Trump Indicted

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Trump Indicted

Post by Jersey Girl »

NEWS • PRESS RELEASES
District Attorney Bragg Announces 34-Count Felony Indictment of Former President Donald J. Trump
APRIL 4, 2023
Read the Indictment and the Statement of Facts

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin L. Bragg, Jr. today announced the indictment of DONALD J. TRUMP, 76, for falsifying New York business records in order to conceal damaging information and unlawful activity from American voters before and after the 2016 election. During the election, TRUMP and others employed a “catch and kill” scheme to identify, purchase, and bury negative information about him and boost his electoral prospects. TRUMP then went to great lengths to hide this conduct, causing dozens of false entries in business records to conceal criminal activity, including attempts to violate state and federal election laws.

TRUMP is charged in a New York State Supreme Court indictment with 34 counts of Falsifying Business Records in the First Degree.[]

“The People of the State of New York allege that Donald J. Trump repeatedly and fraudulently falsified New York business records to conceal crimes that hid damaging information from the voting public during the 2016 presidential election,” said District Attorney Bragg. “Manhattan is home to the country’s most significant business market. We cannot allow New York businesses to manipulate their records to cover up criminal conduct. As the Statement of Facts describes, the trail of money and lies exposes a pattern that, the People allege, violates one of New York’s basic and fundamental business laws. As this office has done time and time again, we today uphold our solemn responsibility to ensure that everyone stands equal before the law.”

According to court documents and statements made on the record in court, from August 2015 to December 2017, TRUMP orchestrated his “catch and kill” scheme through a series of payments that he then concealed through months of false business entries.

In one instance, American Media Inc. (“AMI”), paid $30,000 to a former Trump Tower doorman, who claimed to have a story about a child TRUMP had out of wedlock.

In a second instance, AMI paid $150,000 to a woman who alleged she had a sexual relationship with TRUMP. When TRUMP explicitly directed a lawyer who then worked for the Trump Organization as TRUMP’s Special Counsel (“Special Counsel”) to reimburse AMI in cash, the Special Counsel indicated to TRUMP that the payment should be made via a shell company and not by cash. AMI ultimately declined to accept reimbursement after consulting their counsel. AMI, which later admitted its conduct was unlawful in an agreement with federal prosecutors, made false entries in its business records concerning the true purpose of the $150,000 payment.

In a third instance – 12 days before the presidential general election – the Special Counsel wired $130,000 to an attorney for an adult film actress. The Special Counsel, who has since pleaded guilty and served time in prison for making the illegal campaign contribution, made the payment through a shell corporation funded through a bank in Manhattan.

After winning the election, TRUMP reimbursed the Special Counsel through a series of monthly checks, first from the Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust – created in New York to hold the Trump Organization’s assets during TRUMP’s presidency – and later from TRUMP’s bank account. In total, 11 checks were issued for a phony purpose. Nine of those checks were signed by TRUMP. Each check was processed by the Trump Organization and illegally disguised as a payment for legal services rendered pursuant to a non-existent retainer agreement. In total, 34 false entries were made in New York business records to conceal the initial covert $130,000 payment. Further, participants in the scheme took steps that mischaracterized, for tax purposes, the true nature of the reimbursements.

Assistant D.A.s Catherine McCaw (Counsel to the Investigation Division), Katherine Ellis (Major Economic Crimes Bureau), Rebecca Mangold (Major Economic Crimes Bureau), Christopher Conroy (Senior Advisor to the Investigation Division), Susan Hoffinger (Chief of the Investigation Division), and Matthew Colangelo (Senior Counsel to the District Attorney) are handling the prosecution of this case with the assistance of Peter Pope (Executive Assistant D.A.), Steven Wu (Executive Assistant D.A. and Chief of the Appeals Division), and Alan Gadlin (Deputy Chief of the Appeals Division).

