MLB - YES!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Brack
Deacon

Re: MLB - YES!

Post by Brack »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:52 pm
And my Mariners were eliminated in the penultimate game of the season. A heartbreaking finish after an amazing run.
The Mariners sadly aren't in the playoffs even though they ended up with a better record than the MN Twins, AZ Diamondbacks and Florida Marlins. All three of those teams are in the playoffs with the Diamondbacks in the playoffs for the first time in six years.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Brack wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:42 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:52 pm
And my Mariners were eliminated in the penultimate game of the season. A heartbreaking finish after an amazing run.
The Mariners sadly aren't in the playoffs even though they ended up with a better record than the MN Twins, AZ Diamondbacks and Florida Marlins. All three of those teams are in the playoffs with the Diamondbacks in the playoffs for the first time in six years.
That's baseball. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes it rains.

Hope springs eternal and all that.

I do like the faster pace of games under the new rules.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Hey all!

Hope everyone is well.

So, here was my MLB prediction at the beginning of the season.
ceeboo wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:27 pm
Here is my Worls Series prediction: NY Mets VS Houston Astros.

Champs - NY Mets (in 6)
Since the Mets didn't even make the playoffs (my pick as the champs), it seems like I suck as a prophet.

Anyway - still love watching MLB (especially playoff MLB) - Rangers and Arizona have been a big surprise to me - Philadelphia and Houston have not been nearly as surprising - Given the 4 teams left, I am picking the Houston Astros to beat Philadelphia in the WS.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ceeboo wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:29 pm
Hey all!

Hope everyone is well.

ceeboo wrote:

Champs - NY Mets (in 6)
Since the Mets didn't even make the playoffs (my pick as the champs), it seems like I suck as a prophet.

Anyway - still love watching MLB (especially playoff MLB) - Rangers and Arizona have been a big surprise to me - Philadelphia and Houston have not been nearly as surprising - Given the 4 teams left, I am picking the Houston Astros to beat Philadelphia in the WS.
Heya Ceeboo. Nice to see you. I'm a terrible baseball prophet. But I've been very pleased to discover that the rule changes have made baseball enjoyable for me to listen to again. I'd never realized just what an effect the pacing of the games had on my enjoyment.

Enjoy the league championships and the series!
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

The way Houston has played the last two games, you could be 1/2 a prophet, lol. Philadelphia v. Texas is my prediction though with Philadelphia winning.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

The Arizona DBacks and the Texas Rangers will be playing against each other in the World Series. The Texas Rangers will have home field advantage, but the Rangers beat the Astros in the four games in Houston.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

ceeboo wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:29 pm
Hey all!

Hope everyone is well.

ceeboo wrote:

Champs - NY Mets (in 6)

(Bold mine)

:)
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Wonder if Paul H. Dunn playing for the Arizona Diamondbacks in the Rose Bowl right after he planted the flag at Iwo Jima might influence the game in Ceeboo's favor?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace