MLB - YES!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: MLB - YES!

Post by Dr. Shades »

How long is the pitch clock?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:31 pm
I hadn’t seen that video. That’s one wicked pitch.
Yeah! It seems to defy the laws of physics!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:03 am
15 seconds when bases are empty, and 20 seconds when runners are on base. If the pitcher fails to begin a throwing motion before the clock expires, a "ball" is called. Batters must be facing the pitcher and ready for the pitch by the 8 second mark on the pitch clock or a "strike" is called.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:51 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:03 am
15 seconds when bases are empty, and 20 seconds when runners are on base. If the pitcher fails to begin a throwing motion before the clock expires, a "ball" is called. Batters must be facing the pitcher and ready for the pitch by the 8 second mark on the pitch clock or a "strike" is called.
The flaw in the system seems to be in pitcher changes when the clock stops which I suspect will add a new layer to the strategy behind pitching lineups.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

ceeboo wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:27 pm
Hey all,

I am a huge baseball fan and I am looking forward to seeing how this season plays out. Even though I expect a very rough year for my beloved Detroit Tigers, I will still be watching/rooting.

Given that the year has just begun, I thought it might be interesting to see any predictions any of you might have.

Here is my Worls Series prediction: NY Mets VS Houston Astros.

Champs - NY Mets (in 6)
The Detroit Tigers are off to a rough start at 0-3.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

The first couple time I read this thread title as "MBL" I couldn't really see Ceebs going there and I'm not a fan myself but hey, I'd be impressed if Ceebs was. And then ...ohhhh, baseball, I get it. Well yeah, that's a given; God, baseball, and whatever.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

ceeboo wrote:
Hey all,

I am a huge baseball fan and I am looking forward to seeing how this season plays out. Even though I expect a very rough year for my beloved Detroit Tigers, I will still be watching/rooting.

Given that the year has just begun, I thought it might be interesting to see any predictions any of you might have.

Champs - NY Mets (in 6)
What do you think of the pitch clock Ceeboo? I heard the made the bases bigger.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

ajax18 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:40 pm
I heard the made the bases bigger.
Yes. As part of the liberal agenda to destroy America, they are now three inches wider and longer.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

ceeboo wrote:
Hey all,

Champs - NY Mets (in 6)

The Detroit Tigers ended up at 78-84. But they didn't make the playoffs.

The NY Mets also didn't make the playoffs. The last time the NY Mets won the World Series was back in 1986.

The Houston Astros won the AL West. And the Astros got a first round bye.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

And my Mariners were eliminated in the penultimate game of the season. A heartbreaking finish after an amazing run.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.