Defendant Information:

DONALD J. TRUMP
Palm Beach, Florida

Charges:

Falsifying Business Records in the First Degree, a class E felony, 34 counts

https://www.manhattanda.org/district-at ... d-j-trump/
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Don't listen to FOX News unless you want to reno your home because you'll take a wall out from banging your head against it. Guaranteed.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

I think the Democrats want to get Trump enough sympathy from his supporters to win the Republican nomination. They're going to drag this out or speed it up to meet whatever political timing is expedient. This will most likely last for the next year and a half. If Trump gets the nomination which is what they actually want, then Democrats will convict him and incarcerate him and take the election by default. 51% of the US electorate doesn't agree with Biden/left agenda. They know this and Trump winning in a fair election terrifies them, so they have to use these types of election interference tactics because in their minds, the ends justify the means.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Ajax wrote:Transgender hate speech
firing democrat leaning bureaucret moles
shipping illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard based on false promises
You're just venting and you know it. You know you've lost.

I'll go ahead and copy this to a file offline. Let's see if De Santis is ever indicted and charged criminally for transgender speech or firing democrats. You know it will never happen, yet you lie and say otherwise.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:15 am
It doesn't really matter if people on the right have lost faith in the justice system being nonpartisan at this point. They're in the minority in this country and we're in a post Constitutional America. The Constitution hangs by a thread, just as the prophets said it would in the last days.
Republicans have not won a popular vote majority in a presidential election since 2004. Far-right Christian fundamentalists like yourself are no more than 35% of American adults and your numbers shrink daily because your ideas are so easily debunked and your racism is so repellent to normal people.

You're just an crotchety old man raging that the world is leaving you behind.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:06 am
I think Ben Shapiro has more vocal cords than brains. I don’t believe in promoting authoritarian nutcases as presidential nominees for tactical reasons.
Of the current field of declared GOP candidates, I favor Hutchinson.
So you want the Republican who leans the furthest to the left to win the nomination? You don't worry that a centrist Republican might win the general election? You might be right about that, I doubt Democrats ever lost any sleep worrying that Mitt Romney would beat Barack Obama.

Ben Shapiro is a Harvard Law graduate as well. Do you think being conservative automatically means an individual has a low IQ? Are you surprised Ben scored a 180 on his LSAT? It kind of amazes me that Ben managed to pass Harvard law school. Conservatives must have to pretend really hard to be liberals if they want to pass a program like that. Obviously I wouldn't be capable of doing that. But I did have friends who tried to write in Ubonix in an attempt to throw the professors off on whose essays they' were reading. Do you really believe the law school professors couldn't find out whose essay they're grading if they desired to do so? I don't believe essay grading is done anonymously as they claim. The LSAT was objective but that was about it.
Nobody had to pretend anything. The exams weren’t political. You wouldn’t be able to pass a program like that because resentment doesn’t produce a coherent analysis of law. Your completely uninformed opinion about blind grading at a school you’ve never attended is worthless.

Your racist crap gets more malignant by the day. The black students spoke English just like everyone else.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:11 am
Ajax wrote:Transgender hate speech
firing democrat leaning bureaucret moles
shipping illegal immigrants to Martha's Vineyard based on false promises
You're just venting and you know it. You know you've lost.

I'll go ahead and copy this to a file offline. Let's see if De Santis is ever indicted and charged criminally for transgender speech or firing democrats. You know it will never happen, yet you lie and say otherwise.
DeSantis hasn't won the Republican nomination for president yet. That's when the Democrat attempts to interfere with the election through weaponization of the justice department will start for him or any other Republican candidate for president who the Deep State needs to take down rather than risk the election being decided by the electors.

I have given you my prediction. What do you believe will happen Gad? Will Trump be convicted? If so when? Who do you Gad predict will win the Republican nomination?
Last edited by ajax18 on Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Ari Fleischer suggests that one way to actually fight back against this is for heavily conservative districts to start using the criminal justice system to go after Democrat candidates. But I don't see mid level Republican partisan nitwits like Harvard law graduate Bragg that are willing to weaponize the justice system to help win elections.
Last edited by ajax18 on Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Jerry Nadler actually did say the quiet part out loud. "We can't trust the electors to get rid of Donald Trump."

I don't see how Trump could say he never thought this could happen in this country. The left has been taking political prisoners from his campaign since 2015.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:02 am
Ari Fleischer suggests that one way to actually fight back against this is for heavily conservative districts to start using the criminal justice system to go after Democrat candidates.
Well of course, that’s what authoritarians would suggest. You guys imagine that democrats are doing this, then use it as an excuse to actually do it. Every accusation is a confession.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.