Society is discriminating against boys, says Forbes. Brookings.edu says, "boys are falling behind"

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Society is discriminating against boys, says Forbes. Brookings.edu says, "boys are falling behind"

Post by doubtingthomas »

This important topic deserves a separate thread. Radical feminists have long tried to stop these conversations from happening.

Forbes points out that some universities are finally ending policies that discriminate against young men. Brookings calls for initiatives focused on male students.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front ... ompletion/
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kimelsesse ... 2068ae7fe2

There are many reason why boys are falling behind, one is that boys are less likely to get help from their peers in school. Female students always get a lot of help from their male friends. It's true, and there's nothing wrong with that. I personally don't have a problem with the fact that female students get more help in school. I don't believe that men and women should be treated equally, I do believe women should have some advantages in life.

Unfortunately, the radical feminists of today are more interested in criticizing the young men who suffer from psychiatric delusions. Radical feminists are not interested in the large number of young men who are lonely.

Feminists are quick to point out the gender pay gap, but there's no evidence that young men are making more (median income) than young women when controlling for important factors like race. In fact, childless young women are making more than childless young men.

I am asking for this topic to remain separate because of it's importance.

Let's not turn a blind eye.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
canpakes
God

Re: Society is discriminating against boys, says Forbes. Brookings.edu says, "boys are falling behind"

Post by canpakes »

Percentage of Population with 4+ Years of College by Gender 1940-2018

https://www.statista.com/statistics/184 ... by-gender/

Hmmm.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Society is discriminating against boys, says Forbes. Brookings.edu says, "boys are falling behind"

Post by doubtingthomas »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:10 am

Hmmm.
According to CNN
"College gender cap: Women outnumber men 60-40"
https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2021/09/2 ... -60-40.cnn

And the gap keeps growing.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

...The underperformance of boys in the classroom — especially Black boys and those from poorer families — damages their job prospects and their chances for upward economic mobility. But there is also a basic fairness question here. Inequalities of this magnitude are a cause for concern, regardless of their direction. Women’s wages still lag behind men’s, and recent progress on the pay gap has slowed. But inequity in the workplace shouldn’t mean we disregard inequity in classroom, especially when many vulnerable boys are falling behind. We can hold two thoughts in our head at the same time.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front ... ompletion/
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:21 am
Women’s wages still lag behind men’s, and recent progress on the pay gap has slowed.

I said in the opening post
doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:01 am
Feminists are quick to point out the gender pay gap, but there's no evidence that young men are making more (median income) than young women when controlling for important factors like race. In fact, childless young women are making more than childless young men.
Do you have any evidence that the median income of young men is higher than the median income of young women when controlling for race? Let's talk about the median income, nobody cares how much the top 1% of guys are making.

Anyways, thanks for proving what I said here
doubtingthomas wrote:
Radical feminists are not interested in the large number of young men who are lonely.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

This message, originally in moderator red*, seems particularly relevant:
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:08 pm
DT, you started a new mega thread yesterday and, at your request, I combined all the threads you've recently started on the general topic of mating and dating habits of young women. This thread reads like a continuation of that topic, combined with personal grievances over the fact that people disagreed with you in that thread. Please do not start new threads that are related to or are continuations of issues discussed in your mega thread.

Thanks.

*(i changed the color because i am quoting a mod.)
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:24 am
Marcus wrote:

I said in the opening post
doubtingthomas wrote:
Do you have any evidence that the median income of young men is higher than the median income of young women when controlling for race? Let's talk about the median income, nobody cares how much the top 1% of guys are making.

Anyways, thanks for proving what I said here
doubtingthomas wrote:
Radical feminists are not interested in the large number of young men who are lonely.
Let’s stick to your actual assertion:
doubtingthomas wrote:
In fact, childless young women are making more than childless young men.
There seems to be at least one data source that contradicts your assertion:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_ ... ted_States
doubtingthomas wrote:
You’ve already mentioned ‘loneliness’ in the opening post, and in your subsequent reply to Marcus. You’re lucky that I haven’t combined this thread with the megathread on that basis alone. That will need to be the first and last time that you overlap any content from that thread here, if you want to see this thread stand separate.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

doubtingthomas wrote:
And the gap keeps growing.
Considering that this reversal in the historical trend has only been for several years - with the trend otherwise showing men to have been ‘well gapped’ above women for many decades - just what kind of dramatic action are you suggesting that we take, and why?
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:41 am
There seems to be at least one data source that contradicts your assertion:
Nope, it's talking about single parent family income.

You haven't showed any data about young men and young women that controls for factors like race.

And you haven't showed the median income of childless young men and childless young women in 2022 or 2023.

I agree single moms without a college degree do makes less, the government (and child support) already helps them a lot. I am not against child support payments or food stamps.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:41 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
You’ve already mentioned ‘loneliness’ in the opening post, and in your subsequent reply to Marcus. You’re lucky that I haven’t combined this thread with the megathread on that basis alone. That will need to be the first and last time that you overlap any content from that thread here, if you want to see this thread stand separate.
So, his 'first and last time,' is his second responding post, after he already broke the rule in his opening post. So many chances!! He's a lucky, lucky kid. : D