Fox executive unsure that Maria Bartiromo's "news" program is reliable

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Fox executive unsure that Maria Bartiromo's "news" program is reliable

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

The people at the top of Fox know that they produce biased propaganda that only rubes would believe. They have no respect for their viewers.

David Clark, an executive at the network who is the boss of Maria Bartiromo said he wasn't sure that her show "Sunday Morning Futures" was a reliable source of news, even though it's supposed to be a news show and not opinion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/20 ... OA6RYEUKU4
David Clark, senior vice president for weekend news and programming for Fox News, testified in his deposition that he was responsible for overseeing Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiromo. Asked whether he considered that show to be a “credible source of news,” Clark answered: “I don’t know.”

A Dominion lawyer followed up, incredulously: “You don’t know as the executive in charge of Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiromo, whether her show is a credible source of news?”

Clark replied: “I am going to answer the question yes.”

Clark went on to say that while he believes viewers tune into Sean Hannity’s show because they see it as a credible source of news, Clark himself does not see it as such. “It’s an opinion show,” he said. “It’s not a news show.”

He said the same of Tucker Carlson’s show, testifying that while viewers see it as a credible source of news, Clark personally does not.
No one should believe Fox. Its own leadership won't say that it's credible.

Fox is the furthest thing possible from news. It's nothing remotely equivalent to CNN or MSNBC.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Fox executive unsure that Maria Bartiromo's "news" program is reliable

Post by Res Ipsa »

Interesting. Wasn't she one of the Foxers that complained about the News Division? I checked, and sure enough, Fox labels her show as "news," not "opinion." Given the fact that she is the Fox person who created the Big Lie after reading a crazy e-mail, that's not going to help Fox at trial.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

The texts you're referencing complaining about the supposed news division were between their weekday evening hosts--Ingraham, Carlson, and Hannity. Bartiromo technically works in the "news" division. I'm sure the openly propagandistic primetimers love her show since it's nothing but right-wing pig slop.

Here's another highly revealing quote from the Dominion lawsuit in which Tucker Carlson and his producer were discussing their show via text. Alex Pfeiffer, the producer, showed just what Fox thinks of its viewers when it came to discussing the obviously batshit claims of Sidney Powell:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/ex-tucker-p ... errorists/
“It is so insane but our viewers believe it so addressing again how her stupid Venezuela affidavit isn’t proof might insult them.”
“One funny thing. Dominion was used in Ohio and Florida. Trump won them. Did they forget to rig those or all part of the plan?” he asked.
“This whole thing is surreal. Like negotiating with terrorists, but especially dumb ones. Cousin f—– types not saudi royalty.”
Except for the total MAGA morons like Maria Bartiromo, everyone at Fox thinks people like ajax, atlantic mike, and lowrance are "cousin f***ing" "terrorists" who believe obvious BS.

Imagine wanting to watch a news channel staffed by people who think that only idiots would watch it.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Alphus and Omegus wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 3:36 am
The texts you're referencing complaining about the supposed news division were between their weekday evening hosts--Ingraham, Carlson, and Hannity. Bartiromo technically works in the "news" division. I'm sure the openly propagandistic primetimers love her show since it's nothing but right-wing pig slop.

Here's another highly revealing quote from the Dominion lawsuit in which Tucker Carlson and his producer were discussing their show via text. Alex Pfeiffer, the producer, showed just what Fox thinks of its viewers when it came to discussing the obviously batshit claims of Sidney Powell:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/ex-tucker-p ... errorists/
“It is so insane but our viewers believe it so addressing again how her stupid Venezuela affidavit isn’t proof might insult them.”
“One funny thing. Dominion was used in Ohio and Florida. Trump won them. Did they forget to rig those or all part of the plan?” he asked.
“This whole thing is surreal. Like negotiating with terrorists, but especially dumb ones. Cousin f—– types not saudi royalty.”
Except for the total MAGA morons like Maria Bartiromo, everyone at Fox thinks people like ajax, atlantic mike, and lowrance are "cousin f***ing" "terrorists" who believe obvious B.S..

Imagine wanting to watch a news channel staffed by people who think that only idiots would watch it.
Res Ipsa..... never mind. :lol:
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Trump has been saying this all along. He said if he shot some random person on 5th Ave in broad daylight they'd still support him. He was calling them morons and they lapped it up. Like morons. Classic NPD. Narcissus wasn't in love with himself, but a reflection of himself. His ego relies on the fact that people love him no matter what. His ego is based purely on other's perception. The bigger the audience, the better.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

"I love the poorly educated!"
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Father Francis wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:40 am
Narcissus wasn't in love with himself, but a reflection of himself.
Damn, Father Francis, that's pretty profound. I hadn't thought of it quite that way, but that makes a lot of sense seeing it in black-and-white.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Fox's alternate reality programming has led to much discord. Today's Republicans constantly lie because of this reality distortion.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Moksha wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:47 am
Fox's alternate reality programming has led to much discord. Today's Republicans constantly lie because of this reality distortion.
I think it's the reverse. They lie because they cannot prove their beliefs.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Alphus and Omegus wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:26 am
Moksha wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:47 am
I think it's the reverse. They lie because they cannot prove their beliefs.
Could be, but what if their beliefs were based on a steady stream of misinformation they have been fed for the last 30 years? Beliefs based on misinformation cannot be proven in the real world.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace