Shame on you! I am not a right-winger. Here's proof

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Shame on you! I am not a right-winger. Here's proof

Post by doubtingthomas »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:06 pm
They can be, and sometimes they can surprise you. I have been surprised by almost everyone I have given a fair and careful listening to.
Well, it was nice talking to you. They'll probably kick me out for life.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:17 pm
It wasn't click-bait,
I made the click-bait about the CNN video.

Instead of saying "more choosey" I said, "too picky".

Okay. I am gone.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Instead of saying "more choosey" I said, "too picky".
...too picky is what you think, and what you believe the inference is. I don't believe for a second it was clickbait.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:50 am
...too picky is what you think, and what you believe the inference is. I don't believe for a second it was clickbait.
CNN said that the top 20% of men get 60% of all the likes. What am I supposed to make of that?

Are you open to the possibility that a lot of women are too picky these days?

Why is there a record number of single women over 30?
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Are you open to the possibility that a lot of women are too picky these days?
The question is ridiculous. You want me to form a sweeping value judgement virtually in the abstract. It's like asking, is water too warm? And I'll tell you, questions like this reveal why nobody takes your "research" links seriously. While there is plenty of psychology and sociology regarding relationship dynamics out there, you can't get an ought from an is. Science can't tell you that girls are bad or mean or too picky. If I'm a psychologist studying serial killers, even then I have to suspend moral judgement and I can't tell you that serial killers are "bad people". The links you supply that have some legitimacy will never back up the points you're trying to make.

Is a lot of water out there too warm, DT?

What do we mean by too warm? What's the context? Too warm for Salmon to lay eggs in? Too warm to drink? Too warm to form icebergs?

To make the question remotely meaningful, you've got to restrict the domain. A young girl might be said to be too picky when it comes to food. She won't touch vegetables. She only likes gummy bears and vanilla ice cream. One domain is her objective health. She's too picky in the sense that her diet is going to destroy her. But it's less clear she's too picky in regard to her own subjective tastes. She likes what she likes, and maybe she really does only like the taste of those things, and in that respect it's hard to say she's too picky. But, there's a good chance that she might actually like other foods if she tries them a few times. And so, you might suspect she's too picky within her subjective domain if she hasn't given other foods a fair shake. But there are other domains, like, suppose I'm the CEO of a frozen vegetable company. The fact that she doesn't like my vegetables hurts my bottom line, and it could even cause me psychological damage. So for me, she's too picky because she's not putting money into my bank account. I'm sure marketing teams have become frustrated with the tastes of kids who prefer the toys of competitors and used terminology like, the kids are too picky when it comes to certain toys and brand names when they're trying to get some market share.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Just think, doubtingthomas: Women probably think the top 20% of men are too picky, too.

So, nearly everyone has a reason to complain.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024