Shame on you! I am not a right-winger. Here's proof

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Shame on you! I am not a right-winger. Here's proof

Post by Res Ipsa »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:24 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:55 pm
At worst, what cp said is factually wrong.
Well, it sure wouldn’t be the first time. : D
I live in the glassiest of houses. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:55 pm

The mods are addressing what has become an increasing problem with your posting behavior. When you decide that any given post isn't being given the attention you think it observes, you seek more attention by starting a new thread that is, in reality, a continuation of the existing thread. Sometimes you start a new thread in which the OP is literally a response to the last post in an existing thread. Sometimes you attempt to disguise this behavior by claiming you are talking about a new subject, only to make it clear as the "new" thread progresses, that you are talking about same subject as in prior threads. This clutters the board with threads that are all about the same topic and is disrespectful to those who are misled by your OP.
Fair enough.
Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:12 pm
Wouldn’t your Jungian hero tell you to man up at this point and stop whining about people mistreating you? People are routinely unkind to each other here. It is not like you are special in this regard.
I man up all the time in real life.
drumdude wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:15 pm
When I try to engage in conversation with you, it goes nowhere. It seems you're just hell bent on fighting a war against the moderators here.
No, I do understand that being a moderator is not an easy job.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

unfortunately, Gadiaton didn't read the thread where I clarified that I am not an incel or a red piller
DT, a person can try to manage their image, but they can't create their image. Whether or not you're red-pill, incel, or right-wing, is not primarily determined by your own claims about yourself. When I said I don't think you're a right-winger (and I've said nothing about the other two), pointing to threads where you've claimed to be this or that make no dent in my perception.

I recall in a freshman course at BYU, they played a number of clips of Rush Limbaugh denying that he's far right, and claiming to be "middle of the road", as an example of how people play politics. My right-wing friend I talk about denies being right-wing.
However, almost everything I say comes from research, newspapers, or respectable sources.
You do cite reputable sources. The problem is, you draw conclusions from these sources that the sources aren't advancing. Remember the CNN video I watched and my criticism of your inferences from it?

Your narrative is heavily influenced by the mansphere. The mansphere isn't entirely homogeneous, and there is a lot of denying that they are this or that within the mansphere, but the talking points we hear are all right there.
Here, Thinking-Ape (another critic of the Red Pill ) talks about some of the things I said.
You can't possibly be serious. You've just shot your foot with .400 weatherby, my friend. Thinking-Ape is a "critic of the red-pill" in the same way a neo-Nazi is a critic of Donald Trump and the Republican party. It's been a couple of years, but I've watched 20-30 of Ape's Youtube episodes; let's face it, the guy has a great voice and he articulates the plight of today's man succinctly and matter-of-factly.

You're darn right, DT, Thinking ape backs up a whole lot of what you're saying, and unfortunately I have to recommend to others here to watch a video or two of his to see just how deep you are into this stuff, if you thought citing one of his videos was going to prove your distance from the mansphere. And to boot, Thinking Ape is also an unhinged right-winger, and an ardent critic of everything "woke".
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:59 pm
I man up all the time in real life.
Then why not tough it out here?
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:06 am

Then why not tough it out here?
I am accepting a lot of things and that's why I won't start new threads here (Spirit forum) anymore.

Just because I am loud here doesn't mean I am loud in real life.
Gadianton wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:08 am
Thinking-Ape is a "critic of the red-pill" in the same way a neo-Nazi is a critic of Donald Trump and the Republican party. It's been a couple of years, but I've watched 20-30 of Ape's Youtube episodes; let's face it, the guy has a great voice and he articulates the plight of today's man succinctly and matter-of-factly.

You're darn right, DT, Thinking ape backs up a whole lot of what you're saying,
20 to 30? I have only watched two. Anyways, these guys are aggressive critics of the Red Pill and are left-wing.

Alex and Alexander (researcher)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=motJcRIQ-0E

TYT and Vaush
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_hnB11wBMc

John
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-NTR0fn4bs

Why did you watch 20-30 episodes of the Thinking-Ape?
Gadianton wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:08 am
You do cite reputable sources. The problem is, you draw conclusions from these sources that the sources aren't advancing. Remember the CNN video I watched and my criticism of your inferences from it?
Yes, I said that CNN admitted that women are too picky, but CNN only said that women getting more choosey. So what? It was a clickbait. However, I gave you more sources to show that women in general are getting too picky for the wrong reasons.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Gadianton, I hope you answer my question. Why did you watch 20 to 30 episodes of the Thinking-Ape? :lol:
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

DT wrote:20 to 30? I have only watched two. Anyways, these guys are aggressive critics of the Red Pill and are left-wing.
You only have to watch about 30 seconds of a single episode to realize he's a big mansphere apologist. Within the first four minutes of this episode, he's already promoting the red pill, and mgtow (men going their own way), he's not a critic of it at all. You must have picked the longest episode he's ever recorded, and I'm not going to sit through the whole thing. His criticism is going to be that not everyone can handle the truth -- you've seen the Matrix, right? That's not being a red pill critic. A couple years later, and he's talking more about the black pill than the red pill. That's also not being a red pill critic in the way you meant it.

Now you're doing exactly what you did on the CNN discussion. After a while, I finally broke down and watched the video, wrote a lengthy analysis showing it did not distill into what you claimed, and then you said, "what about this other thing..." and here you are again, I called you out on Ape, and your response is, "what about these other guys..."

It doesn't matter what those other guys think, or if you've only watched 2 Ape episodes. The fact that you watched this 30 min. video by Thinking Ape and agreed with it, and claim that he teaches the same things you do, shows that you are deeply embedded in the online mansphere worldview.

...why did I watch 20 - 30 episodes?

Because I believe the incel stuff was getting discussed here or something, I hadn't heard of it, and eventually an Ape recommendation came up. The videos I watched were much shorter, and he's got a good balance, usually, of being contemplative and getting to the point. I've read at least 20 books by L. Ron. Hubbard. I'm generally curious about the world, DT.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:29 am
Yes, I said that CNN admitted that women are too picky, but CNN only said that women getting more choosey. So what? It was a clickbait.
Why do you post clickbait??
However, I gave you more sources to show that women in general are getting too picky for the wrong reasons.
No you didn't.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Marcus wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:15 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:29 am
Yes, I said that CNN admitted that women are too picky, but CNN only said that women getting more choosey. So what? It was a clickbait.
However, I gave you more sources to show that women in general are getting too picky for the wrong reasons.
No you didn't.
I hope I am not being presumptuous to expand what I think Marcus may be pointing to. It should be easy to see that it is the right of women to choose for themselves what reasons they want to be picky about. Doubting thomas has zero right to tell them what they should be picky about or to say they are wrong. Other readers like myself have no right to tell women what they should be picky about.

Doubting Thomas, how is it that you miss this fundamental principal?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

huckelberry wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:03 am
Marcus wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:15 am

No you didn't.
I hope I am not being presumptuous to expand what I think Marcus may be pointing to. It should be easy to see that it is the right of women to choose for themselves what reasons they want to be picky about. Doubting thomas has zero right to tell them what they should be picky about or to say they are wrong. Other readers like myself have no right to tell women what they should be picky about.
not presumptuous at all, your assessment is spot on, in my opinion.
Doubting Thomas, how is it that you miss this fundamental principal?
excellent question.