How do you kill static dust on the TV screen? (plus new cleaning discoveries)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

How do you kill static dust on the TV screen? (plus new cleaning discoveries)

Post by Jersey Girl »

From a dry climate dweller that gets dust from dirt roads with no whole house humidifier...

Static Dust on the TV:

So we have a wide screen TV in the great room. It's not huge but it's there. No matter what I've tried I cannot beat back the dust that clings to the screen. Tried: Swiffer duster, electronics screen cleaning wipes, and microfiber cloths which have all proved useless. I no longer have a lambs wool duster.

What do you use? :?:

Discoveries:

1. Turtle Wax on leather furniture: I use Turtle Wax on the interior of my 23 year old car so it doesn't look like a 23 year old car. Have used it for years. During the Pandemique, I ran out of leather wipes for the leather couch/loveseat. Grabbed the Turtle Wax and it works better than the wipes ever did! The couch/loveseat is old and needs to be replaced but the Turtle Wax shines it right up!

2. Turtle Wax on wood furniture: A few years ago or so, I took a fit against my more modern living room table set and dragged my old Early American dark pine living room tables out of the garage (so happy I kept it!) and used Restor A Finish to breathe a little new life into them. Worked really well. The only problem is that there is no possible way to get a shine on a Restor A Finish finish. Tried the Bees wax product with unsatisfying results. If you've used Restor A Finish, you can't put a lacquer finish on top either. Turtle Wax to the rescue! While doing the leather in the great room, I decided to do a little test on the wood furniture. IT. WORKS! I also put it on the two cast iron pot bellies I have--works! We have a LOT of wood trim in the house so...going to do the kitchen cabinets and all the wood work with it this spring as I peel off the layers of winter and deep clean! So...one multi use product in a spray bottle! Pricey? Yes. Worth it? Definitely!

3. Floor Steamer: Floor steamers are from God. I've watched a certain youtuber for 10 years now. She cooks, cleans, does all the home making and sustainable type stuff. I've watched her use one particular floor steamer through two houses they've lived in. This holiday season I decided to get one on a Prime Deal. It's not a Shark or Dyson. I think I paid 35$ for it. Love. it. It's also a good therapy so it's self care as well. Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0875 ... UTF8&psc=1 It's out of stock right now but I swear by this thing. The only drawback is that it can't do things like your vertical surfaces or reach counter tops like the pricier models with attachments. Get this: I use it on the laminate flooring as well! I hate the laminate but that's what we settled for years ago and it takes off the schmutz from trying various methods (Special cleaners,Swiffer sprayers, vinegar/water, windex, etc.) and makes it shine and NO damage to the edges of the laminate! You can't do that with the pricier models although the steam temp is the same. I pass over it quickly and it does the job in minutes! Hint: Put a few drops of essential oils on the floor before you steam. Not in the water, on the floor. ;)

4. Cleaning contempt: If you are sick and tired of cleaning like I have been then do what the youtubers do. Set the scene. Light a nice candle, put on a simmer pot, use wax warmers, whatever you have for ambiance. Use an audio book, music, or just clean in silence. Youtubers come up with all kinds of labels to entice you to clean (and use their affiliate links if you must--don't over look that) such as 'Rainy Day Clean', 'Cozy clean', 'Relaxing After Dark Clean', 'Giving your house some love'...thinking about it that way has changed my attitude for the most part but yes, I still think I deserve a cleaning service.

If I come up with anything else, I'll post it. If you have good ideas, share them.

Now what about the stupid TV screen? What works for you or am I fighting a losing ground hog day battle? What about those Norwex microfiber cloths? Do they work or not? Because I hate getting taken for a marketing ride.

Yours in cleanliness or not,
Jersey
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: How do you kill static dust on the TV screen? (plus new cleaning discoveries)

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

We use the silver infused microfiber rags, and they work pretty well. If you add just the slightest amount of water dampness, it gets fingerprints off, too.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: How do you kill static dust on the TV screen? (plus new cleaning discoveries)

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:06 pm
We use the silver infused microfiber rags, and they work pretty well. If you add just the slightest amount of water dampness, it gets fingerprints off, too.

- Doc
That's the kind I was thinking about! I've been seeing them in use for years on youtube but remained skeptical. So they work, huh? You feel the surfaces are actually clean with just water?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:37 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:06 pm

- Doc
That's the kind I was thinking about! I've been seeing them in use for years on youtube but remained skeptical. So they work, huh? You feel the surfaces are actually clean with just water?
Yes, but again it has to be the lightest of spray on the rag. And that’s for fingerprints. I suggest a dry silver-infused microfiber once or twice over for the dust, and then a follow up for the fingerprints.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:38 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:37 pm

Yes, but again it has to be the lightest of spray on the rag. And that’s for fingerprints. I suggest a dry silver-infused microfiber once or twice over for the dust, and then a follow up for the fingerprints.

- Doc
Thanks, Cam. I'll give it a whirl! Nice to hear it from someone who's profiting from it! ;)

Slava Ukraini!