an increased need for boys to control girls,” she says. “There’s an expectation from boys that girls are going to do what they tell them to do.”
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:39 am
...You see, people don't care about the risks to society posed by young males not having their sexual needs met...
That's not quite true...
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:23 pm
Aren't you worried about more violence in the US?
If the reaction of some males to not being able to convince certain women to date them manifests in violence, then it’s fair to say that this mindset could have been intuitively sensed by those women as a reason to not have dated them.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:25 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Aren't you worried about more violence in the US?
If the reaction of some males to not being able to convince certain women to date them manifests in violence, then it’s fair to say that this mindset could have been intuitively sensed by those women as a reason to not have dated them.
Nicely put. Women do notice these things. They need to in order to survive.

Sources: my wife, my daughter.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Alphus and Omegus wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:51 am
Legalized prostitution solves most of this issue.
It makes sense, but most prostitutes are over 40.
Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:10 am
In what way does this affect you personally, doubtingthomas?
Does it always have to be about my personal life? Aren't you worried about more violence in the US?

I want to know your opinion about this.
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:16 pm

A popular progressive Democrat blames Democrats for the rise of Andrew Tate. What do you think about that? Do you agree Democrats are to blame?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vn5zVGGJz4
Loneliness and frustration is a lack of emotional connection, friendship and trust which is the exact opposite of what a prostitute will provide no matter what the age of the prostitute.

Thomas I listened to your link to popular progressive democrat. It hardly lives up to your summary of blaming Democrtats for Tate. He makes some observations about how males can have difficulties learning to relate to women as they grow up and he doesn't think democrats have been giving much good advice there. I am unsure if that falls into the area of political policy so I am unsure what politically would help.It does identify a soft spot for infection of right wing extremism to find a start.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:21 am
Marcus wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:58 pm
That highlight is unsettling.
In most cultures and countries, young men in their early 20s are allowed to talk to younger women, nobody judges them. In the US, the law does allow young men in their early 20s to talk to younger women, it's society that doesn't allow them.

You are doing exactly what a progressive democrat is describing here.

He's right, we should blame Democrats (and feminists like you) for the rise of guys like Tate.
DoubtingThomas, every topic you start indicates, unequivocally, that you are getting your information from a very dangerous place:
Incels, or “involuntary celibates,” are young, heterosexual men who blame women and society for their own inability to form romantic or sexual attachments...

The underlying theme of incel ideology is that the current sexual “marketplace” gives women too much freedom to choose their own partners...

The incel worldview hinges on a few key beliefs, which include a number of cryptic terms:

Women will always revert to hypergamy – using sexual or romantic partnerships to elevate one’s own status. In the incel calculus, this means 80 percent of women want to date only the “top” 20 percent of available men, lavishing their attentions on only the best-looking and richest men, and leaving the remaining 80 percent of men (including incels) without a potential partner....

https://www.adl.org/resources/backgroun ... -celibates
and so you can see the history of the movement you follow:
...previous research has noted that the violent and extreme ideology expressed within the
incel subculture is rooted in racist, women-hating and anti-feminist sentiments (Baele, Brace and Coan
2019; Chang 2020; Ging 2017; Hoffman, Ware and Shapiro 2020; Lindsay 2021; Zimmerman, Ryan and
Duriesmith 2018).

https://www.crimejusticejournal.com/art ... /2138/1200
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

You're being used, DT. more from the same article.
Thus, Powell, Stratton and Cameron (2018: 121) emphasised that ‘technology is not just revealing preexisting bigotry within society; rather, technology and society are shaping one another, coalescing in emerging cultures and practices that simultaneously produce and reproduce hate-based harms’. Lumsden and Harmer (2019: 14) agreed and implored us to ‘throw out the well-worn dichotomies of “online versus
offline”, and the “virtual world” versus the “real world”, and instead acknowledge the interconnectedness
and fluid nature of our everyday use of information and communication technologies’.

In this way, incel discourse should not be thought of as a solely online phenomenon or as harmless fun.

Many of such discourses openly endorse harassment, violence and discrimination. These discourses, which will be unpacked throughout the remainder of the article, help fuel and indoctrinate new users into the incel worldview...

https://www.adl.org/resources/backgroun ... -celibates
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:33 pm
DoubtingThomas, every topic you start indicates, unequivocally, that you are getting your information from a very dangerous place:
:roll: The papers I am sharing are not from dangerous Journals. I don't agree with the Red Pill or the Incel community.

The Red Pill believes in the 80 X 20 rule, which is an exaggeration and the Math doesn't add up. The Red Pill believes in religious values, I don't.
The Incels believe that most men will be virgins forever, that's nonsense.

I agree more with the Pick-Up artist community, but I have disagreements with them too.
Marcus wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:41 pm
Thus, Powell, Stratton and Cameron (2018: 121) emphasised that ‘technology is not just revealing preexisting bigotry within society; rather, technology and society are shaping one another, coalescing in emerging cultures and practices that simultaneously produce and reproduce hate-based harms’

In this way, incel discourse should not be thought of as a solely online phenomenon or as harmless fun.
Exactly! That's why everyone here should watch this video.

huckelberry wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:05 pm
Thomas I listened to your link to popular progressive democrat. It hardly lives up to your summary of blaming Democrtats for Tate. He makes some observations about how males can have difficulties learning to relate to women as they grow up and he doesn't think democrats have been giving much good advice there. I am unsure if that falls into the area of political policy so I am unsure what politically would help.It does identify a soft spot for infection of right wing extremism to find a start.
Thank you! He argues that Democrats are ignoring young men.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll: