doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Shocking NEW study compares male virginity to wealth inequality. Researcher says the unequal distribution is a threa

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:03 am
Marcus wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:33 pm
DoubtingThomas, every topic you start indicates, unequivocally, that you are getting your information from a very dangerous place:
:roll: The papers I am sharing are not from dangerous Journals. I don't agree with the Red Pill or the Incel community....
Your arguments and topics in this area belie you. They are virtually identical to the arguments and topics that are championed by that very unhealthy group:
—Incels are heterosexual men who blame women and society for their lack of romantic success

—A subset of the online misogynist “manosphere” that includes Pick Up Artists and Men’s Rights Activists, incels are known for their deep-seated pessimism and profound sense of grievance against women

—The incel ideology is rooted in the belief that women have too much power in the sexual/romantic sphere and ruin incels’ lives by rejecting them…

The underlying theme of incel ideology is that the current sexual “marketplace” gives women too much freedom to choose their own partners. Those partners tend not to be incels, who in turn believe they are being deprived of their sexual birthright...

[They believe] women will always revert to hypergamy…

https://www.adl.org/resources/backgroun ... -celibates
You have argued every one of those points repeatedly. And then there's this:
While feminist scholarship has highlighted the harmful and fallacious social construction of ‘sex roles’, ‘men’s rights’ discourse [has] increasingly
employed this narrowly conservative language as they metamorphized into an overtly angry anti-feminist movement’ (Messner 1998: 2016).

Feminism soon came to be viewed as a plot to cover up the ‘reality’ that it is women who hold power and men who are most oppressed.
https://www.crimejusticejournal.com/article/view/2138
That describes pretty accurately the way you have increasingly referred to me as a feminist who you apparently think has caused every problem you have. Your assertion you don't "believe" in redpill thought doesn't ring true either.
The digital social networks that encompass the contemporary anti-feminist men’s rights milieu are known collectively as the ‘manosphere’, an array of interconnected MRA groups with an online vocal presence who often promote a heteronormative, sexist, misogynistic and, at times, racist belief system (Banet-Weiser and Miltner, 2016; Ging 2017).

Members of these communities adhere to the ‘red pill’ philosophy, which ‘purports to awaken men to feminism’s misandry and brainwashing’ (Ging 2017: 3). ...To be ‘red-pilled’ means to awaken to the realisation that one lives within a reality constructed by feminists to reduce the rights of men and that steps must be taken to fight against it....

Rooted within the ‘pill’ narratives of the manosphere are echoes of biological determinist understandings of gender and race that attempt to challenge contemporary thinking (Ging 2019). These assemblages of online anti-feminist men’s groups utilise almost entirely discredited (or, at the very least, ‘cherry-picked’) interpretations of genetics and neuroscience that explain ‘alpha’ or ‘beta’ forms of masculinity, ‘pick-up strategies’ and justifications for ethnonationalism (Ging 2017, 2019; Greig 2019; Miller-Idris 2020)....

https://www.crimejusticejournal.com/article/view/2138
canpakes
God

Re: Shocking NEW study compares male virginity to wealth inequality. Researcher says the unequal distribution is a threa

Post by canpakes »

DT -

I have a couple of questions for you, if you don’t mind:

1. Do women today have ‘too much choice’ with regard to their ability to choose partners?

2. What should Democrats - or any other labeled group - do that would make dating life easier for the men that you’re referring to?
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:06 pm
DT -

I have a couple of questions for you, if you don’t mind:

1. Do women today have ‘too much choice’ with regard to their ability to choose partners?

2. What should Democrats - or any other labeled group - do that would make dating life easier for the men that you’re referring to?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1612L2FMHo
Jordan Peterson has come up repeatedly in this thread and Thomas has said he does agree with the man for unspecified reasons. Mr Peterson is opinionated enough that a thinking person might have various reactions to him. I checked google for connection to incels for Jordan Peterson and found this. He expresses a feeling of pain for the difficulty young men, some in particular struggle with. He then says women are and should be very picky and demanding in their choice of men.

So clearly Peterson thinks women should have and exercise plenty of choice in partners. Thomas Is that what you disagree with ? Well there could well be other things to disagree with of course.
Mitchell 1919
Nursery

Post by Mitchell 1919 »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:02 am
Study concludes that the number of female partners is more unequally distributed among heterosexual men than the number of male partners is among heterosexual women.
https://philpapers.org/rec/RSNSLA

Researcher cites other studies to point out that the lack of romantic partners is bad for your mental health and the lack of sex is a threat to society. The researcher predicts a violence increase in the United States.

The researcher argues that loneliness today is a public health crisis. I blame hypergamy and the fact that young men in their early 20s aren't allowed to talk to younger women. It's society, not the law, that doesn't allow young men in their early 20s to talk to younger women.

A progressive Democrat blames Democrats for the rise of guys like Andrew Tate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vn5zVGGJz4
The delusional world that can be found in a progressive democrats head is what you find yourself complaining about my sex deprived friend. Majority of democrats suffer from deep-rooted insecurities and lack self-esteem. Democrats feel undeserving of happiness and they want everyone else to wallow in misery with them because in their delusional world, if everyone feels what they feel, the world will become a better place. That's explains what we're experiencing on a daily. A breakdown of societal norms so the delusional democrats can control your speech, your thoughts and ultimately what you're allowed to do. In their delusional world, being able to control the masses will help them find an inner peace. But there will be no happiness in the chaos they are spreading, only misery.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Mitchell 1919 wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:21 pm
The delusional world that can be found in a progressive democrats head is what you find yourself complaining about my sex deprived friend.
Then why is it that it’s right-wing incels and Tate acolytes doing the bitching about not finding girlfriends? ; )
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Mitchell 1919 wrote:
Democrats feel undeserving of happiness and they want everyone else to wallow in misery with them because in their delusional world, if everyone feels what they feel, the world will become a better place.
What a very, very weird point of view. Is it based on any Democrats whom you know personally, I wonder?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Chap wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:54 pm
Mitchell 1919 wrote:
Democrats feel undeserving of happiness and they want everyone else to wallow in misery with them because in their delusional world, if everyone feels what they feel, the world will become a better place.
What a very, very weird point of view. Is it based on any Democrats whom you know personally, I wonder?
Atlantic Mitch is just saying that in (his) delusional world, if everyone feels what he feels, the world will become a better place.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Chap wrote:
Mitchell 1919 wrote:
Obviously not. Republidunces create a fantasy world about “leftists” and then act like that’s reality. It’s mental illness.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Chap wrote:
Mitchell 1919 wrote:
there is a contest, who can make up the silliest insults of Democrats. Best if composed not only of fantasy but confusion. Mitchell being this months winner is yucking it up with his buddy.
Mitchell 1919
Nursery

Post by Mitchell 1919 »

Chap wrote:
Mitchell 1919 wrote:
Yes, of course. Many of my democrat friends find it difficult to find peace.