Georgia legislature to halt Trump investigation

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Georgia legislature to halt Trump investigation

Post by Kishkumen »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:25 pm
So if Biden and half of Washinton are paid off by China than that is better than someone who has questions about ballot harvesting, a big tech/mainstream media coverup of the influence pedaling as Russian disinformation and being caught in lie after lie. I understand. When socal welfare benefits are at stake who cares if Xi or Zelensky or the Saudi's are pulling the strings on our elected officials behind the scenes.
Again, you are blowing things wildly out of proportion in your desperate attempt to find some equivalence, however tenuous it may be. Show us all the evidence of influence peddling that matches up against what we all saw with our eyes: Trump supporters storming the Capitol to stop the count of electoral votes.

Use your brain, dude.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Moreover, talk about the Saudis: what do you make of the two billion dollars that was handed to Jared Kushner?

Don't tell me about influence peddling. It was on full display under Trump. The Chinese granting him business perks while he was in the White House.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:03 pm
Moreover, talk about the Saudis: what do you make of the two billion dollars that was handed to Jared Kushner?
I think Trump had far too many people in his cabinet who didn't share his America first/economic nationalist agenda.

Even so the 50 CIA intelligence officers who testified that Hunter's laptop was Russian disinformation/hoax created put of whole cloth was a blatant lie by all 50 of themand you knew it at the time. Only now do you admit that you're fine with it.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:21 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:03 pm
I think Trump had far too many people in his cabinet who didn't share his America first/economic nationalist agenda.
Probably didn't help that Trump himself didn't seem to share his own agenda, lol.

It wasn't his cabinet that got 6-figures from Saudis laundered through just one of his businesses before declaring a fake national emergency in order to close a deal with them, or vetoing a bipartisan resolution.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

ajax18 wrote:
Even so the 50 CIA intelligence officers who testified that Hunter's laptop was Russian disinformation/hoax created put of whole cloth was a blatant lie by all 50 of themand you knew it at the time. Only now do you admit that you're fine with it.
I never said I was fine with it. I said it less objectionable than establishing a dictatorship, which is what Τrump attempted to do. You apparently don’t think that the Saudis buying American foreign policy from Jared Kushner for 2 billion dollars is influence peddling. That’s what is startling.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:19 am
ajax18 wrote:
I never said I was fine with it. I said it less objectionable than establishing a dictatorship, which is what Τrump attempted to do. You apparently don’t think that the Saudis buying American foreign policy from Jared Kushner for 2 billion dollars is influence peddling. That’s what is startling.
My post didn't show up but I think you might have a point about Jared Kushner. Primary time always brings out some disturbing facts, even for Democrats. Remember how quickly Kamala Harris made up with Joe Biden after calling him a racist who didn't want her going to white schools.
Last edited by ajax18 on Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:57 am
My post didn't show up but I think you might have a point about Jared Kushner. Primary time always brings out some disturbing facts, even for Democrsts. Remember how quickly Kamala Harris made up with Joe Biden after calling him a racist who didn't want her going to white schools.
Yes, I am not a fan of Kamala Harris. I was hoping Biden would pick Val Demings of Florida, but the political machines have their own logic. My thinking was that, with California essentially in the bag for Biden, why pick a California politician? What does that get you? Moreover, I just don't like Kamala Harris, and I was not in favor of Biden making up with her after all she had said.

What bugs me about these arguments is that it is always the same tiring whataboutism that forces the argument between two sides. The duopoly. I am tired of both parties and their propaganda machines (cable "news" networks). But, there is a limit to my tolerance for crazy, and Trump was too crazy for me right out of the gate. He simply was neither qualified nor psychologically fit to be president, and I think the results speak for themselves.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:20 am
Yes, I am not a fan of Kamala Harris. I was hoping Biden would pick Val Demings of Florida, but the political machines have their own logic. My thinking was that, with California essentially in the bag for Biden, why pick a California politician? What does that get you? Moreover, I just don't like Kamala Harris, and I was not in favor of Biden making up with her after all she had said.
I certainly agree with you about Val Demings of Florida! It is tragic that she lost her race for U.S. Senator. But, I don't think Kamala Harris is incorrigibly evil and I don't really dislike her as a person, though I believe Demings is much better suited to the job of Vice President. Even Harris, in my opinion, is vastly superior for that position than any candidates that Republicans would have seriously considered nominating. I agree with you, though, that much of her criticism of Biden before her nomination was questionable and unfair.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:46 pm
I certainly agree with you about Val Demings of Florida! It is tragic that she lost her race for U.S. Senator. But, I don't think Kamala Harris is incorrigibly evil and I don't really dislike her as a person, though I believe Demings is much better suited to the job of Vice President. Even Harris, in my opinion, is vastly superior for that position than any candidates that Republicans would have seriously considered nominating. I agree with you, though, that much of her criticism of Biden before her nomination was questionable and unfair.
Yeah, I don't think she is incorrigibly evil either. I hope nothing I said suggested she was. Yet, I do not like her. I do like Val Demings. The fact that Republicans have put forward con artists and dimwits as candidates is disqualifying at the outset of any campaign, in my opinion.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:59 pm
Yeah, I don't think she is incorrigibly evil either. I hope nothing I said suggested she was. Yet, I do not like her. I do like Val Demings. The fact that Republicans have put forward con artists and dimwits as candidates is disqualifying at the outset of any campaign, in my opinion.
Even if the GOP put forward a decent candidate for an electable position, I wouldn't vote for her/him. They belong to a party that doesn't just lie like Democrats. They are part of a whole compendium of lies, an entire false narrative, in a world where facts are meaningless if they conflict with what they want.

“F” Republicans and their entire BS worldview. I won't vote for anyone who won't acknowledge basic facts, and doesn't demand it from his/her party.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.