Trump Indicted

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Trump Indicted

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:08 am
I think the Democrats want to get Trump enough sympathy from his supporters to win the Republican nomination. They're going to drag this out or speed it up to meet whatever political timing is expedient. This will most likely last for the next year and a half. If Trump gets the nomination which is what they actually want, then Democrats will convict him and incarcerate him and take the election by default. 51% of the US electorate doesn't agree with Biden/left agenda. They know this and Trump winning in a fair election terrifies them, so they have to use these types of election interference tactics because in their minds, the ends justify the means.
Why worry about Trump? I thought that you were all about DeSantis, now?
Dr. Sunstoned
CTR B

Post by Dr. Sunstoned »

ajax18 wrote:
I think the Democrats want to get Trump enough sympathy from his supporters to win the Republican nomination. They're going to drag this out or speed it up to meet whatever political timing is expedient. This will most likely last for the next year and a half. If Trump gets the nomination which is what they actually want, then Democrats will convict him and incarcerate him and take the election by default. 51% of the US electorate doesn't agree with Biden/left agenda. They know this and Trump winning in a fair election terrifies them, so they have to use these types of election interference tactics because in their minds, the ends justify the means.
Trump has never won a fair election.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:58 am
ajax18 wrote:
Why worry about Trump? I thought that you were all about DeSantis, now?
Better question would be why worry about what the "Democrats want"? He thinks he can read minds when all he does is project. The trial has been dragged out already because of all the legal hurdles Trump himself paid his legal team to throw up this entire time. The only reason he is running for President again is because he thinks it will insulate him from prosecution. Now that he's been arraigned, a timeline of 1-2 years before a trial seems about normal but idiots like ajax are going to spin this as more evidence of a democrat deep state controlling every aspect of this. He isn't even set to appear before the court again until December.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

This answers some questions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ues8ycOxXKM
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Finland joins Nato, the Democrats take control of Wisconsin's Supreme Court, and Trump gets arrested.

What a great day for America.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

I've spent a lot of time trying to reason and tease out the mental state (other than stateless) of Republicans.

It's obvious to me, just by statistical reasoning, that not all Republicans are damned stupid. It's not possible. But I heard a little of Trump's indictment speech this morning, and I think we can be pretty confident it's not all Republicans, but there's no doubt the people who actually love him are mentally incompetent, to say the very least. They are emotional know-nothings.

It's sad the human race has that many damned idiots barely smarter than a fruit fly.

It's one thing to vote for Trump because you're a Republican. If I squint hard enough, I can almost make out the sense in that. It's something completely different if you actually admire Trump. That make's you an irredeemable moron.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

DeSantis hasn't won the Republican nomination for president yet. That's when the Democrat attempts to interfere with the election through weaponization of the justice department will start for him
oh okay, so you have an out. You have a prescient understanding of when liberals will weaponize and when they hold back.

Did you notice, Ajax, that Trump's charges are related to falsifying records and fraud and aren't directly political, and the hypothetical crimes you imagine liberals will raise against DeSantis are all Republican invented crimes of non-wokeness?

Why don't liberals go after Trump for the crime of not being woke since it's so easy to do, or if Trump is innocent, why don't they invent unrelated crimes like fraud to go after DeSantis?
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Al Jazeera did a little round-up of global reactions.

Coming to Trump’s defense are a Chinese nationalist propaganda tabloid, the Russian foreign ministry, the president of El Salvador, and Viktor Orban.

MAGA.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/4/5 ... rraignment
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

It turns out the indictment also includes a claim that Trump falsified records to commit a state tax crime. A lawyer who is familiar with tax law can correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m fairly certain this is a charge that’s simpler to prove? Hopefully the prosecution team has their ducks lined up in a row.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:35 pm
Al Jazeera did a little round-up of global reactions.

Coming to Trump’s defense are a Chinese nationalist propaganda tabloid, the Russian foreign ministry, the president of El Salvador, and Viktor Orban.

MAGA.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/4/5 ... rraignment
It is quite telling that the few world leaders who still sympathize with Trump are authoritarian despots like Trump aspires to be.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.