Tramp Says he is being Arrested on Tuesday

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Tramp Says he is being Arrested on Tuesday

Post by canpakes »

So, who’s goin’ to Waco tomorrow?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Trump said, "There will be death and destruction if I'm arrested."
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

canpakes wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:23 am
So, who’s goin’ to Waco tomorrow?
Probably mostly (if not only) wackos.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
High Spy
Regional Representative

Re: Tramp Says

Post by High Spy »

Dr. Sunstoned wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:42 am
On a personal note, yesterday evening the wife and I opened the Champagne to celebrate the upcoming Trump indictment.
Did you enjoy drinking sour grapes?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

And we are off...
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Tramp Says

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

High Spy wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:19 am
Dr. Sunstoned wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:42 am
On a personal note, yesterday evening the wife and I opened the Champagne to celebrate the upcoming Trump indictment.
Did you enjoy drinking sour grapes?
:lol:
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

I wonder if he'll get the handcuffed perp walk he's supposedly been adamant about getting, or if the Secret Service will be able to talk sense to the nutter, and figure another way for him to perform and milk his cult.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

I think this demonstrates the danger in letting your in real life political beliefs be known, especially for conservatives. I had to have this talk with my daughter who as kids foolishly do repeated some facts I gave her about Barack Obama during holy Black History Month. She was upset but I think she's learned a valuable lesson in life and the danger of allowing your political beliefs or of those close to you be known to anyone on the other side of the aisle. There is real danger in even stating facts that cut against the leftist narrative that has taken control of nearly all American institutions. No disagreement is tolerated. When I was in school it was just a bad grade on your English or history paper. Then when I returned as a teacher during the Bush administration political topics and speech were strictly forbidden. Gone were the days I grew up in where one was allowed to present facts and debate. But now it's gone a step further for my daughter. Politics comes up quite often in school nowadays and anyone unwilling to repeat and celebrate the Democratic party line is in a lot more danger than just a bad grade or even losing your job and being forced out of your chosen profession. With the weaponization of the justice department by the Democratic party your property and your freedom can be taken away very quickly. Just show them the man and they'll find a crime. And as long as a group of liberal elite Maoists Democrat strongholds like Washington D.C., New York City, San Francisco, Chicago etc. vote for it you can be hauled off in handcuffs for refusing to bow your head and regurgitate the Democrat party line and the Constitution can't do one damn thing to protect you from the tyrannical majority anymore. If they can do it to Trump, how much easier will it be for them to do it to a little girl who mistakenly repeated some facts that her Dad told her. This is where we're at.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Strange. Both of my parents are very conservative. They instilled within me their conservative values and beliefs. I espoused those views throughout school. I never voted for a single Democrat or Independant until my mid 20's. I regularly disagree with some friends that I lean further right/center than they do. I've never experienced any problems.

My nieces and nephews are all in school, and for the most part are very conservative. They've never experienced any problems.

Perhaps the problem isn't espousing conservative values and views, but rather sometimes acting like a really weird reality-detached racist dick?

(Incidentally, remind me again what area of the country is actively legislating against the First Amendment?)
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

No, the left is just trying to agitate the populace at this point to see if they're as scared and unwilling to fight back as they think they are.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.