Gun control (your thoughts on one thread)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: Gun control (your thoughts on one thread)

Post by Vēritās »

Well just in the past week we saw a 16 year old kid being shot twice for having the audacity to knock on someone's door, another girl was shot and killed for pulling into the wrong driveway, and now Two girls were shot in a Texas parking lot after they opened the door to the wrong car.

But we don't have a gun problem, right?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:39 pm
Well just in the past week we saw a 16 year old kid being shot twice for having the audacity to knock on someone's door, another girl was shot and killed for pulling into the wrong driveway, and now Two girls were shot in a Texas parking lot after they opened the door to the wrong car.

But we don't have a gun problem, right?
No! Of course not! It can all be blamed on "woke-ism!" Right? :roll:
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

"Little girl, parents shot after basketball rolls into gunman's yard in Gastonia"

"4 shot dead, then a chaotic scene" - Maine

"person walking through downtown alley shot in the face" -Columbus

"15 year old shot at north Philadelphia recreation center"

Jesus Christ
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:19 pm
"Little girl, parents shot after basketball rolls into gunman's yard in Gastonia"

"4 shot dead, then a chaotic scene" - Maine

"person walking through downtown alley shot in the face" -Columbus

"15 year old shot at north Philadelphia recreation center"

Jesus Christ
There are more guns in America than ever before, and the gun idiots would have us all believe that even more guns would make us safer.

Dumb dumb dumb dumb
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

The old man who shot 16 year old Ralph Yarl was apparently a Right Wing nut according to his grandson.
Klint Ludwig said his grandfather Andrew Lester, who pleaded not guilty in the case, had fallen down a "right-wing rabbit hole" in recent years. .. Ludwig said that over the past several years, he and his grandfather lost touch largely due to Lester falling down “the right-wing rabbit hole,” according to the Star. Lester engages in a “24-hour news cycle of fear and paranoia,” fueled by conservative networks like Fox News and OAN, that “reinforces and galvanizes racist people and their beliefs,” his grandson said.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/grandson ... ec4e7db3de

Color me surprised.

Not.

Meanwhile, FOX News made it a point to argue against the notion that this was racist.
fsdf.jpg
fsdf.jpg (80.27 KiB) Viewed 285 times
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Is this civil society?

https://www.ksl.com/article/50625659/ma ... in-florida
Robert Singletary, the suspect accused of shooting a 6-year-old neighbor and her parents in North Carolina after a basketball rolled into his yard …

Over a basketball.

But, some drag queens like to have a good time, amirite?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Is this civil society?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »