Society is discriminating against boys, says Forbes. Brookings.edu says, "boys are falling behind"

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Society is discriminating against boys, says Forbes. Brookings.edu says, "boys are falling behind"

Post by Marcus »

...My argument is that scholarships for women-only shouldn't be necessary because of the fact that there are already more women in college and young women might be doing economically better than young men when controlling for race . There's no doubt that childless young women are doing a lot better.
An interesting thought about this type of argument:
I am not someone who doesn't acknowledge or believe that men and boys face many systematic problems in Western society. In regards to education, incarceration rates, fatherlessness and father's rights, substance abuse and overdoses, mental health and suicide etc.. there are many challenges in society for boys and men and they need to be addressed, as a society we cannot leave our boys behind in our pursuit of "equality" for women.

HOWEVER the manosphere is not in any way a "movement" to actually tackle these issues while some claim they are....

The manosphere--RP (including trad con and PUA), Incel/Blackpill, MGTOW,-- as the notable big 3 have not done anything to help boys and men in regards to these issues. These spaces focus primarily on hating women. Any time a stat or issue facing boys is brought up it is rarely if ever in a genuine effort to devise solutions but really just done so as "evidence" that women are the "real bad guys" and if there is any attempt at a "solution" it usually involves taking away women's rights or freedoms...

I never see manosphere men talking about SOLUTIONS that don't involve disparaging women. Most of the advice they give is focused on self indulgent sexual conquests, manipulation tactics, get rich quick schemes and proposing that women shouldn't have rights and/or be the effective property of men...

Until I see more focus on actually helping boys and men and less woman slander I will continue to see them as the hate space they are.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PurplePillDeba ... t_to_call/
[bolding added]
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Society is discriminating against boys, says Forbes. Brookings.edu says, "boys are falling behind"

Post by Res Ipsa »

Yep. That’s the tell.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
doubtingthomas
God

Minorities

Post by doubtingthomas »

A "friend" told me that his friend didn't get a scholarship because there aren't enough scholarships. Most available scholarships are for minorities, according to his friend. It may not the case that most scholarships are for minorities only, but a lot are.

Companies can only make a limited number of investments and shouldn't judge someone by the color of their skin or gender.

DT, I’ve combined this post with your previous thread because the subject matter matches the focus of the earlier thread, even if the target is different at the outset. -cp-
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll: