Georgia legislature to halt Trump investigation

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Georgia legislature to halt Trump investigation

Post by Moksha »

The Georgia legislature (the State, not the Country!) has granted itself the power to shut down any trial it does not like. I am predicting the Trump Supreme Court will uphold this ruling. So much for the Trump trial in Fulton County, Georgia. This is a big win for the forces of corruption.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Gunnar
God

Re: Georgia legislature to halt Trump investigation

Post by Gunnar »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:43 am
The Georgia legislature (the State, not the Country!) has granted itself the power to shut down any trial it does not like. I am predicting the Trump Supreme Court will uphold this ruling. So much for the Trump trial in Fulton County, Georgia. This is a big win for the forces of corruption.
That's heartbreaking! If the Supreme Court Justices do uphold that ruling, they are in effect revealing that they care more about protecting the forces of corruption (at least, Republican corruption) than in protecting and enforcing the Constitution. I fear that is the inclination of at least 5 of the 6 conservative justices now on the court (especially the 3 appointed by Trump). If any of those conservative justices still have enough integrity and respect for democracy to oppose that ruling, it would most likely be John Roberts, but I am not entirely confident even of him, anymore.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

It's only because Democrats are rightfully more scared of DeSantis than Trump. These investigations into Trump were only ever about Democrat attempts at election interference. They'd all go away immediately if Trump were to pull out of the race or lose to DeSantis. It's just partisan political justice as usual.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:44 am
It's only because Democrats are rightfully more scared of DeSantis than Trump. These investigations into Trump were only ever about Democrat attempts at election interference. They'd all go away immediately if Trump were to pull out of the race or lose to DeSantis. It's just partisan political justice as usual.
God you're dumb. Trump is being investigated because we're a nation of laws. You're an idiot if you think they'd all drop their investigations if he never ran again. I mean really, beyond idiotic because no one seriously thought he'd run again until last year. The fact is Trump is only running because he thinks it will insulate him from prison time. That's it. He knows he stands no chance.

DeSantis is going to get destroyed, it isn't even going to be close. And the result will be another Democrat victory.

Trump's cult had already reached a peak in membership during the 2020 election, and since that time Republicans have left him for being such a loser and he's effectively killed off tens of thousands of them with his incompetent handling of the pandemic.
Last edited by Vēritās on Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

ajax18 wrote:
Not at all. Of course, you’ll probably call the Republicans who think Trump committed crimes RINOs or Never-Trumpers.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:18 am
ajax18 wrote:
Not at all. Of course, you’ll probably call the Republicans who think Trump committed crimes RINOs or Never-Trumpers.
The media is still mum on the Biden crime family's influence pedaling. That's called bias by omission. Justice in this country is still just an exercise in partisan political propaganda concerned only with getting your guy elected and not giving one crap about justice or rooting out corruption.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:23 am
Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:18 am
The media is still mum on the Biden crime family's influence pedaling. That's called bias by omission. Justice in this country is still just an exercise in partisan political propaganda concerned only with getting your guy elected and not giving one crap about justice or rooting out corruption.
“Every accusation is an admission.”
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

ajax18 wrote:
If I am forced to choose between an influence peddler and a guy who tries to overturn an election that was widely recognized as legitimate, I’ll choose the influence peddler anytime. At least I can vote an influence peddler out. I am stuck with the tyrant once he’s ensconced as such.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:35 am
ajax18 wrote:
If I am forced to choose between an influence peddler and a guy who tries to overturn an election that was widely recognized as legitimate, I’ll choose the influence peddler anytime. At least I can vote an influence peddler out. I am stuck with the tyrant once he’s ensconced as such.
So if Biden and half of Washinton are paid off by China than that is better than someone who has questions about ballot harvesting, a big tech/mainstream media coverup of the influence pedaling as Russian disinformation and being caught in lie after lie. I understand. When socal welfare benefits are at stake who cares if Xi or Zelensky or the Saudi's are pulling the strings on our elected officials behind the scenes.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:25 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:35 am

So if Biden and half of Washinton are paid off by China than that is better than someone who has questions about ballot harvesting, a big tech/mainstream media coverup of the influence pedaling as Russian disinformation and being caught in lie after lie. I understand. When socal welfare benefits are at stake who cares if Xi or Zelensky or the Saudi's are pulling the strings on our elected officials behind the scenes.
What a world you live in. I bet you dime to dollar you don’t even know your councilman’s name, who your school board rep is, or what ballot measures were on your municipality’s wish list. You’re so goddamned worried about DC because the GQP’s scare machine has your balls firmly in its grip you don’t even know what’s important vis a vis politics.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.