Every Accusation is a Confession

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: Every Accusation is a Confession

Post by Vēritās »

"Democrats believe in cancel culture."

Actually Republicans have been cancelling people for years and perfected the art. From the Dixie Chicks to Colin Kaepernick.

"But Democrats believe in censorship."

Republicans are literally banning books and Trump literally requested that people who offended him be banned from social media platforms.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

"Dems are such snowflakes."

Actually, Republicans are triggered into conniption fits over things like Big Bird educating kids about vaccines, M&Ms being too sexy, Mrs. Potato-Head, and most recently in Florida, Republican parents freaked out because their kids were exposed to Michaelangelo's nude statue.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:16 pm

Actually, Republicans are triggered into conniption fits over things like Big Bird educating kids about vaccines, M&Ms being too sexy, Mrs. Potato-Head, and most recently in Florida, Republican parents freaked out because their kids were exposed to Michaelangelo's nude statue.
Obviously they don't have anything substantive to offer their constituents and are therefore doing their best to obscure that fact by desperately making up anything they can think of to distract them from discovering that all they are really concerned about is holding onto and further augmenting their own power and wealth. I fail to understand how even people like ajax18 and the other conservative commentators here can remain oblivious to this increasingly glaring and obvious fact! I find it very hard to avoid concluding that they are either seriously impaired cognitively or actively complicit in promoting the deception and corruption for their own self-interest and bigotry.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:28 am
Vēritās wrote:

Obviously they don't have anything substantive to offer their constituents and are therefore doing their best to obscure that fact by desperately making up anything they can think of to distract them from discovering that all they are really concerned about is holding onto and further augmenting their own power and wealth. I fail to understand how even people like ajax18 and the other conservative commentators here can remain oblivious to this increasingly glaring and obvious fact! I find it very hard to avoid concluding that they are either seriously impaired cognitively or actively complicit in promoting the deception and corruption for their own self-interest and bigotry.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Gunnar wrote:
Vēritās wrote:

Believing that water flows uphill will never keep your house from being flooded and believing in Elizabeth Warren's modern monetary theory will not stop inflation from making your money just as worthless as mine. Being able to convince yourself that this economic depression we're headed for is Bush orTrump's fault will be of little comfort to you.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:15 am
Being able to convince yourself that this economic depression we're headed for is Bush orTrump's fault will be of little comfort to you.
How different are you when you’re convincing yourself that ‘it’s Biden’s fault’?
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Believing that water flows uphill will never keep your house from being flooded and believing in Elizabeth Warren's modern monetary theory will not stop inflation from making your money just as worthless as mine. Being able to convince yourself that this economic depression we're headed for is Bush orTrump's fault will be of little comfort to you.
As is often the case with you, nothing in your reply really even addressed, much less negated or refuted the comments and facts brought up in this thread by the OP and others. It was just another attempt to distract from the increasingly obvious duplicity and lack of substance of the GOP agenda. I don't think you have anything close to a firm grasp of Elizabeth Warren's monetary theory, and certainly not on what is causing the current inflation. Much or even most of the current inflation is due to corporate greed. Take the case of egg price inflation, for example: As Anna Kasparian pointed out, some of the largest egg producers, such as Cal-Maine Foods, just used the current Avian Flu outbreak as an excuse to jack up their prices, even though the outbreak had no noticeable effect on their operations or egg production. They even bragged about that to their stockholders how they used that excuse to triple or quadruple their profit margin on the price of eggs. They told their stockholders that:
"There have been no positive tests" for this bird flu "at any of Cal-Maine Foods' owned or contracted production facilities as of 28 December 2022."
U.S. Egg industry spokespeople reported that
The egg industry reported no substantial decline in egg production in the last quarter of 2022 compared to 2021
See also: Katie Porter PROVES How Corporate Greed Led to Inflation

It is also glaringly obvious that Republican politicians really don't want inflation rates to come down as long as Democrats are in power, because they desperately want something to blame Democrats for in coming election campaigns.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

"Censorship! The Left is all about Censorship!"

Meanwhile, the Dixie Chicks say hello, Trump tried to get Twitter to ban posters who hurt his feelings, and Florida is banning books.
censorship.jpg
censorship.jpg (136.54 KiB) Viewed 311 times
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Gunnar wrote:

I'm just laughing at the idea that you would even know what anyone's monetary theory would be. You understand absolutely nothing when it comes to economics. Your posting MO is just to regurgitate whatever Brietbart tells you. Always the same theme, "whatever Dems say is bad, and Repubs good."
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Vēritās wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:14 pm
ajax18 wrote:

I'm just laughing at the idea that you would even know what anyone's monetary theory would be. You understand absolutely nothing when it comes to economics. Your posting MO is just to regurgitate whatever Brietbart tells you. Always the same theme, "whatever Dems say is bad, and Repubs good."
Like yours and Warren's idea that the current banking crisis and bailout is due to Jerome Powell, the RINO idiot who Biden chose not to replace for some reason? It couldn't possibly be the scamdemic and the "infrastructure," spending boondoggles that you used the scamdemic to justify. No injecting trillions of dollars in cash paying people to not go to work didn't cause inflation. In fact Biden has proposed even more spending boondoggles in response to the crisis created by his previous spending boondoggles, proving that he still doesn't get it unless he is in fact purposely trying to wreck the US economy. Was that part of his deal with China to unleash biological warfare on the world after impeaching Trump ultimately failed to overturn the 2016 election? Or was Biden's only reward the bags of cash the CCP gave his son, brother, and entire family that he supposedly knows nothing about?