Another Gem from Betty Bowers, "America's Best Christian."

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Another Gem from Betty Bowers, "America's Best Christian."

Post by Gunnar »

"The Biggest Hypocrite in Congress" Award

Lauren Bobert is arguably deserving of that award, but as one of the commentators to this video said:
It really is a VERY stiff competition. I don't know how they fit that much hypocrisy in one building.
Mind you, I am not about to claim that Republicans have a monopoly on hypocrisy, but, at least in recent years, they seem to have achieved a lock on the above mentioned hypocrisy award.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Emmett Theodoran
Nursery

Re: Another Gem from Betty Bowers, "America's Best Christian."

Post by Emmett Theodoran »

Wow :D :D
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Part of why "own the libs" is so damned retarded from a strategic standpoint (assuming these damned morons actually what to protect their interests) is that by acting in a way that dubiously "owns the libs," they alienate everyone else, including independents and moderate conservatives.

I'm completely convinced Republicans get uptight about being called stupid because they know deep in their hearts, they're damned stupid. It's empirically obvious. They think being tantrum throwing, delusional children is a political strategy.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:08 am
I'm completely convinced Republicans get uptight about being called stupid because they know deep in their hearts, they're damned stupid. It's empirically obvious. They think being tantrum throwing, delusional children is a political strategy.
Without a doubt!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.