Shame on you! I am not a right-winger. Here's proof

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Shame on you! I am not a right-winger. Here's proof

Post by doubtingthomas »

Shame on the mods for throwing the other thread to the trash can, the thread where I make it very clear that I am not an incel.
The mods are treating me like trash and it's clear that I am not welcomed here anymore. It is sad because I have participated on this board for many years.

Unfortunately, Gadiaton didn't read the thread where I clarified that I am not an incel or a red piller. Why? Because the mods threw it away.
Here's what Gadianton said,
Gadianton wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:34 am
I don't know if DT is a right winger, I kind of doubt it, but I don't think he's a "liberal" either.
And here's what Canpakes said,
canpakes wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:22 pm
you’re relying heavily on sources and ideas put forth by questionable right-wing groups.
It's clear some people here have been successful in assassinating my character. I am sure there are millions of right-wing groups on the internet, so it's very easy to find and cherry-pick some parts to make me look like them.

However, almost everything I say comes from research, newspapers, or respectable sources. Some of the things I say come from left-wingers. For example, in this video, Alex (a Democrat) interviews Alexander (a researcher and an aggressive critic of the red pill). A lot of the things they say sound like the things I say.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=motJcRIQ-0E

Here, Thinking-Ape (another critic of the Red Pill ) talks about some of the things I said.

Here, TYT and Vaush talk about how the left has ignored young, single men. You can't get any more left-wing than TYT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_hnB11wBMc

The claim that I am heavily relying on right-wing sources is horrendously false! That's called character assassination.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Shame on you! I am not a right-winger. Here's proof

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:52 am
The claim that I am heavily relying on right-wing sources is horrendously false! That's called character assassination.
No, it’s called, “heavily relying on right-wing sources”.

And maybe I’m too heavily characterizing it that way, but Res’s earlier post does an excellent job of mapping several of your talking points back to their headwaters. That’s why I said that you are ground zero for the ideological programming being pushed by those sources.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:52 am
Shame on the mods for throwing the other thread to the trash can, the thread where I make it very clear that I am not an incel.
The mods are treating me like trash and it's clear that I am not welcomed here anymore. It is sad because I have participated on this board for many years.
The mods are addressing what has become an increasing problem with your posting behavior. When you decide that any given post isn't being given the attention you think it observes, you seek more attention by starting a new thread that is, in reality, a continuation of the existing thread. Sometimes you start a new thread in which the OP is literally a response to the last post in an existing thread. Sometimes you attempt to disguise this behavior by claiming you are talking about a new subject, only to make it clear as the "new" thread progresses, that you are talking about same subject as in prior threads. This clutters the board with threads that are all about the same topic and is disrespectful to those who are misled by your OP.

Despite many promises to stop posting new threads on the same topic, you continued to do just that. The mega thread approach is a way that moderators have dealt with similar issues in the past. Moving posts on the same topic into one thread is not throwing them in the trash can. It is putting them where they should be -- in one topic. If people don't want to discuss a topic that you think is important, your solution is not to spam the board with multiple threads on the same topic or mislead other board users by trying to disguise the topic of your posts. No one has an obligation to post on a topic that you think is important.

From a moderator perspective, you are just as welcome as any other user. But starting new threads on the same topic simply because you are not getting the attention you think you deserve is not welcome posting behavior.
doubtingthomas wrote:Unfortunately, Gadiaton didn't read the thread where I clarified that I am not an incel or a red piller. Why? Because the mods threw it away.
Here's what Gadianton said,
Gadianton wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:34 am
I don't know if DT is a right winger, I kind of doubt it, but I don't think he's a "liberal" either.
You have no idea what Gadianton has and hasn't read. His post was about his opinion of your political alignment, not whether you were an intel or a red pillar. Moreover, no one has an obligation to take your description of yourself at face value. People can and will form their opinions of you based on their reading of your posts and your posting behavior. Whether their opinions are right or wrong, they are allowed to express them here.
doubtingthomas wrote:And here's what Canpakes said,
canpakes wrote:
you’re relying heavily on sources and ideas put forth by questionable right-wing groups.
It's clear some people here have been successful in assassinating my character. I am sure there are millions of right-wing groups on the internet, so it's very easy to find and cherry-pick some parts to make me look like them.
Let's see. Gadianton said he didn't think you were a right winger. And canpakes said nothing about your politics, but about sources and ideas you rely on. If that's your definition of character assassination, I'd suggest you go back upthread and pay close attention to the meme Doc posted.
doubtingthomas wrote:However, almost everything I say comes from research, newspapers, or respectable sources. Some of the things I say come from left-wingers. For example, in this video, Alex (a Democrat) interviews Alexander (a researcher and an aggressive critic of the red pill). A lot of the things they say sound like the things I say.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=motJcRIQ-0E

Here, Thinking-Ape (another critic of the Red Pill ) talks about some of the things I said.

Here, TYT and Vaush talk about how the left has ignored young, single men. You can't get any more left-wing than TYT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_hnB11wBMc

No, it's not called character assassination. At worst, what cp said is factually wrong. The incel, red pill, pick up artist, etc. communities are not exclusively composed of right-wing folks. But folks in those communities will rely on whatever ideas support the point of view in those communities, regardless of where on the political spectrum those ideas fall.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

here's my understanding of what cp said, that seems to be the purpose for this new thread:
canpakes wrote:
doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:15 am
I doubt you understand my arguments. Perhaps I don't do a good job of explaining my points.
I’d agree. I’ve been trying for the whole thread to get you to explain the connection between the claim that ‘society is failing young men’ and your single given reason of women supposedly getting or having ‘more college scholarships’ than men.

It's obvious that I am not a right-winger, everything I say simply comes from research or left-wingers.

Sure, I made the stupid mistake of not verifying a source, but that rarely happens.
One issue within this thread, as Res documented upstream, is that you’re relying heavily on sources and ideas put forth by questionable right-wing groups. You might not realize it, but you’re ground zero for ideological programming by these groups. Here, you’ve defaulted to simply repeating their claims without being either willing or able to explain what they have to do with your thread’s subject matter.
You seem to be focusing on the word 'right-wing,' but in my opinion, canpakes' main point doesn't even rely on that phrase. Let's try leaving it out and see what we get:
Marcus, quoting cp except for 'right-wing', wrote:..."One issue within this thread, as Res documented upstream, is that you’re relying heavily on sources and ideas put forth by questionable ... groups. You might not realize it, but you’re ground zero for ideological programming by these groups. Here, you’ve defaulted to simply repeating their claims without being either willing or able to explain what they have to do with your thread’s subject matter."
Yes, the main point, in my opinion, is still there. It's almost like you're focusing one that one phrase because you don't want to address the rest of it.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Pro tip: If you want to get the girl, stop being so bloody over the top self absorbed.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Wouldn’t your Jungian hero tell you to man up at this point and stop whining about people mistreating you? People are routinely unkind to each other here. It is not like you are special in this regard.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

DT,

When I try to engage in conversation with you, it goes nowhere. It seems you're just hell bent on fighting a war against the moderators here. I don't expect you'll get the changes you want. At any time, you can go back to posting normally like the rest of us and we might have some good conversations.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:55 pm
At worst, what cp said is factually wrong.
Well, it sure wouldn’t be the first time. : D